Javy Vazquez

MIAMI CANES

Javy Vazquez

Post by MIAMI CANES » Sat May 01, 2010 7:38 am

ARE U KIDDING ME, I NEVER LIKED HIM BUT EXPACTED K'S AND WINS . I ACTUALLY BENCHED HIM IN WCOFB THIS WEEK.

Gekko

Javy Vazquez

Post by Gekko » Sat May 01, 2010 7:41 am

he is getting smoked and i'm getting smoked in all the leagues i drafted him. man, was i wrong on him. thought he was over the mental block. guess not. might deserve to get waived in the next week or two

GOD Loves You

Javy Vazquez

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat May 01, 2010 7:56 am

Originally posted by Gekko:

i'm getting smoked in all the leagues i drafted him. man, was i wrong on himNot sure if you remember our conversation during the #7 DC draft, but I can at least say I was half right on him.......Expected ERA from my non-projection-using self.....4.50 :D

I'm not sure what people saw in the stats, but eyesight showed he wouldn't be able to hang in the Bronx and the AL East.

Obviously the HR allowed will decrease, but he's got a long way to go to get to the 3.5 ERA expected by some.

The Mighty Men

Javy Vazquez

Post by The Mighty Men » Sat May 01, 2010 8:29 am

I stayed away from this guy like he had the plague. So far, so good. When he was with the White Sox, he was SOFT. Ozzie gave him some grief and Javy couldn't mentally recover. I saw enough of him 2 years ago to know I wouldn't ever want him again back in the AL, especially in the AL East.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

Red Sox Nation

Javy Vazquez

Post by Red Sox Nation » Sat May 01, 2010 8:30 am

Velocity way down from last year.

DL Bound!!
2004 NYY "The Greatest Choke in the History of Sports"

kgrady

Javy Vazquez

Post by kgrady » Sat May 01, 2010 8:40 am

Lots of Ed Whitson talk concerning Javy Vazquez. Glad I stayed away from him.

Kevin
"Fear ... that's the other guy's problem!" - Lewis Winthorpe (Dan Akroyd) from Trading Places

billywaz

Javy Vazquez

Post by billywaz » Sat May 01, 2010 9:27 am

Originally posted by Red Sox Nation:

Velocity way down from last year.

DL Bound!! I hope so. He is tough to bench, but when he plays....he sucks!

Gekko

Javy Vazquez

Post by Gekko » Sat May 01, 2010 9:47 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

quote:Originally posted by Gekko:

i'm getting smoked in all the leagues i drafted him. man, was i wrong on himNot sure if you remember our conversation during the #7 DC draft, but I can at least say I was half right on him.......Expected ERA from my non-projection-using self.....4.50 :D

I'm not sure what people saw in the stats, but eyesight showed he wouldn't be able to hang in the Bronx and the AL East.

Obviously the HR allowed will decrease, but he's got a long way to go to get to the 3.5 ERA expected by some.
[/QUOTE]you had a 50/50 chance of being right. so far you are. well done :D

The Franchise

Javy Vazquez

Post by The Franchise » Sat May 01, 2010 9:48 am

Originally posted by Gekko:

he is getting smoked and i'm getting smoked in all the leagues i drafted him. man, was i wrong on him. thought he was over the mental block. guess not. might deserve to get waived in the next week or two Hey Mark, remember after the AC Main drafts you asked me why i took Jimenez over Vazquez? :D

Yikes! So far so good. :eek:
Winning is not everything, but the will to win is.

Gekko

Javy Vazquez

Post by Gekko » Sat May 01, 2010 9:51 am

Originally posted by The Franchise:

quote:Originally posted by Gekko:

he is getting smoked and i'm getting smoked in all the leagues i drafted him. man, was i wrong on him. thought he was over the mental block. guess not. might deserve to get waived in the next week or two Hey Mark, remember after the AC Main drafts you asked me why i took Jimenez over Vazquez? :D

Yikes! So far so good. :eek:
[/QUOTE]well, i'm a numbers guy, and vaz was a superior pitcher last year. going to the Yanks, wins go up, and ya, era and whip go up too. he's just been horrible. if his velocity is down, that's a big part of the problem. not sure if he's pitching hurt.

good job on ubaldo. i liked him (just not where he was going).

Ando

Javy Vazquez

Post by Ando » Sat May 01, 2010 2:31 pm

Ed Whitson.

Unfortunately for Javy, a very realistic comparison at this point. It is early though.

Good call on that - made me laugh thinking about bad Eddy boy tanked in the Bronx!
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey