Urgent! Last Chance For Honesty and Common sense to prevail!!!

team z

Post by team z » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 am

I tried to handle this obvious act of collusion as a private matter but now I have no choice but to bring it to the forum.

Tom and Greg you have one last chance before games start today to correct an obvious mistake on your part.

Please remove Marlon Byrd from the team that won his bid and remove him from the player pool of the Live Double Play - Atlantic City March 20 7 league.

[ June 28, 2010, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: the untouchables ]
A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms. Enthusiasms, enthusiasms... What are mine? What draws my admiration? What is that which gives me joy? Baseball! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NRIpmO6FWk

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:06 am

This is a complete joke. There were at least 6 teams that could have bid higher than $157. The team that dropped Byrd has a long history of playing in the NFBC. He is a very good player. By looking at his team, he has 6 good outfielders in his lineup. You may argue Byrd is better than a couple, but it's only matter of opinion.

He dropped the player because he needed to clear a roster spot for another position. The team in first won the player, but there were teams in the league that had money to block if they chose too.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:11 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:

This is a complete joke. There were at least 6 teams that could have bid higher than $157. The team that dropped Byrd has a long history of playing in the NFBC. He is a very good player. By looking at his team, he has 6 good outfielders in his lineup. You may argue Byrd is better than a couple, but it's only matter of opinion.

He dropped the player because he needed to clear a roster spot for another position. The team in first won the player, but there were teams in the league that had money to block if they chose too. Agreed. I'll let Greg respond with more detail if he chooses but we have addressed this matter via email. We looked into this and do not consider this to be an act of collusion for a number of reasons, not the least of which the owner in question is, as Shawn said, one of the most respected members in our event. Secondly, we do not consider Marlon Byrd to be someone who should be removed from a free-agent pool.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:33 am

Originally posted by the untouchables:

I tried to handle this obvious act of collusion as a private matter but now I have no choice but to bring it to the forum.

Tom and Greg you have one last chance before games start today to correct an obvious mistake on your part.

Please remove Marlon Byrd from the team that won his bid and remove him from the player pool of the Live Double Play - Atlantic City March 20 7 league. We can't pull out every player who is having a good year and is cut out of these 12-team leagues or we'll be making multiple pulls every week. We allow owners to manage their teams as they see fit, but if a very, very top star is cut we then do jump in.

In this case, which you brought to our attention during the week, the owner is currently starting six outfielders already and has Troy Tulowitzki, Brian Roberts and another pitcher on DL. He couldn't afford to keep a seventh outfielder on his roster and continue to compete in different categories. He picked up a few pitchers instead of keeping a seventh outfielder, which we certainly have no problem with.

Marlon Byrd is having a good year; this owner feels he has six outfielders who will finish the season better. It's not a cut that we need to go in and reverse nor is Byrd a player we feel we should remove from this league. If we start here, there are tons of other cut players we'd have to remove. Instead, we let the players decide the fate of these leagues.

There's nothing dishonest going on here and common sense says we leave Byrd in this league's free agent pool. Good luck to you and everyone else in this league.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

ESPN8 THE OCHO

Post by ESPN8 THE OCHO » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:55 am

As we all know there have been serious discussions about issues during the year. I have been out on the front for a couple of them. For issues good and bad I will voice my opinion. In my opinion, and in all fairness this is a non issue. Marlon Byrd is not an elite player. It seems other teams could have outbid the winner. The owner had a roster problem where he had to cut a productive player because of injury.

The Yellowbird is nothing if he is not fair. This situation is a non issue.

overyourshoulder

Post by overyourshoulder » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:01 am

He dropped the player because he needed to clear a roster spot for another position. The team in first won the player, but there were teams in the league that had money to block if they chose too. I thought that "blocking" was frowned upon here in the NFBC, wasn't that a big discussion topic last year?

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:50 am

Originally posted by overyourshoulder:

quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:

He dropped the player because he needed to clear a roster spot for another position. The team in first won the player, but there were teams in the league that had money to block if they chose too. I thought that "blocking" was frowned upon here in the NFBC, wasn't that a big discussion topic last year?
[/QUOTE]I think we are talking about two different subjects. A guy bailing on his team mid Summer and then resufacing last September to Cock Block Gekko is a not the same as what has happened here.

[ June 28, 2010, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]

Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:20 am

Why wasn't Bryd pulled if Sizemore was? Makes ZERO sense. Sizemore hasn't done anything in two years, Bryd has shown he can be a dependable if not good player this year. Bryd is far superior to Sizemore so I guess I don't get it all!

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:56 am

Byrd is having a good year so far. However, he doesn't have a great track record.

Never had over 20hr in a season. Never had over 89rbi in a season. Never had over 11sb in a season.

And you are forgetting the biggest point, you are talking about a 12 team league here. While Byrd is having a good year so far, I can find players on the waiver wire each and every week that can duplicate or come close to the production Byrd should get the rest of the season.

I'd probably bid around $5 - $15 if he was available in my league.

[ June 28, 2010, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Gekko ]

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:32 am

Please remove Marlon Byrd from the team that won his bid and remove him from the player pool of the Live Double Play - Atlantic City March 20 7 league. What a stupid post..

team z

Post by team z » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:44 pm

I painted the exact scenario for Greg and Tom on Thursday. I still have the email. I called who was cut and why. I called who would pick him up and why. I nailed every move before it happened. WHY? Because I have been a commissioner of more Fantasy leagues than I care to remember. WHY? Because I don't worry about my personal feelings concerning the reputation of members and how much money they spend. I have seen this pulled time and time again. Greg and Tom continue to show their favoritism toward certain members and complete ineptitude at the job of commissioner. I hope your cut is worth it.
A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms. Enthusiasms, enthusiasms... What are mine? What draws my admiration? What is that which gives me joy? Baseball! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NRIpmO6FWk

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:10 pm

I painted the exact scenario for Greg and Tom on Thursday. I still have the email. I called who was cut and why. I called who would pick him up and why. I nailed every move before it happened. WHY? Because I have been a commissioner of more Fantasy leagues than I care to remember. WHY? Because I don't worry about my personal feelings concerning the reputation of members and how much money they spend. I have seen this pulled time and time again. Greg and Tom continue to show their favoritism toward certain members and complete ineptitude at the job of commissioner. I hope your cut is worth it. untouchables - byrd isn't anything special in a 12 team league. there have ceratinly been better players than byrd dropped.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:24 pm

I painted the exact scenario for Greg and Tom on Thursday. I still have the email. I called who was cut and why. I called who would pick him up and why. I nailed every move before it happened. WHY? Because I have been a commissioner of more Fantasy leagues than I care to remember. WHY? Because I don't worry about my personal feelings concerning the reputation of members and how much money they spend. I have seen this pulled time and time again. Greg and Tom continue to show their favoritism toward certain members and complete ineptitude at the job of commissioner. I hope your cut is worth it. www.sportsjudge.com

team z

Post by team z » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:10 pm

Originally posted by Gekko:

quote:Originally posted by the untouchables:

I painted the exact scenario for Greg and Tom on Thursday. I still have the email. I called who was cut and why. I called who would pick him up and why. I nailed every move before it happened. WHY? Because I have been a commissioner of more Fantasy leagues than I care to remember. WHY? Because I don't worry about my personal feelings concerning the reputation of members and how much money they spend. I have seen this pulled time and time again. Greg and Tom continue to show their favoritism toward certain members and complete ineptitude at the job of commissioner. I hope your cut is worth it. untouchables - byrd isn't anything special in a 12 team league. there have ceratinly been better players than byrd dropped. [/QUOTE]Nothing could make me feel more justified than you coming to the defense. Maybe better players but certainly in my league not better performing players. I would call Byrd a 5 category player. And just in case some of you don't understand it's players like Byrd that this sort of thing is attempted with. I'm sure even Greg and Tom would notice someone trying to slip a Lincecum or Arod by. Well at least I'd like to think that. All I can hope for is that bringing this dirty move out in the light will stop any further attempts at collusion in my league.

[ June 28, 2010, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: the untouchables ]

team z

Post by team z » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:17 pm

He dropped the player because he needed to clear a roster spot for another position. The team in first won the player, but there were teams in the league that had money to block if they chose too. Just because he dropped him does not mean he has to be added to the player pool. That's where the mistake was made. I guess the "Sharks" spent 157 dollars on a player they thought "might" have some value. (That's sarcasm)

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Nothing could make me feel more justified than you coming to the defense. Maybe better players but certainly in my league not better performing players. I would call Byrd a 5 category player. And just in case some of you don't understand it's players like Byrd that this sort of thing is attempted with. I'm sure even Greg and Tom would notice someone trying to slip a Lincecum or Arod by. Well at least I'd like to think that. All I can hope for is that bringing this dirty move out in the light will stop any further attempts at collusion in my league. haha!!! i just looked. i'm in this league too!!!

my bid on byrd...ZERO :D

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:21 pm

also, why didn't you complain when these players were dropped and then picked up...

Troy Glaus

Scott Rolen

Miguel Montero

Jose Bautista

team z

Post by team z » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

We can't pull out every player who is having a good year and is cut out of these 12-team leagues or we'll be making multiple pulls every week. [/QB]Gosh sorry guys. What was I thinking. All that having to pay attention to what's going on and all that pointing and clicking. (more sarcasm)

team z

Post by team z » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:30 pm

also, why didn't you complain when these players were dropped and then picked up...

Troy Glaus

Scott Rolen

Miguel Montero

Jose Bautista Going to bed now. I'll be glad to field that one tomorrow. Of course each is very obvious.

anpyanks

Post by anpyanks » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:40 pm

is this really a serious thread? marlon byrd in a 12 team league that a guy has 6 or 7 other of options and you are making a big deal out of this. look at what gekko wrote about his highest season totals in the categories for byrd and move on because your making an a-- out of yourself.

Money

Post by Money » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:37 pm

Come on, can't we all just get along? The guy makes some very good points and Gekko riding to the rescue (of the NFBC) is entertaining. He's obviously wrong abut Byrd but who knows the dynamics of that particular league. He's paranoid about something and possibly with good reason. With a lot of money at stake it's pretty easy to look at the "Good old boys club" scenario.

Cut the guy some slack.
Joe

Money

Post by Money » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:39 pm

Originally posted by Fast Money:

Come on, can't we all just get along? The guy makes some very good points and Gekko riding to the rescue (of the NFBC) is entertaining. He's obviously wrong abut Byrd but who knows the dynamics of that particular league. He's paranoid about something and possibly with good reason. With a lot of money at stake it's pretty easy to look at the "Good old boys club" scenario.

Cut the guy some slack. By the way my best team is 1 for 21 tonight with a 6.26 ERA and 1.4464 Whip, no wins no saves. Can't get much worse....
Joe

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Originally posted by Fast Money:

quote:Originally posted by Fast Money:

Cut the guy some slack. By the way my best team is 1 for 21 tonight with a 6.26 ERA and 1.4464 Whip, no wins no saves. Can't get much worse....
[/QUOTE]Injuries? :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:17 pm

I'll be glad to field that one tomorrow. why bother? as far as i can tell the ruling was correct and won't change.

byrd was a hump coming into the season. ya, he's having a good year so far, but when you've put in 8 years and you are still being drafted in the 20th something round, you're a hump.

in the last 5 years (including THREE in hitter friendly Texas), Bryd's season highs are:

runs: 70 (2 years ago)

hr: 20 (last year)

rbi: 89 (last year)

sb: 8 (last year)

avg: .311 (this year)

again, nice year so far, but in a 12 team league, zero chance he gets pulled. i understand you may be sore about another team acquiring him this week, however, i'd suggest leting it go. we ARE talking about marlon byrd here :D

team z

Post by team z » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:36 am

again, nice year so far, [/QB]I do believe all we are playing for is this year. I wonder how many Grady Sizemore owners would take the season Byrd's having?

And beings you have two catchers having uncommonly "nice years" maybe you wouldn't mind throwing Olivo out for bid next week.