Enhanced Free Agent Page and More Is Now Live

Crazy Like a Fox

Post by Crazy Like a Fox » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:53 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Once the free agent list loads, you can sort by category or go to other positions in a split second. If you are still looking for All Players, that can be found under the Players pulldown. Just pull down to All Players and load there.

If you are looking for 7 Day, 14 Day or 21 Day breakdowns, they are listed under the Stats pulldown. Right now it defaults to 2010, but you can play with the 7, 14 and 21 day breakdowns. You can also sort by 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 stats.

The Watch List will have another addition in the next day or two, allowing you to bid from there. We're still working on that one.

If you find anything else that I may have missed let us know here. We are still working on the Internet Explorer loading and hope to have that improved as well. I know some folks are getting an error message there and we need to fix that. That's great, just want to know if you can look into the free agents being ranked overall (5x5) as opposed to clicking on each category (kind of cumbersome and doesn't give the whole picture) like a ranking. I'm pretty sure every fantasy website on the net has a ranking for free agents based on current statistics. I'm sure it's in the works, just want to see if you're looking into it. Thanks.
"Hit a home run - put your head down, drop the bat, run around the bases, because the name on the front is more - a lot more important than the name on the back."

Ryne Sandberg (my favorite player of all-time)

roundmann

Post by roundmann » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:16 am

Free agent page runs slower than I do and I'm not called Roundmann because I am "Thunder Bolt"

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:22 am

Originally posted by MichiganFantasyTeam:

IE is from the 80's...I think you would really like Firefox or something else. Just my opinion, Internet Explorer has been working slower than normal for the past 4-6 months.

I downloaded Firefox a few months back and it has made a BIG deffernce. I have heard this from so many different people. For those who like Firefox I'd recommend trying Google Chrome. I switched from Firefox to Chrome several weeks ago and I love it. MUCH faster. There's a few minor things about Chrome I don't like but I think overall it's the best browser out there right now.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Plymouth

Post by Plymouth » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:34 am

For me the FA page is now running slower than slow. I am getting an error message asking if I want to sop running the script or my PC may become unresponsive. It is really bad now, much worse than before. I am running IE7.

[ April 21, 2010, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Plymouth ]

waiverwire

Post by waiverwire » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:40 am

Me too. The last time I was in there was Sunday, when it worked fine. Today it's completely unusable. I've tried three times. The first two, the list didn't come up at all before crashing my browser. The last time, it gave an error message before the list came up. Once I tried searching for a specific player, it crashed. I'm using IE 7 too.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:47 am

As Greg said, we're working on the IE issues.

For those using IE, I'd recommend downloading Firefox or Google Chrome if that option is available.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Dub

Post by Dub » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:10 am

Internet Explorer

Fire fox or Chrome

"I don't remmeber what I don't remember.”- Jerry Garcia

Joe Sambito

Post by Joe Sambito » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:10 am

Tom I just downloaded Google Chrome and I am flying around. I actually feel like I should get a speeding ticket. The difference is night and day. Thanks for the advice Tom!!!
"Everyone is born right-handed, only the greatest overcome it."

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:15 am

Originally posted by Joe Sambito:

Tom I just downloaded Google Chrome and I am flying around. I actually feel like I should get a speeding ticket. The difference is night and day. Thanks for the advice Tom!!! You're welcome. Like I said, there are a few minor things I don't like but the overall speed and functionality is much better than Firefox and IE in my opinion.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:20 am

Originally posted by Plymouth:

For me the FA page is now running slower than slow. I am getting an error message asking if I want to sop running the script or my PC may become unresponsive. It is really bad now, much worse than before. I am running IE7. They are working on a solution to IE and hopefully it will be solved before tonight. However, John's team did say that you can choose "no" on that script message, and everything will load correctly and work fine.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Red Sox Nation

Post by Red Sox Nation » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:39 am

Originally posted by Crazy Like a Fox:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Once the free agent list loads, you can sort by category or go to other positions in a split second. If you are still looking for All Players, that can be found under the Players pulldown. Just pull down to All Players and load there.

