Team Gannon

Chest Rockwell

Team Gannon

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:32 pm

I am assuming since Rich Gannon left after round one the appearance may have meant a little more to him than the main event. I am also working under a wild, dangerous, and easily correctable assumption that this was a comped team.

If so for the rest of our sakes and a level playing field can we find a way to get Bourn in his lineup and Dye on his bench. This is an overall competition and every effort needs to be made to keep it level.

Gekko

Team Gannon

Post by Gekko » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:37 pm

Dye is in his lineup??? Since when??? Got to love when most of us are competing against 14 owners, some leagues only have 13 owners. MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU HAVE A DEAD OWNER IN YOUR LEAGUE FROM DAY ONE. :mad:

Greg Ambrosius

Team Gannon

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:40 pm

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

I am assuming since Rich Gannon left after round one the appearance may have meant a little more to him than the main event. I am also working under a wild, dangerous, and easily correctable assumption that this was a comped team.

If so for the rest of our sakes and a level playing field can we find a way to get Bourn in his lineup and Dye on his bench. This is an overall competition and every effort needs to be made to keep it level. Sure, the guy who is running this team with Rich worked three drafts for us and is a sharp guy. I'll push him to stay on top of this team and to win this league as planned.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Chest Rockwell

Team Gannon

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:45 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

If so for the rest of our sakes and a level playing field can we find a way to get Bourn in his lineup and Dye on his bench. This is an overall competition and every effort needs to be made to keep it level. Sure, the guy who is running this team with Rich worked three drafts for us and is a sharp guy. I'll push him to stay on top of this team and to win this league as planned.
[/QUOTE]thanks I know involvement from you all is walking a fine line. It is much appreciated.

Dirt Dogs

Team Gannon

Post by Dirt Dogs » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:53 pm

What a joke! It's the freaking 2nd week! And yes a dead owner makes FA easier too. Next year lets not "pay" these guys to join and have people that really want to be here.
A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz. ~Humphrey Bogart

Glenneration X

Team Gannon

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:55 pm

I think next year I'll be going to Vegas and making a request to be in the celebrity guest's league. ;)

Glenn

Navel Lint

Team Gannon

Post by Navel Lint » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:00 pm

Originally posted by Dirt Dogs:

What a joke! It's the freaking 2nd week! And yes a dead owner makes FA easier too. Next year lets not "pay" these guys to join and have people that really want to be here. In case you are wondering, nobody paid me to play in Chicago and some people have called me a ‘dead owner’…………….. Oh wait! They called me ‘dead money’, never mind ;)
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Red Sox Nation

Team Gannon

Post by Red Sox Nation » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:02 pm

If so for the rest of our sakes and a level playing field can we find a way to get Bourn in his lineup and Dye on his bench. This is an overall competition and every effort needs to be made to keep it level. This is gross! No excuse for this BS
2004 NYY "The Greatest Choke in the History of Sports"

Walla Walla

Team Gannon

Post by Walla Walla » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:05 pm

OH NO! Now you've done it! You brought up the one word banned at Fanball. INTEGRITY. Ooops I think I just got banned. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Scott Boras

Team Gannon

Post by Scott Boras » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:10 pm

There have been a lot of disappointments thus far but this little piece of info might be the biggest one yet. Fanball better hope the overall winner doesn't emerge from this league. If you're going to compromise the integrity of the competition, at least find a real celebrity... :rolleyes:

Chest Rockwell

Team Gannon

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 pm

My take is they tried something they thought would be neat. It is not working after a few weeks. They can fix it. Save me all of the contest is damaged posts please. If I had a clue (and maybe I should have) that it would come to that I would have sent an email. My bad....

Greg Ambrosius

Team Gannon

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:32 pm

My take is they tried something they thought would be neat. It is not working after a few weeks. They can fix it. Save me all of the contest is damaged posts please. If I had a clue (and maybe I should have) that it would come to that I would have sent an email. My bad.... Yeah, if everyone wanted to post a person's name who hasn't started an active player for two weeks we'd have a lot of posts here. I agree, it's not cool to have Dye in his starting lineup, but we teamed Rich up with a very knowledgeable fantasy guy and he agreed to run the team with Rich. I don't know what they've been doing since Draft Day, but Chest has alerted everyone now. I'll gladly reach out to both of them to get everything back in gear. They are competing with two $100,000 champions in that league, so obviously we expect them to compete and compete hard. This team should win this league just like any of the other teams in this league and that's what I expected from the minute Rich agreed to compete. But we knew he would need help to win money for his charity and his partner knows as much about baseball as anyone in this contest.

But thanks for the heads up Chest. You got the masses moving on this one and so am I.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

sportsbettingman

Team Gannon

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:38 pm

WOW...did you erase what I posted here?

Are you THAT weak?

You lose ALL credibility when you delete.

Greg...you know you are just a run of the mill salesman with zero spine...you mention drinks 99% of the time when you post to me WHEN YOU WANT ME TO BUY...you may mention whatever when you scribble in your notebook and respond to that other person who doesn't drink...maybe you mention their kids...or their job...etc.

Tom is just a nice yes-man riding on Greg's coat-tails. I challenge anyone to re-post anything really worth reposting that Tom has ever written.

I have a lot more to say once they admit to removing my post.

Deal with your bad press...don't brush it under the carpet.

EXPOSED!!!

[ April 25, 2010, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

sportsbettingman

Team Gannon

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Deleting an honest opinion = absolute cowardice.

I am very disappointed that happened.

This reflects directly on the TMNT or whomever!

[ April 25, 2010, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Gekko

Team Gannon

Post by Gekko » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:22 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

Are you THAT weak?

Greg...you know you are just a run of the mill salesman with zero spine...you mention drinks 99% of the time when you post to me WHEN YOU WANT ME TO BUY...you may mention whatever when you scribble in your notebook and respond to that other person who doesn't drink...maybe you mention their kids...or their job...etc.

Tom is just a nice yes-man riding on Greg's coat-tails. I challenge anyone to re-post anything really worth reposting that Tom has ever written.

EXPOSED!!! lance - what did you post that got deleted? your words are very harsh.

Greg Ambrosius

Team Gannon

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:20 am

Deleting an honest opinion = absolute cowardice.

I am very disappointed that happened.

This reflects directly on the TMNT or whomever! Lance, I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't removed a single post. Carry on whatever it is, but you are free to say whatever you want about Rich Gannon. I trust you "thought" you wrote something that you "thought" we took off.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Glenneration X

Team Gannon

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:21 am

Are you THAT weak?

EXPOSED!!! Looking at the day & time of this post (late Saturday night ) and reflecting on recent history re: Lance's rants, I'm anticipating maybe another of Lance's next day with a hangover apologies. :D

Or maybe he's really this pissed off....but I agree with Mark. Extremely harsh.

Are you sure you even hit the "Add Reply" tab on the original post Lance? ;)

Glenn

Gekko

Team Gannon

Post by Gekko » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:37 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

Looking at the day & time of this post (late Saturday night ) and reflecting on recent history re: Lance's rants, I'm anticipating maybe another of Lance's next day with a hangover apologies. :D

that's my first thought too

Ando

Team Gannon

Post by Ando » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:18 am

I think "pictures of your mom" is pretty harsh too.

But it's okay because the Gekko Man wrote it - and he owns these boards.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Gekko

Team Gannon

Post by Gekko » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:53 am

lance - if your "harsh" post WAS the result of booze, you may want to spend some time to reflect. most if not all of the worst times in my life involved booze. it's a very destructive drug that can take over your life.

[ April 25, 2010, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Gekko ]

Mankind

Team Gannon

Post by Mankind » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:44 am

Yep, sounds like another drunken rant followed by another apology with a smiley face...dude needs help...

Scott Boras

Team Gannon

Post by Scott Boras » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:10 am

Lance, there are two different Gannon threads. Your post is probably in the other thread.