Draft Software Feedback

DOUGHBOYS

Draft Software Feedback

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:35 am

With the new 'chat box' we can see who is on. It is not very convenient to have another window to show us. And more visually pleasing going into the draft room and seeing who is there.

A light up of green of each team would be better. Beggers can't be choosers.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Hard Heads

Draft Software Feedback

Post by Hard Heads » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Just curious, who tested the software before it was debuted for the slow drafts?
Hard Heads

DOUGHBOYS

Draft Software Feedback

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:30 am

There has been a problem for some folks getting e-mail notifications.

In our league, players with Yahoo e-mail are only getting sporadic notifications.

Is this the case with other leagues?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Asumijet

Draft Software Feedback

Post by Asumijet » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

In our league, players with Yahoo e-mail are only getting sporadic notifications.

Is this the case with other leagues? happened in mine as well. But all seems to be fixed???
Neal Moses

Asumijet

Draft Software Feedback

Post by Asumijet » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Originally posted by Asumijet:

Is there a way to download the draft results thus far? I tried to copy and paste the summary to no avail. Any answer to this?

[ December 20, 2010, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Asumijet ]
Neal Moses

Cornhusker

Draft Software Feedback

Post by Cornhusker » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Still getting sporadic email updates on yahoo. Many of the emails arrive up to 12 hours after the picks have been made.

Is there any way to opt out of the email notifications? If they are going to be untimely I would prefer to not get them at all.

BEF

Draft Software Feedback

Post by BEF » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:34 am

Greg/Tom/Geoff, you need to decide how Chat is going to be handled. Right now there seem to be two major differences between the Live Chat area on the main screen and the Chat Popout screen:

1) Live Chat is where you can actually enter your comments (can't be done in Popout).

2) Chat Popout shows (via the green light) who is online (can't be done in Live).

It'd be great if you could make a layout/design decision and just combine these two functions and come up with one Chat area. Doesn't matter to me if I have to click once to open a popup screen, but it's kind of ridiculous to have this duplicate effort without either one doing everything they need to do.

Just my $.02
"There is but one game and that game is baseball." – John McGraw

Greg Ambrosius

Draft Software Feedback

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:42 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Is this the case with other leagues? This should be solved now. We found a bug that was preventing some email sends today and had affected some other emails going out before. That shouldn't be a problem going forward again. Good luck all and thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

JohnP

Draft Software Feedback

Post by JohnP » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:10 am

I am participating in my first slow draft and have some comments on the draft software:

- I love the draft board. The ability to see the grid view with the various colors is nice.

- Having the draft room hosted right on the fanball site is nice I guess.

- The toggle between player search and draft summary is nice.

- Position eligibility is something that I felt like MDC struggled with. Nice to have the eligibility set in the draft room according to the rules of the game (assuming that they are correct). Still some kinks to work out - Nishioka is still listed twice.

Some suggestions for improvements (many have been mentioned already):

- Simpler / better way to see which owners are on (small green light almost impossible to see).

- Auto Draft - no way to tell if another owner is on auto draft.

- Auto Draft - no way to go on Auto for one pick only.

- Auto Draft - not even sure that it works correctly? The auto draft button appears in the player profile box so if you hit auto draft are you auto drafting that player or are you auto drafting your entire queue in order listed? Right now I have A-Rod up on my player profile but Utley first in my queue. If I click auto-draft on A-rod will I get A-rod or will i get Utley?

- Mobile Notification - nice feature, maybe option of notification for when it is your pick?

- Time stamp is now an available option when you select such in the chat pop-out box.

- Chat Pop-Up box - would be nice to be able to submit chat here (can only see chat, have to go back to small box to enter chat).

- Smart Phone App

- Screen - would be nice to see full screen instead of scrolling down (maybe eliminate the NFBC header stuff?)

- Clock - I think we have all been in draft rooms that have "froze" and without the seconds clock it seems as if you are in a frozen room. Maybe just have the ":" between the hours and the minutes blink.

- Draft Queue - needs to be bigger, can only see 6 players. Would be nice to have the ability to drag windows, etc. or just make it bigger.

Greg / Tom / Geoff - I think many of these requests have been mentioned previously and seem reasonable. Any idea which of these will be implemented and when?

Thanks.