If you are looking for 7 Day, 14 Day or 21 Day breakdowns, they are listed under the Stats pulldown. Right now it defaults to 2010, but you can play with the 7, 14 and 21 day breakdowns. You can also sort by 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 stats.

The Watch List will have another addition in the next day or two, allowing you to bid from there. We're still working on that one.

If you find anything else that I may have missed let us know here. We are still working on the Internet Explorer loading and hope to have that improved as well. I know some folks are getting an error message there and we need to fix that. That's great, just want to know if you can look into the free agents being ranked overall (5x5) as opposed to clicking on each category (kind of cumbersome and doesn't give the whole picture) like a ranking. I'm pretty sure every fantasy website on the net has a ranking for free agents based on current statistics. I'm sure it's in the works, just want to see if you're looking into it. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]Everyone has there own opinion but I prefer alphabetical order as currently instituted. I like to do my own sorts and work off my watch list as well.
2004 NYY "The Greatest Choke in the History of Sports"

Plymouth

Post by Plymouth » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 am

quote:Originally posted by Plymouth:

For me the FA page is now running slower than slow. I am getting an error message asking if I want to sop running the script or my PC may become unresponsive. It is really bad now, much worse than before. I am running IE7. They are working on a solution to IE and hopefully it will be solved before tonight. However, John's team did say that you can choose "no" on that script message, and everything will load correctly and work fine. [/QUOTE]I agree that you can say "no" to the script message and it will continue on but that is just for that step and as soon as you try to make a move it goes right back into slow motion. The question remains on the table, don't they test it before they install or do they just find one browswer that it works on and it is good to go?

[ April 21, 2010, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Plymouth ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:20 pm

We have created an Internet Explorer runaround for tonight that avoids the error message and lets NFBC owners into the free agent pages. It should give you access to everything everyone else has, but it won't let you sort by stat categories. That's for tonight and hopefully we'll have that solved tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, but they spent a lot of time on this today.

It was interesting talking to Cory about this. All browsers are under the same guidelines so that programmers can make these things uniform, but Microsoft has their own set of rules and thus IE has more problems. This is causing problems with everything from Live Scoring to Free Agents and these guys are addressing these problems each time. Hopefully we'll have this one solved tomorrow.

The rest of the features we had hoped to unveil today will be pushed back to tomorrow. We're on them and should have many of these ready soon. One of them is daily emails for each of your leagues that should start Friday morning. They will include standings, last night's player results and player notes. We are testing that tonight for the last time.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Scared $ Dont Make $

Post by Scared $ Dont Make $ » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:39 pm

We have created an Internet Explorer runaround for tonight that avoids the error message and lets NFBC owners into the free agent pages. It should give you access to everything everyone else has, but it won't let you sort by stat categories. That's for tonight and hopefully we'll have that solved tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, but they spent a lot of time on this today.

It was interesting talking to Cory about this. All browsers are under the same guidelines so that programmers can make these things uniform, but Microsoft has their own set of rules and thus IE has more problems. This is causing problems with everything from Live Scoring to Free Agents and these guys are addressing these problems each time. Hopefully we'll have this one solved tomorrow.

The rest of the features we had hoped to unveil today will be pushed back to tomorrow. We're on them and should have many of these ready soon. One of them is daily emails for each of your leagues that should start Friday morning. They will include standings, last night's player results and player notes. We are testing that tonight for the last time. I got your back on this one Greg. Cross-browser verification is the biggest headache we have in IT right now. And the headache is called Microsoft. IE 6 & 7 are brutal to deal with but we still have 30% of people using these browsers. IE 8 is a little better but it still causes our programmers work arounds.

