Another Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Cooperstown

Post by Cooperstown » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:14 am

For anyone looking to save a few travel bucks, Chicago is the way to go. I see round trip air from most major cities under $200. My r.t. ticket from Houston was $174. Keep Chicago!

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:27 am

Gekko,

It's interesting that you razz everyone for not being prepared, when everyone knows you spent all winter working on football. How long did you spend actually preparing to be ready that early--2 weeks? Furthermore, values tend to change at this time of year; maybe you ought to revisit some of your crusty old data. Just some advice.

[ March 02, 2005, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: bjoak ]
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Top Dawg

Post by Top Dawg » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:52 am

Greg - I guess NYC is "locked in" but boy, I can't help but think Atlantic City would have been a little better. Those of us drafting are the types that like to gamble too.

It's also a little closer to my home in Monmouth County NJ :D

Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:59 pm

Originally posted by bjoak:

Gekko,

It's interesting that you razz everyone for not being prepared, when everyone knows you spent all winter working on football. How long did you spend actually preparing to be ready that early--2 weeks? Furthermore, values tend to change at this time of year; maybe you ought to revisit some of your crusty old data. Just some advice. i will be 8x more prepared than you, and most likely 2x more prepared than the next best owner. is that good enough?

[ March 02, 2005, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:00 pm

Originally posted by LB Big Richards:

You coming to Vegas? i'm thinking about chicago. a lot of sheep there

Plymouth

Post by Plymouth » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:24 pm

Come on down to Chicago Gordon, we can use the entertainment and what better place for a blow hard like you then the windy city? Look forward to meeting you, but I am confident that you won't make an appearance in Chicago for this event.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:33 pm

Gekko,

Furthermore, values tend to change at this time of year; maybe you ought to revisit some of your crusty old data. Just some advice. how much $ did you win last year in fantasy sports? thanks.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:34 pm

Originally posted by Plymouth:

Come on down to Chicago Gordon, we can use the entertainment and what better place for a blow hard like you then the windy city? Look forward to meeting you, but I am confident that you won't make an appearance in Chicago for this event. if i wanted to, i could rock chicago's world. it's almost like you are daring me to go there.

[ March 02, 2005, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:38 pm

to be honest, as well as not to disappoint my NY peeps, my money is still on being in NY. I know some of you want autographs and the such…i'd say it's 95% NY, 5% other.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:41 pm

i might bring a few pics of me as well. hope you enjoy!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:10 pm

Originally posted by Top Dawg:

Greg - I guess NYC is "locked in" but boy, I can't help but think Atlantic City would have been a little better. Those of us drafting are the types that like to gamble too.

It's also a little closer to my home in Monmouth County NJ :D

Pete I worked at the National Sports Collector's Convention in Atlantic City in the summer of 2003 and it was a horrendous show. Obviously, the summer is different than March, but everyone from every city had an excuse for not going there. I have nothing good to say about the place and I doubt I'll ever consider Atlantic City over New York City. I understand the complaints about downtown New York, but we'll see. We're going to get 105 for baseball this year, so we can't be doing all bad.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:52 pm

i will be 8x more prepared than you, and most likely 2x more prepared than the next best owner. is that good enough? That would be a neat trick, considering...btw, no one cares that you won a fantasy competition that has something to do with a ball not shaped anything like a ball. Maybe the other people who played that game do, but then, they've probably got too many things on their plate much like you. Anyway, if you're wondering whether you can destroy me in fantasy football, I have no doubt that you can (not considering, of course, the little problem with sample size in football, which you probably don't understand since you set down $1250 or whatever on it). Unfortunately, you're playing baseball now which as far as I know you've won $0 on so you can stop bragging. Thanks.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

altenstadt

Post by altenstadt » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:04 am

Morning Gordo. You are right about those pictures, we might need them in case the TP roll gets low. Those Chicago folks have it right, you don't have the gonads to compete there.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:38 am

Originally posted by altenstadt:

Morning Gordo. You are right about those pictures, we might need them in case the TP roll gets low. Those Chicago folks have it right, you don't have the gonads to compete there. Originally posted by altenstadt:

Gekko is just toying with you, ignore him and he will go away! ha!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:40 am

Originally posted by altenstadt:

Those Chicago folks have it right, you don't have the gonads to compete there. if you can get three people who are signed up for the main event in chicago to say that they want me to draft there, i'd seriously consider going there. i won't be able to get there till saturday so the mixed auction would be moot. :(

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:41 am

you're playing baseball now which as far as I know you've won $0 on so you can stop bragging. Thanks. i'm the best. thanks.

Plymouth

Post by Plymouth » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:00 pm

Come on Gordon, come on down to Chicago, we would welcome your highness there. That makes one vote. There must be others looking for a laugh.......