Just trying to be constructive-

Dub

Post by Dub » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:41 am

Just trying to be constructive. Please do not take it any other way.

The simple things first.

• All scoring categories to the left

• An indicator for whether a player is a scheduled starter for the day

• Either combine or show consistency in how the stats are displayed in both the free agent pool and under the player stat drop down choice. The player stat display has much more functionality and could serve as the FA pool as well if you added the current team owner and % owned and % started categories; along with the current FAAB functionality.

• Sort FAs by MI and CI (this is available under the play stat choice)

. Add the same drop down choices that are available under the player stat choice to the FA pool.

• The set line up choice should show, at the very least, the current period and the next one. Ideally, it should show all future scoring periods, but I understand that you want to limit future activity to eliminate DL manipulation. Currently we only see the next and not the present.

• Add a daily trend category under the live scoring feature.

There are a lot of good ideas out there with many more elaborate change suggestions, but these are the simple changes that should make the platform more practical (imho).

[ April 20, 2010, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Dub ]
"I don't remmeber what I don't remember.”- Jerry Garcia

BigHurt

Post by BigHurt » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:21 am

It would also be nice to have some timeframes to sort free agents by. "Last 7 days" comes immediately to mind.

Dub

Post by Dub » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:29 am

Originally posted by BigHurt:

It would also be nice to have some timeframes to sort free agents by. "Last 7 days" comes immediately to mind. Its available to you- but under the player stats choice and not in the FA pool. I have mentioned this.

Currently you have to go to two separate databases to get the necessary information.

[ April 20, 2010, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Dub ]

Dub

Post by Dub » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:15 am

Originally posted by Dub:

• Either combine or show consistency in how the stats are displayed in both the free agent pool and under the player stat drop down choice. The player stat display has much more functionality and could serve as the FA pool as well if you added the current team owner and % owned and % started categories; along with the current FAAB functionality.

DONE

• Sort FAs by MI and CI (this is available under the play stat choice)

DONE

. Add the same drop down choices that are available under the player stat choice to the FA pool.

DONE

Dub

Post by Dub » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:18 am

What's left

• The set line up choice should show, at the very least, the current period and the next one. Ideally, it should show all future scoring periods, but I understand that you want to limit future activity to eliminate DL manipulation. Currently we only see the next and not the present.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:34 am

What's left

This will come in the next day or two. Hopefully three sets of matchups will be shown at all times: Monday-Thursday of this week; Friday-Sunday; and Monday-Thursday of next week. That's what I've requested and I think they are working on that now. I believe improved Team Stats and Set Roster pages are next to be done.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Frozen Tundra

Post by Frozen Tundra » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:49 am

What's left

That would be very helpful, especially considering that current period disappears from the lineup page once it starts. I keep going back to Yahoo just to remind myself who I got starting. Highlights, bolding pitcher names or a "carrot" (Yahoo style ^) next to them would do it. Whatever is easier for the tech guys.
"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions"
-Albert Einstein

TOXIC ASSETS

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:02 am

That is the only issue I have. Put all of the "counting" cageries first. Then have the batting, slugging, on base, etc on the right.

samkillian

Post by samkillian » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:14 am

Hopefully this is in the right post, and not a repost. I noticed that the my players notes and all players notes just seemed to be backwards. Probbaly not a major issue, but i didn't see it here, so i figured i'd throw it out in a post that seemed to be trying to make changes for the good, and not in one trying to call out only negatives.

Dub

Post by Dub » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:18 pm

Done

Dub

Post by Dub » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:19 pm

What's left

Fix in progress

Dub

Post by Dub » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:28 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by Dub:

What's left

This will come in the next day or two. Hopefully three sets of matchups will be shown at all times: Monday-Thursday of this week; Friday-Sunday; and Monday-Thursday of next week. That's what I've requested and I think they are working on that now. I believe improved Team Stats and Set Roster pages are next to be done.
[/QUOTE]Set line up page looks really good. Everything is coming along very nicely if you ask me (I know you didnt)

Asumijet

Post by Asumijet » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:27 am

FYI- When you sort numbers, for example Inns pitched or ERA, it sorts by text and not by numerical value. Example 0.0, 1.0, 10.0, 2.0, 22.0, 3. I am using IE, if that matters.
Neal Moses

Dub

Post by Dub » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:49 am

Originally posted by Asumijet:

FYI- When you sort numbers, for example Inns pitched or ERA, it sorts by text and not by numerical value. Example 0.0, 1.0, 10.0, 2.0, 22.0, 3. I am using IE, if that matters. It matters- If you are able to, switch to Chrome if you use a PC and Fire Fox if you use a Mac

[ April 24, 2010, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Dub ]

danimal10

Post by danimal10 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:09 am

Sure would be nice to have the feature that identifies scheduled starters on the day the pitch.....I hope that's on the way soon...

D

Red Sox Nation

Post by Red Sox Nation » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:55 am

Chrome is incredible. I used to be hooked on Firefox until I read about Chrome here. Faster!
2004 NYY "The Greatest Choke in the History of Sports"

Dub

Post by Dub » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Originally posted by danimal10:

Sure would be nice to have the feature that identifies scheduled starters on the day the pitch.....I hope that's on the way soon...

D Its here! It's avail on the set line up page. Its distinguished by a color hi-light.

Dub

Post by Dub » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:01 pm

Originally posted by Red Sox Nation:

Chrome is incredible. I used to be hooked on Firefox until I read about Chrome here. Faster! Discrimination against us Mac users. First Chrome is in Beta for Mac and second its not avail for Tiger OS :mad:

danimal10

Post by danimal10 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:29 am

Sorry Dub I should have been more specific. I was talking about on the live scoring page. NFBC had it last year and 99% of the other sites have it on the live scoring page. It's nice to get a one stop look at that page in the morning and see who you have pitching that day.

It is nicely identified on the set lineup page with the highlight, I agree with that. Just would like to see it daily on the live scoring page....

D