FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Walla Walla

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by Walla Walla » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:57 am

Tom, I've told the truth and paid my fee's.

Kick me off and show the group how well Fanball deals with thier problems.

sportsbettingman

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:34 am

Unbelievable.

Tom has locked FOUR threads in the same amount of days.

Pretty pathetic. Posting that you'd like the nonsense to stop and specifically call out the people who are going too far would work just as well. Put a little pressure on them.

Locking a thread instantly boils the blood and has a reactive rather than proactive response.

[ April 15, 2010, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Ryan C

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by Ryan C » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Come on Lance - John WAS called out on his lunacy - I know because I was the one who did it. His posts today show that he just doesn't care.

He again embarassed himself and then goes after Jason Grey? I don't want to hear about him being a war veteran or high pressure air traffic controller. You've got problems - fine get in line.

The fact is his posts are garbage - plain and simple.

I know if I had a serious problem - I would as a first move email, then call Tom or Greg. My last course of action would be to try single-handedly to undermine all their hard work and good intentions. I can say this because it's true - I grew very frustrated in the preseason to the point where I had to call Tom. After the call I had to write an email to apologize for losing my temper. The difference is OBVIOUS to anyone with a brain. Everything I did - I did in private.

The big problem here is that there is no real full time moderator here. So there is more leeway than there should be. As this contest grows - so do the eyeballs on these boards. Fantasy movies, wall street journal articles, fantasy shows on cable and satellite radio, twitter feeds all talking about the NFBC and how great it is.

If anyone came on here today and took a look around they'd be amazed by the amount of inanity and bile from the rank and file. I agree 100 percent with you on one point Lance -that of locking threads.It is should be a last resort - but really - has Walla given them any other choice. But Tom and Greg shouldn't have to worry about this. They shouldn't have to police these boards for us.

A lot has changed with this contest - and for me these message boards SHOULD be the next thing to change. Time to blow it up and start over greg - and set the guidlines in black and white this time.

Three strikes ... You're Out til next season. Posting here should be a privilege not a right. Don't want to play be the rules ...Bye bye. If this contest is truly going to grow to the next level than these boards must no longer be allowed to be a joke. And that's what they are to most in the industry. Time to hire a babysitter fanball.

[ April 15, 2010, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Ryan Carey ]
Mastersball

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” - Albert Einstein

Greg Ambrosius

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:14 pm

I hate to admit it because I'm sure John Crane and many others will call me out on it, but here it goes: I took the day off from work. Yes, after not even having a Saturday or Sunday off since late February I felt the need to rake the lawn, take the wife out for lunch on an 80 degree day and leave the site developments to Ryan. Call me whatever you want, but I left the insanity for a day and had hoped the place wouldn't burn down without me.

Fear the Walla!! That's my new motto when filing for a vacation day.

John, I haven't even read your rants today. But calling me a liar because Jason Grey couldn't compete in the Las Vegas $1300 AL Auction League puts the cherry on the cake for me. I've been accused of just about everything these past four weeks, but lying for Jason because he had to go to Bristol that week for ESPN is wild even for Walla Walla. Call out Jason if you feel he feared the Childs and Gillis if you'd like, but leave me out of it. Heck, I was left trying to fill the spot a few days before leaving for Las Vegas. Why would I cover for anyone who could make it?

Jason is about as good as they come and when Bristol calls you go as an employee. The fact that he could then join Tout in New York that weekend isn't any big deal. So what?

I don't care if Tom locked any of those threads today on his own. I think he's like me, at the end of his rope too. I mean, we are doing all we can to communicate what you folks what and what Ryan's team in St. Louis can do and throughout it all we are just getting socked from all sides. Tom and I are employees; we don't own this **** . We work for a company. You are our customers and we do everything we can to treat you as if you were our very own best customers in the world. Tom and I do that. And then we let you embarrass us, rip us apart via email and on the phone, call us all kinds of names and we should just keep on taking it. I get it.

But every once in awhile, just use what God gave you: Common sense. And maybe even don't post when alcohol is involved (that's for everyone, including me). Or think twice before you post.

I didn't lock any threads, but if Tom felt it was needed so be it. John had to deal with him without me to tell him to shut up. I'm enjoying the season and working with IT to add more features, some of them which you had last year. John constantly ripped on STATS, Inc., so his disdain for Fanball has reached epic proportions, even for Walla Walla. But that's what he wants: Attention. Kind of like the people he hates: Gekko and even me. He enjoys being out there and has been baited by others to keep it up. Forcing us to lock threads was Mission Accomplished John. Way to go.

I have more important missions to finish. Enjoy the season all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Originally posted by Walla Walla:

Tom, I've told the truth and paid my fee's.

Kick me off and show the group how well Fanball deals with thier problems. John, you've been our problem for seven years now. We've shown how we deal with problems: We let you keep competing because YOU LOVE IT!! And if this run ends after seven years -- or maybe even before the end of the season -- so be it. We beat the Over/Under on this relationship according to Las Vegas odds. Congrats for lasting as long as you did. And congrats to Tom and Greg for putting up with you as long as we did.

Now good luck the rest of the season. I'm sure we're to blame for any of your teams struggling so far, but you still have time to turn things around.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

sportsbettingman

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Originally posted by Ryan Carey:

I don't want to hear about him being a war veteran or high pressure air traffic controller.

The big problem here is that there is no real full time moderator here. So there is more leeway than there should be.

If anyone came on here today and took a look around they'd be amazed by the amount of inanity and bile from the rank and file.

A lot has changed with this contest - and for me these message boards SHOULD be the next thing to change.

Time to blow it up and start over greg - and set the guidlines in black and white this time.

Three strikes ... You're Out til next season.

Posting here should be a privilege not a right.

Don't want to play be the rules ...Bye bye.

If this contest is truly going to grow to the next level than these boards must no longer be allowed to be a joke.

Time to hire a babysitter fanball. I reposted the parts of your message I have issues with. Your words.

The "rank and file" ARE THIS GAME...they/we ARE THE MESSAGE BOARD.

For every rebel rouser that offers fairly non-constructive but nonetheless valid criticism, there are at least two brown noser's doing the same with at the other end. Should I start posting that they should be banned as well.

I love differing views, I love the truth, I love the growth that comes from pain.

A Big Brother Message Board like you want is just your one opinion. Mine cancels yours out.

Greg...if you're gonna take the day off...take the WHOLE day off! Cheater! :D ;)

[ April 15, 2010, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]

~Albert Einstein

Greg Ambrosius

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Lance, you WISH I'd take the whole day off!! :D You'd have this place in flames if I did that!! :D You and Walla Walla would be burnin' down the house, OUR HOUSE!! :D

My wife kind of likes me again now. Kind of. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

rockitsauce

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by rockitsauce » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

A Big Brother Message Board like you want is just your one opinion. Mine cancels yours out.

[/QB]me too Lance.

I believe there was a guy on here (DVY ?) saying that the folks complaining about IT issues didn't speak for him?

well you Ryan Carey, aka Elliot Ness, do NOT speak for me. Thank you sir.

Tom & Greg are the best in my book, and I know they can handle any criticism from J.C. They don't need any help from another teacher's pet Eddie haskell
Always be closing.

Glenneration X

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:40 pm

I don't believe threads should be locked. Like everything, they'd run their course and then die out.

Glenn

godfather's dean's list

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by godfather's dean's list » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:50 pm

greg, for whatever reason, the message board opened up to me when i signed in again; as i scan what's been going on here, i think god was saying

you'd suffered enough...thanks again

Ryan C

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by Ryan C » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:22 pm

Originally posted by rockitsauce:

quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

me too Lance.

I believe there was a guy on here (DVY ?) saying that the folks complaining about IT issues didn't speak for him?

well you Ryan Carey, aka Elliot Ness, do NOT speak for me. Thank you sir.

Tom & Greg are the best in my book, and I know they can handle any criticism from J.C. They don't need any help from another teacher's pet Eddie haskell [/QB][/QUOTE]Trust me - I am not pretending to speak for anyone but myself. But hey I can go to bed tonight knowing I'm not a jerk. I don't shake my friends hand one day and then stab him in the back the next.
Mastersball

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” - Albert Einstein

Ryan C

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by Ryan C » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:44 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ryan Carey:

I don't want to hear about him being a war veteran or high pressure air traffic controller.

The big problem here is that there is no real full time moderator here. So there is more leeway than there should be.

If anyone came on here today and took a look around they'd be amazed by the amount of inanity and bile from the rank and file.

A lot has changed with this contest - and for me these message boards SHOULD be the next thing to change.

Time to blow it up and start over greg - and set the guidlines in black and white this time.

Three strikes ... You're Out til next season.

Posting here should be a privilege not a right.

Don't want to play be the rules ...Bye bye.

If this contest is truly going to grow to the next level than these boards must no longer be allowed to be a joke.

Time to hire a babysitter fanball. I reposted the parts of your message I have issues with. Your words.

The "rank and file" ARE THIS GAME...they/we ARE THE MESSAGE BOARD.

For every rebel rouser that offers fairly non-constructive but nonetheless valid criticism, there are at least two brown noser's doing the same with at the other end. Should I start posting that they should be banned as well.

I love differing views, I love the truth, I love the growth that comes from pain.

Greg...if you're gonna take the day off...take the WHOLE day off! Cheater! :D ;)
[/QUOTE]You know what Lance - I've never even met Greg. I've never been to the Vegas draft, I've never sat poolside and had Greg buy me Coronas. I don't know the man. I've got nothing to gain by sticking my neck out other than putting a target on my back for the many bullies, braggarts and blowhards that dominate these boards at times.

You're right Lance - we are the boards - I agree with you 100% there. I'll fight my fights - you can fight yours.
Mastersball

sportsbettingman

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:53 pm

You have a funny way of offending in a backhanded sort of way. Almost a double meaning that provides an out, rather than saying something outright. You have folks questioning, "am I the backstabbing jerk?" "am I the bully, braggart or blowhard that dominate these boards of which he speaks?" Interesting.

~Albert Einstein

Ryan C

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by Ryan C » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:20 pm

You have a funny way of offending in a backhanded sort of way. Almost a double meaning that provides an out, rather than saying something outright. You have folks questioning, "am I the backstabbing jerk?" "am I the bully, braggart or blowhard that dominate these boards of which he speaks?" Interesting. I'm pretty sure my wife would agree with you on the first part Lance. ;)

You know what - I think it's just the bartender coming out in me. I just want everyone to have a good time. :D I spent over 15 years behind the stick here in the city. Lots of late nights, lots of arguments and lots of fun. I had to talk down my share of drunks and I only got punched once - so that's a pretty good average.
Mastersball

sportsbettingman

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Originally posted by Ryan Carey:

quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

You have a funny way of offending in a backhanded sort of way. Almost a double meaning that provides an out, rather than saying something outright. You have folks questioning, "am I the backstabbing jerk?" "am I the bully, braggart or blowhard that dominate these boards of which he speaks?" Interesting. I'm pretty sure my wife would agree with you on the first part Lance. ;)

You know what - I think it's just the bartender coming out in me. I just want everyone to have a good time. :D I spent over 15 years behind the stick here in the city. Lots of late nights, lots of arguments and lots of fun. I had to talk down my share of drunks and I only got punched once - so that's a pretty good average.
[/QUOTE](this post best read with the Geico Gecko accent)

You are at it again!

You use my name over and over in your posts, thus I must think when you refer to drunks and the like over and over, you must be referring to me.

I have a friend with a similar track record...actually quite a large fellow...but when it comes to blows...he's a marshmallow. He prides himself with his record of weaseling out of any fight by thinking by using his wits, he can talk his way out of any altercation. We all refer to him as the big ***** ...even his ex-girlfriend, and his ex-wife.

Honestly, Ryan...no hard feelings. If you wish to refer to me as a common drunk, I can handle that.

~Albert Einstein

Tom Kessenich

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:12 am

Anyone who has spent any time with us either here, on the NFFC or both knows that Greg and I RARELY lock or delete threads. I probably locked more threads yesterday that John started then I've locked in the NFBC and NFFC combined in the past several years. That's how infrequently it happens.

Greg and I don't want to have to babysit our boards. We would like to believe that everyone here can and will act like adults and we can all enjoy whatever discussions are taking place. Sadly, that wasn't the case yesterday and so I felt compelled to act. If some believe I acted too swiftly and without just cause I apologize. But I don't know how many repetitive posts we need to hear, including ones that are so wildly untrue and misinformed, that detract from the purpose of this forum. For me, they ran their course and I reacted. Blame me. Don't blame Greg, Ryan, our IT crew, the man on the moon or anyone else. It was my decision.

We all know the season didn't start off the way we all wanted it to. Nobody has run from that. Greg and I have been here from Day 1 and we will continue to be here - well except for when Greg or I have the unbridled nerve to take a day off ;) - but like Greg said it's time to move forward. Let's work together to make our event better going forward and enjoy the season. If John Crane or John Doe or whoever is unhappy I'm sorry and I mean that. I do not like to see any of our customers unhappy about the product we are delivering. I take that personally because I have invested a lot of my life to this event and the NFFC.

So there you go. I don't "fear the truth." What I am tired of are wildly misinformed posts which serve no purpose other than to drag this forum down. Hopefully we'll see far fewer of those going forward.

Dare to dream, right?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ryan C

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by Ryan C » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:13 am

Well - then I guess I can handle the weasel tag

But FWIW - in my mind at least, I was never referring specifically to you at all in any of the above posts.

I guess there is a lesson for myself in that - but I'll need to have a cup of coffee (and some boxscores) first before pondering further.
Mastersball

headhunters

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by headhunters » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:19 am

ryan- you have some well written posts. i like them- but on the lance issue- when it is pretty much you, him, walla, greg, and tom on the thread and you have a side note on being a bartender and drunks- you sorta insult his brain by saying you weren't referring to him. lance likes his coffee, his booze and his lectures straight.

Glenneration X

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:42 am

Originally posted by headhunters:

ryan- you have some well written posts. i like them- but on the lance issue- when it is pretty much you, him, walla, greg, and tom on the thread and you have a side note on being a bartender and drunks- you sorta insult his brain by saying you weren't referring to him. lance likes his coffee, his booze and his lectures straight. Maybe Ryan was referring to Greg's Corona addiction....

Glenn

headhunters

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by headhunters » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am

yes- i think he was; hence "drunks". how many of those before you get drunk? do you die from citrus poisoning before you get drunk?

Dub

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by Dub » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:47 am

To be fair, I think Ryan was referring to the admission by Fast Money. In the AM the two threads were right next to each other.

Why drink beer produced from a country in which you wouldn't drink the water?
"I don't remmeber what I don't remember.”- Jerry Garcia

Ryan C

FEAR OF THE TRUTH!!!

Post by Ryan C » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:33 am

You know what - it was a poorly timed anecdote that had nothing to do with anything other than me recounting my almost nightly experiences. I in no way meant to infer anything about anyone there other than myself. I did read Fast Money's thread and respond there - so maybe that's what got me thinking about it .
Mastersball