ALLACC82

Getting To Know You, Topic #2

Post by ALLACC82 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:42 pm

Scott Tilley

ALLACC82

Post by ALLACC82 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:46 pm

Let's try this again...........

Scott Tilley 44 Operates 8 Grocery Stores Augusta, Ga. (home)

Bandit

Post by Bandit » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:04 pm

Hell yes Bandit...I missed this post earier.

Building bridges...you'd know that smell much better than I...but I can't complain myself...I'd like to smell it 2-3 times a day all summer long...and have a relaxing winter vacation!

Its been a long time since Winter was really considered a time off. But it was 10 years ago, it's a whole different work place now.

I must admit, I like pile driving that much more then pouring concrete, although a good bridge deck pour is bliss.

What may be noise to most folks, everytime I hear the hammer drop I say to myself, $25, $50, $75 ... and if its a lump sum job, the sound of silence is purty, unit price job, keep that hammer running!

We rent all our pumps operated, just guessing but I'de speculate over the year we have one on our jobs twice a week. We seem to either go small 28 meter or large 42 meter. I often wonder if there is something to read into that.

Evil Empire

Post by Evil Empire » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:04 pm

Forget Napalm in the Morning I think some would agree there's nothing like the smell of conrete in the morning. I can relate to that too. I spent 5 years as a union shop steward / mason tender (Local 66)before becoming an accountant. I am from Long Island and I am 32 years old. The name is G.C.

mdz129

Post by mdz129 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:26 am

occupation stockbroker

home centerville, ma ( cape cod)

happily divorced as of 3/3/2005 my ex wife is president of the organization WAR ( wives against rotissorie)

looking forward to the drafts.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:50 am

Originally posted by mdz129:

occupation stockbroker

home centerville, ma ( cape cod)

happily divorced as of 3/3/2005 my ex wife is president of the organization WAR ( wives against rotissorie)

looking forward to the drafts. LOL ... WAR ;)
Just Some Guy

JAR

Post by JAR » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:44 am

Computer Programmer/Insomniac/Fantasy Sports Junkie

Mankato, Minnesota

Started playing way back in 95 when Tom Goodwin was a top pick because of his gaudy SB #'s . Participated in the WCOFB in 2003 and stunk it up finishing DEAD last in my league. Don't discount my fantasy prowess though, as I won 5 of the other 7 leagues I was in that year I tend to make a LOT of risky picks so you'll generally see me at the very top or the very bottom of any particular league. This year.. it will definately be the top. Especially if GG is in my league.

FresnoFanatics

Post by FresnoFanatics » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:06 am

Originally posted by Pezmanjr:

FresnoFanatics- No USC fan here...Go Dogs! FSU 79-84. With you all the way vs SoCal!

In keeping in line with this thread:

Gary Cowham

Sales Management

Libery, NC (we do have 3 traffic lights)

Grew up 60 miles from the House that Ruth Built..Go NYY! Gary FSU 82-85 so we most likely passed each other in the quad. Were u at the Freedom Bowl the last time (until Basketball this year) we slapped the brats at USC? I was there in the rain watching us dismantle them, was there for the basketball game this year as well. Went to SC Notre Dame game year before last and had to listen to all the SC die hards saying the Freedom Bowl was a fluke and they would never again play Fresno because it was a no win situation for them.....guess they were wrong. Wonder what they will say this year when I see them again for the SC Notre Dame game....LMAO.

Gary where are u drafting? We are in Vegas.
Mark

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:16 am

Originally posted by JAR:

Computer Programmer/Insomniac/Fantasy Sports Junkie

Mankato, Minnesota

Started playing way back in 95 when Tom Goodwin was a top pick because of his gaudy SB #'s . Participated in the WCOFB in 2003 and stunk it up finishing DEAD last in my league. Don't discount my fantasy prowess though, as I won 5 of the other 7 leagues I was in that year I tend to make a LOT of risky picks so you'll generally see me at the very top or the very bottom of any particular league. This year.. it will definately be the top. Especially if GG is in my league. Wow...small world JAR!

I've got a few relatives sprinkled throughout the Mankato, MN area. I was actually the first Turbes born in California...I believe my cousin Randy and his parents Paul and Audry still live in the area. Don't the Vikings train there as well? Good Luck!

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:28 am

Just got back from JAMAICA man. Took the wife and two little ones 9 and 11. No computer for 7 days and only cricket and soccer scores, on the tube. EDDIE GILLIS last year's NEW YORK auction champ, and finished 2nd to ARTIE IN the mix leagues.Number 30 overall. Im a painting contractor , have about 8 guys working for me. I cant believe nobody is signing up in new york auction 1250.00 . It looks like i wont be able to defend the title. Anybody on the fence jump in. Right now theirs four. BAD [ass] ANGELS
EDWARD J GILLIS

fandango

Post by fandango » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:04 pm

Originally posted by eddiejag:

Just got back from JAMAICA man. Took the wife and two little ones 9 and 11. No computer for 7 days and only cricket and soccer scores, on the tube. EDDIE GILLIS last year's NEW YORK auction champ, and finished 2nd to ARTIE IN the mix leagues.Number 30 overall. Im a painting contractor , have about 8 guys working for me. I cant believe nobody is signing up in new york auction 1250.00 . It looks like i wont be able to defend the title. Anybody on the fence jump in. Right now theirs four. BAD [ass] ANGELS Eddie, please sign up for the NY MIXED AUCTION league...plenty of room...when people see the DEFENDING CHAMPS name on the list, it is sure to fill up!

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:55 pm

Sorry Fagdango i only do events 1,2500.00 or more.Maybe you could find a partner , and share a team and get in the 1,250.00 new york auction. That way you can play with the DEFENDING CHAMP. THE BAD[ass[ ANGELS
EDWARD J GILLIS

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:11 pm

EDWARD J GILLIS a legend in his own mind.

fandango

Post by fandango » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:45 pm

Originally posted by eddiejag:

Sorry Fagdango i only do events 1,2500.00 or more.Maybe you could find a partner , and share a team and get in the 1,250.00 new york auction. That way you can play with the DEFENDING CHAMP. THE BAD[ass[ ANGELS eddie, if i thought the 1250 league had a better chance to fill than the 650 league, i would do that..i just would like a mixed league...

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:24 pm

The topic was , getting to know you. I was just sharing like everybody else. Having a very good first year is part of getting to know me.Just like yourself who lets us know about your 13 and 1 football season. Sorry i got a little testy , shouldnt have come back like that. Now about a legend in my own mind, yes i would like to believe that . In the fantasy sports world that is. I would think most players at this level think their better than the next guy. Actually if we dont get enough for the 1,250.00 , you will see myself in one of 650.00 leagues. I Still cant believe theirs not enough interest in this event. WALLA WALLA Im also from R.I. well good luck guys cant wait to get it on.
EDWARD J GILLIS

rising stars

Post by rising stars » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:30 am

Jim Bores

Flemington, NJ

Boxing Promoter

To all the money managers/fund managers

I'd be interested in having a discussion with

you in some capital to become a major player in boxing. I am very close to signing some of the best young amateurs in the country.....more info at a later time....and have several ways to make money from this.....if interested please feel free to talk with me in NY over draft weekend between events.

Good Luck to all in both the main event and the Ultimate event....

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:11 am

Boxing needs help badly...

I feel it's a dying sport due to so much past corruption.

Mixed martial arts...like the UFC and Pride are on the rise...and I don't see boxing going anywhere. I'm ignorant on the specifics...just my opinion.

~Lance

~Albert Einstein

rising stars

Post by rising stars » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:05 am

To the contrary

Boxing is on the rise

#1 Million Dollar Baby

#2 The Contender ....which I know who goes to final....inside info....and it WILL BE A HUGE HIT...people will see these are regular guys...regular lives....and it will spur a rebirth in the sport

As for the corruption in the sport....there was in the early part of the century....the mid part of the century....and to some degree now....however, that being said....the old heads in the business are being phased out....Bob Arum...and "dandy" Don King....as they are nearing their mid-seventies...and this is the perfect time to "buy-low" if you will into the business.....the return on investment in this game is staggering if done properly.....and there are few true businessmen in the game, which I found shocking.....it doesn't take an enormous amount of money to be a major player....take football for example ....$500 million maybe to get an nfl team

hockey who cares...hoops...ditto unless it was college hoops....

soccer...who cares

boxing you can travel the world.....and get the write-offs....and have top prospects/contenders for minimal cost basis.....all you need to do is hit with two or three guys and presto....HBO/SHOTIME are knocking down your door.....

again let me know if you have any interest in pursuing this discussion......jim bores

rising stars

Post by rising stars » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:08 am

SHOWTIME....sorry about the spelling

Anyway, the prospects are out there, and I will be very active over next year signing a couple of veterans, as well as a few promotional deals with sports marketers.....like I stated originally there are a few ways to make money in this....

jb

rising stars

Post by rising stars » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:40 am

anyone watch the contender last night?

i thought it was very good

anyone else?

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:54 pm

I missed it, but according to two different people I talked with today...it was a great show. Your proposal sounds interesting, and you actually come across as honest. I'll be in Vegas, but Good Luck in NY!

~Lance

~Albert Einstein

Patsy Dean

Post by Patsy Dean » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:14 pm

Patsy Dean

age 33

Paint Contractor

Wisconsin

rising stars

Post by rising stars » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:03 am

sportsbettingman,

Just signed two guys from US Olympic Trials

both with outstanding amateur credentials aside

from qualifying for the trials.

Announcement will be made on fightnews.com

(leading authority on all things boxing on the internet) in about 10-14 days.....more capital means another 5-6 very strong prospects and a couple of fringe contender veterans.....who are always in demand.....

good luck in vegas, and maybe we'll talk at a later date

jim bores

they are re-running 1st episode friday night

and episode #2 of the contender in thursday night, episode #3 is sunday....and every sunday from then on....with re-runs on cnbc I believe....

Thanks for compliment about me being honest....I'd like to think so....I have horse-sense which I think have served me well in a business where few have business smarts.....and I've been fortunate enough to meet and befriend a handful of trusted people that I can really trust....I love it, and know this is what I want to do in life....and help some who are very disadvantaged in life with talent, actually make a real life for themselves....help them help themselves is really a powerful thing....the rest is up to them....

anyway

my best to all and have fun in one of the two best weekends of the year

football draft being the other

rising stars

Post by rising stars » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:06 am

actually just noticed you are from california

one guy is from midwest, the other is from california.....ironic eh?

devilznj

Post by devilznj » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:02 pm

The Contender a Huge hit???

It's already down for the count. Smoked by American Idol (15.3 Million viewers), 24 (8.8 million) and CBS' Two and a Half Men (12.5 million).

A feeble 5 million for the super hyped show. NBC can rerun it all it wants but this Million Dollar Baby has a glass jaw.

Too many people know what the sport of boxing is all about - and want nothing to do with it. The Mike Tysons and Don Kings of the world made the American public say "no thank you" - we'll spend our hard earned money elsewhere. Crooked promoters, boxers known more for raping women and biting off ears....... not to mention the judges.

The Mom's out there want their kids watching clean cut teenagers in a singing contest. Not two guys pounding the living hell out of each other.

Wouldn't be surprised if this thing finished up on some obscure cable channel.
Happy Recap