Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Edwards Kings

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:38 am

Long enough to know my ranking in my castle...which is sixth behind one wife, two kids, and both cats.

Walter, I will be up there with you in Chicago bringing a little southern sage wisdom into the show. So while you are deciding on which Cubbie left fielder to draft, I will be stealing the big bucks out from under your nose. :rolleyes:

This from a guy who actually drafted Giambi last year....
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Walter Sobczak

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Walter Sobczak » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:42 am

Dear NFBC,

I have been waiting to see our draft order but find that I cant sleep at night because I fear that if I do not get one of the top 3 picks, I will lose the player that all but ensures victory.

My question is this:

If I do not get one of the top 3 spots, who could possibly fill the shoes in place of Gary Varsho?

Please chose from the list below:

Matt Nokes

Joey Meyer

Billy Ripken

Cecil Espy

Mike Harkey

Casey Candale

or

Bob Hamlin

Please help. The lack of sleep has really affected my "Magic the Gathering" ability...
2004-2006/2009 Chicago's Draft Drunk!

"It seemed like the thing to do at the time..."

Terry H

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Terry H » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:42 am

Last year in Las Vegas one of the draft participants gave away a bobble head doll of themselves, this got me to wondering if there are any plans this year or future years of having Tom & Greg bobble head dolls?

Walter Sobczak

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Walter Sobczak » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:47 am

Ed-

A man with 2 cats, truly, is no man.

I do not fear you drafting well. I do fear that I may get seated next to you and be forced to look at a wallet full of pictures that have your cats dressed up in little outfits.

Edwards Kings

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:49 am

If you are real lucky, Pete Rose, Jr. might just fill the bill. Or Joe Charboneau?
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:50 am

I said I was ranked behind them, I didn't say I liked them...but the little sailor outfits are kind of neat!
Charles Krauthammer

Walter Sobczak

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Walter Sobczak » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:59 am

I think we need to implement a "shot clause" into the draft to promote sportsmanship. Before the beginning of every round, we do that many shots. round 1=1shot, round 2=2shots, ect. After round 7 or 8, replace shots with sips of beer.

Edwards Kings

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:01 am

Is it me or are the Colorado Rockies really gonna suck swamp water this year (except Helton)? I mean, they have been bad in the past but they really look "Expansion Team" quality to me.
Charles Krauthammer

TheKing

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by TheKing » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:04 am

Originally posted by Walter Sobczak:

Dear NFBC,

I have been waiting to see our draft order but find that I cant sleep at night because I fear that if I do not get one of the top 3 picks, I will lose the player that all but ensures victory.

My question is this:

If I do not get one of the top 3 spots, who could possibly fill the shoes in place of Gary Varsho?

Please chose from the list below:

Matt Nokes

Joey Meyer

Billy Ripken

Cecil Espy

Mike Harkey

Casey Candale

or

Bob Hamlin

Please help. The lack of sleep has really affected my "Magic the Gathering" ability... None of the above. The correct answer is Juan Samuel.
"When your strategy is deep and far reaching, what you gain by your calculations can allow you to win before you fight."

Gordon Gekko

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:07 am

daa-dunt

Walter Sobczak

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Walter Sobczak » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:13 am

Gordon-

I see in another post that your refernces are from:

The milkman

The water delivery guy

Which turned out to actually be your father? :cool:

Gordon Gekko

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:13 am

daa-dunt

viper

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by viper » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:17 am

Should we be getting IDs/Passwords from MockDraftCentral? (I did get an e-mail from them today but it just touted their site). I finally have reached the point in my list creation to do a mock draft or two but I am not sure what the process is. I used the site for a CS draft kit mock draft but nothing through this NFBC league. Can someone let me know what is involved?

Walter Sobczak

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Walter Sobczak » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:22 am

Not getting a response other than Daa-dunt is NO FUN! I know you pencil pushers have some sort of smack talk ability....I think....

Gordon Gekko

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:24 am

da-dunt

Gordon Gekko

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:29 am

Originally posted by Walter Sobczak:

Not getting a response other than Daa-dunt is NO FUN! I know you pencil pushers have some sort of smack talk ability....I think.... "Chicks want guys with skills" says it all

Bandit

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Bandit » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:29 am

I'm kinda waiting for Gordon to let us know Randy Johnson missed his start today, so its time to drop him 10 slots on your list. :cool:

Gordon Gekko

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:30 am

Originally posted by Bandit:

I'm kinda waiting for Gordon to let us know Randy Johnson missed his start today, so its time to drop him 10 slots on your list. :cool: Randy Johnson has been scratched from his scheduled start on Thursday because of his strained calf.

oh no. don't draft this old windbag. if you do, you just made a $1,250 donation.

nydownunder

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by nydownunder » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:31 am

Originally posted by viper:

Should we be getting IDs/Passwords from MockDraftCentral? (I did get an e-mail from them today but it just touted their site). I finally have reached the point in my list creation to do a mock draft or two but I am not sure what the process is. I used the site for a CS draft kit mock draft but nothing through this NFBC league. Can someone let me know what is involved? You should have received a logon and password from either them or Greg. Once you're in its pretty user friendly, for the most part. Come draft time, you will have some snazzy draft software available throughout the draft. Keep in mind some knucklheads get into these drafts and either take forever or 'take the **** ' out of the process. The site does provide managers rating after every draft(I presume some algorythm that incorporates you actually drafting and not putting it on auto.) Some leagues require a minimum rating to join.

Hope this helps!
Wagga Wagga Dingoes (NY#4)
Luck is where preparation meets opportunity!

nydownunder

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by nydownunder » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:33 am

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

Is it me or are the Colorado Rockies really gonna suck swamp water this year (except Helton)? I mean, they have been bad in the past but they really look "Expansion Team" quality to me. I 100% agree...wouldn't go anywhere near them. ;)
Wagga Wagga Dingoes (NY#4)
Luck is where preparation meets opportunity!

Greg Ambrosius

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:44 am

Originally posted by Terry Haney:

Last year in Las Vegas one of the draft participants gave away a bobble head doll of themselves, this got me to wondering if there are any plans this year or future years of having Tom & Greg bobble head dolls? No bobbleheads of Tom or me, although we have the round bodies to go with them. :D I do know that last year when we were losing money on this crazy idea of mine, my head was bobbing every which way. Today it's on a little tighter. :D
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

viper

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by viper » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:51 am

Greg - what about mockdraftcentral?

viper

Tuesday Chat Has Begun

Post by viper » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:54 am

think I got in .. thanks out there