Switch to firefox

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html

or chrome

http://www.google.com/chrome

NOW people, get out of the world that has brainwashed you to everything microsoft and move into the free world

JerseyHitman

Post by JerseyHitman » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:10 am

I have Firefox and that is not working well. Guess I will try the other one.

Scared $ Dont Make $

Post by Scared $ Dont Make $ » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:23 am

Originally posted by JerseyHitman:

I have Firefox and that is not working well. Guess I will try the other one. The IT team needs to do extensive cross-browser verification. Because Firefox works great for free agents, but Live scoring is a mess.

IE6 live scoring is great, but free agents is a mess.

Gentlemen/fellow NFBC'ers, I would suggest upgrading to IE8 if you have not done so yet(and when IE9 gets here you will be much happier since it will be fully compliant with todays coding standards). IE6 and 7 are dinosaurs and do not talk nice when it comes to developer compliance).

Or trying Chrome (my work PC blocks me due to McAfee, so I can't say how the site functions with Chrome just yet)

IT folks:

Still some work to do boys, do a full scale regression test on IE6/7/8, firefox, chrome (chrome uses the same engine as safari) and safari. Chrome and safari are the fastest browsers out there.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:42 am

Originally posted by PantherPride:

quote:Originally posted by JerseyHitman:

I have Firefox and that is not working well. Guess I will try the other one. The IT team needs to do extensive cross-browser verification. Because Firefox works great for free agents, but Live scoring is a mess.

Gentlemen/fellow NFBC'ers, I would suggest upgrading to IE8 if you have not done so yet(and when IE9 gets here you will be much happier since it will be fully compliant with todays coding standards). IE6 and 7 are dinosaurs and do not talk nice when it comes to developer compliance).

Or trying Chrome (my work PC blocks me due to McAfee, so I can't say how the site functions with Chrome just yet)

IT folks:

Still some work to do boys, do a full scale regression test on IE6/7/8, firefox, chrome (chrome uses the same engine as safari) and safari. Chrome and safari are the fastest browsers out there.
[/QUOTE]I have IE8 and Firefox, both do have some issues with the NFBC software.

I'm willing to try another browser, especially if it's faster. Just curious though, is it pretty simple to transfer my IE favorites to Chrome or Safari? I have about a zillion bookmarks and would never have the time to start over.

Glenn

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:57 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

quote:Originally posted by PantherPride:

quote:Originally posted by JerseyHitman:

IT folks:

[/QUOTE]I have IE8 and Firefox, both do have some issues with the NFBC software.

I'm willing to try another browser, especially if it's faster. Just curious though, is it pretty simple to transfer my IE favorites to Chrome or Safari? I have about a zillion bookmarks and would never have the time to start over.

Glenn
[/QUOTE]I downloaded Chrome last night to try it. During the setup it said it was copying my bookmarks and passwords, but when I used it they weren’t there. Maybe I missed a step or did something wrong.

As for Chrome, this is really the first time I have ever used a browser other than IE. It’s not that different. I didn’t notice any increase or decrease in speed.
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Joe Sambito

Post by Joe Sambito » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:58 am

Glenn mine automatically went over yesterday when I downloaded Chrome.
"Everyone is born right-handed, only the greatest overcome it."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:58 am

You go JT, you go!! :D I knew you'd be useful for something someday!! :D I mean, other than golfing and getting drunk with your college buddies at 8 am on a Thursday or winning an NL Auction League. Keep the IT language coming and I'll forward to our staff when it makes sense. They are speaking the same language when it comes to the IE problems and are testing all of the browsers, but as you know bugs seem to creep up all of the time. Hopefully we can get all of this ironed out soon.

JT, if you help us kill all the bugs you will be forever known as the EXTERMINATOR in the NFBC. :D And extra drinks on me in Las Vegas next year.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:35 am

Originally posted by Joe Sambito:

Glenn mine automatically went over yesterday when I downloaded Chrome. Same here. All of my bookmarks on Firefox transferred immediately to Chrome.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich