Upgrades Needed

Gekko

Upgrades Needed

Post by Gekko » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:10 pm

I finally had a chance to look at the Fanball system in depth this weekend. Wife and baby are away.

I know people wanted watch lists created and live scoring, but I don't use those functions. Those are 'Day 2' functions IMO. We still have some 'Day 1' functions that are missing, namely:

1. Stats show by free agent pitchers. Pitchers need games played and walks at a minimum. Games started and HR allowed would be great adds as well.

2. Stats shown by free agent hitters. Why are 'Runs' all the way on the right? Put them back where they belong. I'd also like to see 2B, 3B, BB, OBP, SLG, OPS

3. Free agents dropdowns. The only time period you can pick is 2010. What happened to 'last 7 days', 'last 14 days', 'last 21 days', by month, etc... Let's get them added back ASAP.

4. Load time for free agents has to be reduced. As someone noted earlier, one of the problems is all of the images on the page. Just like fanball magazines contain lots of graphics and color pages, the web pages are the same way. Us players don't give a shitt about that when it is costing us HOURS each week.

Those are some improvements that should have been made by now. I mean we are two weeks in the season already. If the top notch IT staff is working around the clock, where are these basic features??

Ya, I know everything will be great NEXT season, but we still need it THIS season and soon. Thanks.

Signed,

Frustrated Gekko

[ April 17, 2010, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Gekko ]

Gekko

Upgrades Needed

Post by Gekko » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:13 pm

I apologize in advance, but I will be a thorn this coming week until these basic things get addressed.

[ April 17, 2010, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Gekko ]

Oaktown

Upgrades Needed

Post by Oaktown » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:12 pm

2,3 and 4 are especially key, especially 3. Also, bench stats on Team Stats page is super important.

Cornhusker

Upgrades Needed

Post by Cornhusker » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:50 pm

I agree Gekko! Absolutely no excuse that there are still numerous holes in the system 2 weeks into the regular season.

I have lost all hope in the IT personnel and the FANBALL organization at this point.

Spyhunter

Upgrades Needed

Post by Spyhunter » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Originally posted by Cornhusker:

I agree Gekko! Absolutely no excuse that there are still numerous holes in the system 2 weeks into the regular season.

I have lost all hope in the IT personnel and the FANBALL organization at this point. Really? after all the improvements at this point? That is a bit harsh, they have done a nice job recently on enhancements, give them some credit

Gekko

Upgrades Needed

Post by Gekko » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Originally posted by Cornhusker:

I have lost all hope in the IT personnel and the FANBALL organization at this point. I wouldn't go that far yet. Let's give them this week. I apologize that I haven't had any time to really get into the system until today. Now that I got in, time to get this stuff addressed.

M Co

Upgrades Needed

Post by M Co » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:06 pm

I'd also like to be able to see all the FAAB bids from my league each week. I think that was on the old site? It would help a lot to be able to know how much the other teams in my league typically bid.

Gekko

Upgrades Needed

Post by Gekko » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:08 pm

Originally posted by M Co:

I'd also like to be able to see all the FAAB bids from my league each week. I think that was on the old site? It would help a lot to be able to know how much the other teams in my league typically bid. only the winning and runner bids were ever published. but that is a good segway to my another 'upgrade needed'. PLEASE LIST THE WINNING FAAB BIDS IN DESCENDING ORDER. NOT DOING SO IS MICKEY MOUSE. THAT IS A PROGRAMMING BASIC STUDENTS LEARN IN HIGH SCHOOL (MAYBE EVEN MIDDLE SCHOOL)

[ April 17, 2010, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Gekko ]

M Co

Upgrades Needed

Post by M Co » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Originally posted by Gekko:

only the winnng and runner bids were ever published. but that is a good segway to my another 'upgrade needed'. Thanks. I wasn't sure if other losing bids were listed or not. I must be thinking of a different site which under history listed all losing bids. I actually think that would be a good addition, personally, but I can see that wouldn't be first priority over some of this other stuff...

Gekko

Upgrades Needed

Post by Gekko » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:16 pm

quote:Originally posted by Gekko:

only the winnng and runner bids were ever published. but that is a good segway to my another 'upgrade needed'. Thanks. I wasn't sure if other losing bids were listed or not. I must be thinking of a different site which under history listed all losing bids. I actually think that would be a good addition, personally, but I can see that wouldn't be first priority over some of this other stuff... [/QUOTE]btw, i know we had our differences on the other subject, but congrats on the great start in the Auction Championship.

M Co

Upgrades Needed

Post by M Co » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:19 pm

btw, i know we had our differences on the other subject, but congrats on the great start in the Auction Championship. Thanks, but that wasn't me. ;-( Not too many fast starts here anywhere. But at least there's only one way to go... ;-()

Gekko

Upgrades Needed

Post by Gekko » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Thanks, but that wasn't me. ;-( Not too many fast starts here anywhere. But at least there's only one way to go... ;-() sorry. thought that was you. in any event, good luck

JohnZ

Upgrades Needed

Post by JohnZ » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:16 pm

(MAYBE EVEN MIDDLE SCHOOL) How to get on the programmers good side and get things done quickly ;) :D

E

Upgrades Needed

Post by E » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:52 pm

live sortable stats would also be a good addition.

