Anybody else have this problem on FA search?

Crazy Like a Fox

Post by Crazy Like a Fox » Sun May 23, 2010 8:54 am

I have Google Chrome downloaded. But when I do a search for a player it only allows me to type one or two letters before the letters erase. Very annoying.

And still can't figure out why it still defaults to catchers. Just way too many buttons to press for simple functions. 2 start pitcher page doesn't work. Free agents aren't ranked according to overall stats. Color layout is blah. Draft Order takes up half the main page. Huh? Still can't show which category points I go up or down in.

This stuff has been a constant for how many years on any reasonable fantasy baseball website. Sundays used to be the most exciting day of the week for my fantasy teams, now they're the most frustrating and tedious days.

2 months in and it's still the worst fantasy baseball experience I've ever had. This is ridiculous. :confused: :mad:

[ May 23, 2010, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Crazy Like a Fox ]
"Hit a home run - put your head down, drop the bat, run around the bases, because the name on the front is more - a lot more important than the name on the back."

Ryne Sandberg (my favorite player of all-time)

Spyhunter

Post by Spyhunter » Sun May 23, 2010 9:08 am

yes, because they strangely changed the design that if the player is taken, they don't show up on the search and erase the search on you. I wrote about this 3 weeks ago

In a word, an BIZZARE design

[ May 23, 2010, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Spyhunter ]

frank&beans

Post by frank&beans » Sun May 23, 2010 11:19 am

I have been sitting on my computer for over an hour trying to make bids on free agents. Screen constantly freezes up, then that stupid script message pops up... I thought this stuff would have been fixed by now... I never had a problem picking up free agents when I used to play with ESPN and CBS leagues... That was over 5-6 years ago...

viper

Post by viper » Sun May 23, 2010 11:23 am

I have Firefox and the constant script error is annoying. I freezes up well over half the time I do anything with free agents. Not sure if I have every seen it any other time. I'm finally getting used to it but "acceptance' is not really a solution.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun May 23, 2010 11:25 am

Originally posted by frank&beans:

I have been sitting on my computer for over an hour trying to make bids on free agents. Screen constantly freezes up, then that stupid script message pops up... I thought this stuff would have been fixed by now... I never had a problem picking up free agents when I used to play with ESPN and CBS leagues... That was over 5-6 years ago... It sounds like an Internet Explorer issue. I worked on IE earlier today and didn't have the same experience, but try downloading Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser and copying your team link there. I don't think you'll have the same problem. Free agents load very quickly on either Firefox or Google Chrome.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

frank&beans

Post by frank&beans » Sun May 23, 2010 11:45 am

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the response. I am using firefox at the moment and it keeps happening. I will try out IE and see if it helps.

mallorys killers

Post by mallorys killers » Mon May 24, 2010 7:28 am

I asked 3 times about changing the player search on Ask The Nfbc,,,so far no answer,,,,,,,,,why can't I get a response?
mk

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon May 24, 2010 7:32 am

Originally posted by mallorys killers:

I asked 3 times about changing the player search on Ask The Nfbc,,,so far no answer,,,,,,,,,why can't I get a response? What's the question you've asked? The search function appears to be working very well. What issue are you having?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mallorys killers

Post by mallorys killers » Mon May 24, 2010 1:53 pm

Its not working!!!!! We need to know

1-What fantasy team the player is on or if he is a free agent on the main page search

2- We need a free agent search that does not revert to catcher

Thanks
mk

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Mon May 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Tom,

What I believe MK's issue is is that to search whether a player is a free agent or rostered you have to go into the Free Agent area and wait for the players to load which can take a bit of time depending on your internet and browser.

The other issue is that the search player function only brings up players that are free agents. If a player is rostered or not available as a free agent then the search function terminates.

MK's fix would have the search player function be on the League front page and when entered list if that player is on a team or is in fact a free agent.

One workaround MK is to call up free agents quick or roster grid and do a cntl-F for that player.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue May 25, 2010 2:15 am

Got it. We'll talk to IT and see if we can get this developed.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Crazy Like a Fox

Post by Crazy Like a Fox » Wed May 26, 2010 7:44 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

Got it. We'll talk to IT and see if we can get this developed. Wow. Next time I have an idea for improvement on the website I'll just have Quahogs mention it so it gets done. :confused:
"Hit a home run - put your head down, drop the bat, run around the bases, because the name on the front is more - a lot more important than the name on the back."

Ryne Sandberg (my favorite player of all-time)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed May 26, 2010 9:08 am

Originally posted by Crazy Like a Fox:

quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

Got it. We'll talk to IT and see if we can get this developed. Wow. Next time I have an idea for improvement on the website I'll just have Quahogs mention it so it gets done. :confused: [/QUOTE]I'm also confused because I don't understand what your post is supposed to mean. I'm sorry if I didn't reply directly to your post initially. I was responding to what Ross Mallor said he was asking for and Steve was gracious enough to provide clarification.

As far as your post:

1. I have not encountered that problem. I just logged onto the site and using Firefox I was able to type in the full names for players I was searching for. Is anyone else unable to do that?

2. The system defaults to catchers because that's the first position labeled. If there's another position everyone would prefer let us know and we'll look into changing it if possible. The FA's come up first in terms of percent owned which is something many of our participants told us they wanted.

I'm sorry if you're unhappy with the site and are having a disappointing experience. We believe we have made great strides and it currently has a lot of great functions available, many of which have never been available in the NFBC in the past. But we will continue to make improvements to get as close to perfection as we can.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Money

Post by Money » Wed May 26, 2010 9:30 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

quote:Originally posted by Crazy Like a Fox:

quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

Got it. We'll talk to IT and see if we can get this developed. Wow. Next time I have an idea for improvement on the website I'll just have Quahogs mention it so it gets done. :confused: [/QUOTE]I'm also confused because I don't understand what your post is supposed to mean. I'm sorry if I didn't reply directly to your post initially. I was responding to what Ross Mallor said he was asking for and Steve was gracious enough to provide clarification.

As far as your post:

1. I have not encountered that problem. I just logged onto the site and using Firefox I was able to type in the full names for players I was searching for. Is anyone else unable to do that?

2. The system defaults to catchers because that's the first position labeled. If there's another position everyone would prefer let us know and we'll look into changing it if possible. The FA's come up first in terms of percent owned which is something many of our participants told us they wanted.

I'm sorry if you're unhappy with the site and are having a disappointing experience. We believe we have made great strides and it currently has a lot of great functions available, many of which have never been available in the NFBC in the past. But we will continue to make improvements to get as close to perfection as we can.
[/QUOTE]Tom, I believe the best default would be to Utility which encompasses all hitting positions. That would be the most logical place that the highest percentage of players would start. The only way you look for a C is if you're specifically looking for one. It happens, just not the majority of the time. I hope this helps.
Joe

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed May 26, 2010 11:10 am

The site is still a work in progress to be sure. Having zeroes come up on individual categories the first time they are clicked on annoys me to no end. The live scoring is a must before we get down to the nitty gritty. Are fixes still being done?

I am old...especially in technology years

I have no idea what IT is. It seems to be a place where technical problems are either solved, created, or overlooked.

My pet name for IT is Cousin IT. A character on the Addams Family, he spoke a language that only Morticia and Gomez could understand.

IT, or Cousin IT, could talk to me all day and I wouldn't understand a single word. When in high school, the solution was to stuff these types in a locker. Now, they have the last laugh.

[ May 26, 2010, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: DOUGHBOYS ]
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Wed May 26, 2010 11:30 am

Now that's some funny sh IT !

mallorys killers

Post by mallorys killers » Thu May 27, 2010 1:50 am

Tom I never said anywhere I was dissapointed with the site..All I asked was that when we do a search on the main page that the actual NFBC Fantasy team is listed next to the player or if the player is a Free agent in our league. Very Easy....I search many players every Faab period and it redirects me to the site that shows the players stats etc. It would nice and very quick just to know if the player is available or a team member has the player.
mk

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 27, 2010 2:50 am

Originally posted by mallorys killers:

Tom I never said anywhere I was dissapointed with the site..All I asked was that when we do a search on the main page that the actual NFBC Fantasy team is listed next to the player or if the player is a Free agent in our league. Very Easy....I search many players every Faab period and it redirects me to the site that shows the players stats etc. It would nice and very quick just to know if the player is available or a team member has the player. I think there are definitely ways to improve the Player Search that we haven't done yet. And we know there is that bug that wipes out the player's name after you type in three letters. I wish they could get all of this fixed yesterday, but it's obvious that they haven't been worked on yet. Tom and I continue to make the list and we'll stay in front of IT, so don't stop posting. Hopefully we can get these items improved for you at some point. Sorry for the delays.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius