Friday Chat Has Begun

Gordon Gekko

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:43 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

As I recall, several were repeatedly pushing the bidding last second on you. i only noticed the one fellow. send me the names of the others. thanks. [email protected]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seemed to what separated you from the pack were FA picks more than the draft. my only two FA picks of any real value were droughns and jones. sure they helped out, but i also drafted t.green, gonzo, blaylock, stokley, r.smith. you gotta admit, that's damn good.

nydownunder

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by nydownunder » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:50 pm

Kid

You and me both.
Wagga Wagga Dingoes (NY#4)
Luck is where preparation meets opportunity!

KJ Duke

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:56 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

As I recall, several were repeatedly pushing the bidding last second on you. i only noticed the one fellow. send me the names of the others. thanks. [email protected]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seemed to what separated you from the pack were FA picks more than the draft. my only two FA picks of any real value were droughns and jones. sure they helped out, but i also drafted t.green, gonzo, blaylock, stokley, r.smith. you gotta admit, that's damn good.
[/QUOTE]Blaylock, Stokeley, Smith I'm sure out-performed pre-season values, those were good picks, but Droughns and Jones could have put a few people over the top. By the way, I just missed the playoffs in the auction league and my team out-scored every playoff team each week of the playoffs. I expect to win the auction next year, no disrespect to your "staff".

KJ Duke

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:59 pm

Greg,

Did you notice I asked to be added to the mixed auction as well? Think it got buried in the discussion.

Gordon Gekko

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:23 pm

I expect to win the auction next year, no disrespect to your "staff". what has changed from last year to this year ,i.e. why?

KJ Duke

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:37 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

I expect to win the auction next year, no disrespect to your "staff". what has changed from last year to this year ,i.e. why? [/QUOTE]A) Horrible h2h luck in first half of season. Luck should even out.

B) I'm really a baseball guy playing fantasy football, still on a sharp learning curve.

C) I've fired my football co-mgr. Smart football guy, horrible fantasy guy.

D) Previous winners get over-confident and/or lazy.

[ February 25, 2005, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Gordon Gekko

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:58 pm

A) Horrible h2h luck in first half of season. Luck should even out. Mutually Exclusive

D) Previous winners get over-confident and/or lazy. you must be talking about lumpy loads

[ February 25, 2005, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Top Dawg

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Top Dawg » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:53 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Pete, I know you want to know your draft position, but let's hold the fort a bit. We need to finalize all signups and all payments once we're at 300. We'll get the leagues picked and draft spots selected as fast as we can, but we won't rush to judgement. We have 10 employees in Hawaii the next 10 days for our Hawaii Sports Collectibles Trade Conference, so we'll be a bit short-handed this next week with a few things, but can get everything done if we reach 300 soon.

Trust me as we near 300. You trusted me when we were at 165 last year, so why is this year any different? [/QB]Greg, I've never had anything but 100% trust in you and the organization. If you read my post, I as voicing my preference for draft positions 7-10 days prior to the draft, if possible (not during the next 10 days). The point I was trying to make was that if we got within that 7-10 day window when we reached 300 then I would rather you cap it at 300 rather than try to get us to 315. That's still my preference. Heck, if we can get to 315 and still have 7-10 days before the draft to pick selections I could care less.

You've always done what is right. I expect you'll continue to do the same.

Best regards,

Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

Greg Ambrosius

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:20 am

Greg,

Did you notice I asked to be added to the mixed auction as well? Think it got buried in the discussion. Got it. You are #23 in Las Vegas. We will fill up two of those leagues on Friday and close it out. We could have five auctions going on Friday night, which would be wild. Thanks Kevin.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:22 am

[/QB]Sorry to hear that. She brightened up the room on Friday night while the rest of the owners were drinking two cases of beer! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Buster

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Buster » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:34 am

We have 10 employees in Hawaii the next 10 days for our Hawaii Sports Collectibles Trade Conference, so we'll be a bit short-handed this next week with a few things, but can get everything done if we reach 300 soon.

Now, that's a job I would like. Need a(nother) attorney on your staff?

Buster

fandango

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by fandango » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:38 am

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

I expect to win the auction next year, no disrespect to your "staff". what has changed from last year to this year ,i.e. why? [/QUOTE]A) Horrible h2h luck in first half of season. Luck should even out.

B) I'm really a baseball guy playing fantasy football, still on a sharp learning curve.

[/QUOTE]what auction league were you referring to lat year NFFC, and which one are you predicting you will win next year???? just want to here you correctly....

KJ Duke

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:56 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:

Sorry to hear that. She brightened up the room on Friday night while the rest of the owners were drinking two cases of beer! :D [/QB][/QUOTE]Oh no, Greg, I didn't fire her. She has a permanent position on the "team" ... even less football input, but strong on the other intangibles.

KJ Duke

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:00 am

Originally posted by fandango:

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

[/QUOTE]what auction league were you referring to lat year NFFC, and which one are you predicting you will win next year???? just want to here you correctly....
[/QUOTE]Vegas NFFC.