We should have live access where you click on a column and it automatically would sort a column so you can see how far behind you are from the next guy and so forth.

rkulaski

Upgrades Needed

Post by rkulaski » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Good post and hopefully Greg or whoever can get IT fixing these problems ASAP.

#1 PROBLEM that needs to be fixed is LOAD TIMES.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Dub

Upgrades Needed

Post by Dub » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:00 pm

Originally posted by rkulaski:

#1 PROBLEM that needs to be fixed is LOAD TIMES. I dont know why- but I am not having load time issues?? I use a Mac and Fire Fox if that means anything.

[ April 17, 2010, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: Dub ]
"I don't remmeber what I don't remember.”- Jerry Garcia

LONG GONE

Upgrades Needed

Post by LONG GONE » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:58 pm

1. Agree with load times need to be fixed.

2. Would like to see all my players stats., even the bench players for the week or year.

3. Would like the stats to line up the same way as last year.

We have a need for speed, so lets drop all your graphics.

rkulaski

Upgrades Needed

Post by rkulaski » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:30 pm

Originally posted by Dub:

quote:Originally posted by rkulaski:

#1 PROBLEM that needs to be fixed is LOAD TIMES. I dont know why- but I am not having load time issues?? I use a Mac and Fire Fox if that means anything.
[/QUOTE]It shouldn't matter if we use a pc or a mac.

For me to switch from hitters to pitchers takes 30 to 40 sec. 15 sec or so to sort by a category... Guess I'm spoiled from the last 3 years of having faab pages load very quickly.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Oaktown

Upgrades Needed

Post by Oaktown » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:10 pm

That is brutal..I thought the 12-15 seconds for my hitters or pitchers to load was an issue. And category sorts are instantaneous here.

Snord35

Upgrades Needed

Post by Snord35 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:13 am

Originally posted by Spyhunter:

quote:Originally posted by Cornhusker:

I have lost all hope in the IT personnel and the FANBALL organization at this point. Really? after all the improvements at this point? That is a bit harsh, they have done a nice job recently on enhancements, give them some credit
[/QUOTE]Improvements? I think your talking about all the basics that they have added in the last two weeks. What have they added that we didn't have last season? I'm sorry but I'm getting very sour on the whole thing. Fanball should have been up and running 100% on opening day. They handed in a outline of a term paper and now after two weeks have a rough draft with a lot of editing to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni9VhIu9 ... re=related

Fanball vs Old NFBC Site

Spyhunter

Upgrades Needed

Post by Spyhunter » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:44 am

Originally posted by Snord35:

quote:Originally posted by Spyhunter:

quote:Originally posted by Cornhusker:

[/QUOTE]Improvements? I think your talking about all the basics that they have added in the last two weeks. What have they added that we didn't have last season? I'm sorry but I'm getting very sour on the whole thing. Fanball should have been up and running 100% on opening day. They handed in a outline of a term paper and now after two weeks have a rough draft with a lot of editing to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni9VhIu9 ... re=related

Fanball vs Old NFBC Site
[/QUOTE]I guess you have tried the Real Time Scoring Page then? Let me see the math:

a) STATS: Lets say 1/2 teams are checked: Each night lets say 600 teams x 20 seconds = 200 Minutes a night wasted!

b) While it takes LONG to open, having all the FA on one page is a huge advantage for searching etc... (vs. Stats 8+ pages for pitchers)

I am sure there are more improvements if I think about it but these two spring to mind

Spy

Captain Crunch

Upgrades Needed

Post by Captain Crunch » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:08 am

Pardon me for being "unconstructive" ... just blow up the web site and start over. Worst ever ... in no particular order ... slow ... too much graphics ... lack of needed information ... poorly organized ... absolutely the pits.

Gekko

Upgrades Needed

Post by Gekko » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:27 am

Just so the upgrades don’t get lost in the shuffle:

1. Load time for free agents HAS TO BE REDUCED. As someone noted earlier, one of the problems is all of the images on the page. Just like fanball magazines contain lots of graphics and color pages, the web pages are the same way. Us players don't care about the graphics when it is costing us HOURS EACH WEEK.

2. Stats shown by free agents have to be enhanced.

For pitchers, please add: games pitched, games started, walks allowed (adding hr’s allowed would be nice touch).

For hitters, please add: BB, OBP, SLG, OPS (adding 2B & 3B would be nice touch). Please move ‘runs’ back to the left of ‘hr’.

3. Free agents dropdowns have to be enhanced. The only time period you can pick is 2010.

Please add: 'last 7 days', 'last 14 days', 'last 21 days', by month, etc...

4. Please list all winning free agent bids in descending order.

I remember being told that the fanball back-end would be BETTER than the STATS backend. Well, we will be entering Week 3 of the season and all of the things mentioned above were included in the STATS backend. I will remove each of these from the list as they are accomplished. Thanks again.

[ April 18, 2010, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Gekko ]

Gekko

Upgrades Needed

Post by Gekko » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:30 am

ps - Im hoping the "programmers" have not been pulled to begin working on the football site. :(

edelman24

Upgrades Needed

Post by edelman24 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:59 am

Something else that I think is needed, is we need to know what our team FAAB balance is on the Free Agent list page. The setup for seeing other teams bids is fine, but we should be able to see our own balance while placing bids. Considering the load times and amount of teams I have its impossible for me to remember all my amounts and I shouldn't have to go in write all my amounts down first then go to the free agent bid pages to place my bids.