Ubaldo dropped??

High Octane Baseball

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by High Octane Baseball » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Jimenez just got dropped in my league by the first place team!!

[ June 06, 2010, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: High Octane Baseball ]

The Mighty Men

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by The Mighty Men » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Originally posted by High Octane Baseball:

Jimenez just got dropped in my league by the first place team!! He must have a great strategy!
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

High Octane Baseball

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by High Octane Baseball » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:15 pm

Obviously..he just passed me in the standings

JamesH

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by JamesH » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:20 pm

Probably meant to drop D'Angelo.

High Octane Baseball

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by High Octane Baseball » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:21 pm

Well I know im going all in on him next week!

Greg Ambrosius

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Jimenez just got dropped in my league by the first place team!! Obviously this would be looked into. We'll look at all cuts tonight and first thing tomorrow morning.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

High Octane Baseball

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by High Octane Baseball » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:48 pm

thanks...maybe hes just forcing me to use all my FAAB cash to get him..lol...

Greg Ambrosius

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:49 pm

thanks...maybe hes just forcing me to use all my FAAB cash to get him..lol... In a 12-team league, I don't think Jiminez was meant to be dropped. I sure hope not.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

High Octane Baseball

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by High Octane Baseball » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:43 pm

never know...each owner to their own obviously...

Quack & Willy

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by Quack & Willy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:49 pm

wonder what day this week the owner will recognize the mistake and then ask for a fix...my guess Friday.

E

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by E » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:50 pm

he did give up a few runs recently.......

Money

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by Money » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:51 pm

Wouldn't he just be pulled from the pool? You can't take it back and he can't be available to other teams. Is that not correct?
Joe

Sebadiah23

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:59 pm

If it wasn't an honest mistake, I'll walk to Pittsburgh.
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

They are taking pictures of taking pictures
-Don DeLillo
@Sebadiah23, IG:sebadiah26

Spartacus

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by Spartacus » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:19 am

Originally posted by Fast Money:

Wouldn't he just be pulled from the pool? You can't take it back and he can't be available to other teams. Is that not correct? I believe that this is somewhat discretionary Joe, at least that's how I remember it, and prefer it for that matter. Besides my 5 NFBC teams, I ventured into an alternate baseball reality this year. In that enterprise, a player in my league meant to drop Melky Cabrera and Dropped Miquel instead. No offense to Lyle Overbay, but this team owner can pretty much bend over kiss his season and money goodbye, due to a moment's carelessness or cursor error. My partner and I made our opinion to allow for Miquel's reinstatement known. He wasn't, based on rules/precedent. Fair enough, but we still didn't like the call. Besides being sympathetic towards a fellow competitor who put out a good chunk of change, unless his team finishes dead last in all the offensive categories, his misfortunate will help some teams and hurt others. The decision to not reinstate is a game changer for everyone. Some might say it's no different than losing Kendry for the season (I did in the Main and no I don't want to talk about it :( ), but that's a known risk which we all take going in. Ubaldo is correctable and I believe it will be corrected if he was dropped in error, or he'll probably be removed from the FAAB field if intentional. As I implied earlier I believe a similar circumstance has happened before in the NFBC and the player was reinstated. I applauded at that time as I will if a correction is forthcoming here as well. What I like about the NFBC is that they not only protect the integrity of the game, but Greg and Tom also take the time and risks to sometimes protect us from ourselves :D It's appreciated.
bob

Chest Rockwell

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:36 am

Originally posted by Spartacus:

quote:Originally posted by Fast Money:

Wouldn't he just be pulled from the pool? You can't take it back and he can't be available to other teams. Is that not correct? I believe that this is somewhat discretionary Joe, at least that's how I remember it, and prefer it for that matter. Besides my 5 NFBC teams, I ventured into an alternate baseball reality this year. In that enterprise, a player in my league meant to drop Melky Cabrera and Dropped Miquel instead. No offense to Lyle Overbay, but this team owner can pretty much bend over kiss his season and money goodbye, due to a moment's carelessness or cursor error. My partner and I made our opinion to allow for Miquel's reinstatement known. He wasn't, based on rules/precedent. Fair enough, but we still didn't like the call. Besides being sympathetic towards a fellow competitor who put out a good chunk of change, unless his team finishes dead last in all the offensive categories, his misfortunate will help some teams and hurt others. The decision to not reinstate is a game changer for everyone. Some might say it's no different than losing Kendry for the season (I did in the Main and no I don't want to talk about it :( ), but that's a known risk which we all take going in. Ubaldo is correctable and I believe it will be corrected if he was dropped in error, or he'll probably be removed from the FAAB field if intentional. As I implied earlier I believe a similar circumstance has happened before in the NFBC and the player was reinstated. I applauded at that time as I will if a correction is forthcoming here as well. What I like about the NFBC is that they not only protect the integrity of the game, but Greg and Tom also take the time and risks to sometimes protect us from ourselves :D It's appreciated. [/QUOTE]Well said- I do not know if the system is capable but a 100 dollar FAAB penatly would make some sense and make it sting a bit without ruining a season.

Money

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by Money » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:44 am

Originally posted by Spartacus:

quote:Originally posted by Fast Money:

Wouldn't he just be pulled from the pool? You can't take it back and he can't be available to other teams. Is that not correct? I believe that this is somewhat discretionary Joe, at least that's how I remember it, and prefer it for that matter. Besides my 5 NFBC teams, I ventured into an alternate baseball reality this year. In that enterprise, a player in my league meant to drop Melky Cabrera and Dropped Miquel instead. No offense to Lyle Overbay, but this team owner can pretty much bend over kiss his season and money goodbye, due to a moment's carelessness or cursor error. My partner and I made our opinion to allow for Miquel's reinstatement known. He wasn't, based on rules/precedent. Fair enough, but we still didn't like the call. Besides being sympathetic towards a fellow competitor who put out a good chunk of change, unless his team finishes dead last in all the offensive categories, his misfortunate will help some teams and hurt others. The decision to not reinstate is a game changer for everyone. Some might say it's no different than losing Kendry for the season (I did in the Main and no I don't want to talk about it :( ), but that's a known risk which we all take going in. Ubaldo is correctable and I believe it will be corrected if he was dropped in error, or he'll probably be removed from the FAAB field if intentional. As I implied earlier I believe a similar circumstance has happened before in the NFBC and the player was reinstated. I applauded at that time as I will if a correction is forthcoming here as well. What I like about the NFBC is that they not only protect the integrity of the game, but Greg and Tom also take the time and risks to sometimes protect us from ourselves :D It's appreciated. [/QUOTE]I would certainly agree with that. This is my first year and was unaware of past precedence. The team in question is currently in second place in his league. So if done in error he should be returned. What would happen if it was a marginally good player that was mistakenly dropped? We end up getting back to that "Integrity" word again.

I've been paranoid every Sunday of miss clicking on a name. Certainly everyone agrees that he cannot be made available to others in that league. That's truly a game changer....
Joe

KJ Duke

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:42 am

Good example of why draft round shouldn't matter when deciding whether to pull a player from the FAAB pool.

Right now Jimenez is the most valuable pitcher in the game - even though he was drafted many rounds after Grady - and should not be available for another team to pick-up, whereas Grady should've been.

Cocktails and Dreams

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:40 am

Well said Spartacus. I was in agreement that Cabrera should be allowed back on his team. Common sense needs to be taken into account sometimes. Especially with that less than perfect software over there. Happened several times in football also.

Gekko

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:01 am

Greg,

if ubaldo is put back on this team's roster, can you let everyone know how much extra time this owner got to make a decision on who to drop from his team? i'm assuming you won't let him drop a player who had recent "bad" news come out about him from 8pm yesterday? would that be accurate?

Money

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by Money » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:20 am

Very strange that this isn't settled by now with one game completed and a slew of them to start soon. Leaves one to assume they're letting it ride, a decision on the free agent pool could come later this week. Football issues may be taking priority.
Joe

Frozen Tundra

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by Frozen Tundra » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:20 am

A solution to the problem would be to create a "no drop list" to include the best players of the game, part of which Ubaldo would be right now. I was actually wondering why such list does not exist. The list wouldn't solve the problem completely, but at least address the most important part - mistakenly dropping a star player.
"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions"
-Albert Einstein

High Octane Baseball

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by High Octane Baseball » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:25 am

I checked the guys lineup and he put Lyon in his starting lineup which tells me that he worked on his lineup....which begs the question...

once lyon gets into a game does his stats not count..or like it was previously said..they are letting the transaction ride?

If you pull Ubaldo from the FAAB pool now how does that look really when considering if its a strategic play on the owners part to drain the FAAB pool for the peeps in his league...or whatever reason he had for dropping him...

Not sure how this is going to be handled but todays games already started and still no word...

Gekko

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:34 am

let's see from Greg how this situation works out. if not handled correctly, i can see wiseguys doing the same move beginning next weekend

Money

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by Money » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:37 am

High octane, you really don't think they'll allow him to be available do you? The guy appears to be stuck now, but the only fair thing is to exclude him from the FAAB.

Gekko, your point is well taken but your talk is earily in contrast to your day one this season. I must admit I enjoyed reading your point but you need to excuse yourself from that angle. Just sayin......
Joe

High Octane Baseball

Ubaldo dropped??

Post by High Octane Baseball » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:38 am

honestly i like the fine idea as it penalizes someone for "messing" up while not killing their team.

Now if he wanted to drop the guy..so be it..all if fair in love and war.

But like others..im finding it hard to believe but again the guy jumped me for first yesterday so im very interested in how this is handled and really hope its handled correctly.