Official Statement From Liberty Media

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Was there a pony in that picture?
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

lschechter

Post by lschechter » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:30 am

Dobs -- I'm sure Greg has been talking to attorneys, and probably Liberty Media, about the non-compete issues. I imagine he'll know something pretty soon.

I agree with you that the non-compete should become void at some point. The question is when. Fanball says they're in business till 6/30, so it's possible the clause remains in effect until then.

On the other hand, if LM is getting out of the business, why not let Greg out now? or let him buy the name and rights real cheap?

lschechter

Post by lschechter » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:31 am

Where do I order one of those ponies?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:20 am

All I can say right now is don't give up on the NFBC just yet. Don't give up on me or Tom yet, either. I believe everyone involved is doing the due diligence needed at this time and hopefully an answer can be found here. Please give us a little more time. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:09 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

All I can say right now is don't give up on the NFBC just yet. Don't give up on me or Tom yet, either. I believe everyone involved is doing the due diligence needed at this time and hopefully an answer can be found here. Please give us a little more time. Thanks. Many Bothans died to bring us this information.

Admiral Ackbar: We have no choice, General Kessenich! Our cruisers can't repel firepower of that magnitude!

General Kessenich: Greg will have that shield down. We've got to give him more time!

[ January 15, 2011, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Sebadiah23 ]
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

They are taking pictures of taking pictures
-Don DeLillo
@Sebadiah23, IG:sebadiah26

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:15 am

Yoda spoke of another? Clones?

[ January 15, 2011, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Sebadiah23 ]
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

They are taking pictures of taking pictures
-Don DeLillo
@Sebadiah23, IG:sebadiah26

DrDobs

Post by DrDobs » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:40 pm

Not possible to give up on Greg or Tom... Great guys no doubt and I think that's why this needs to carry on somehow someway... I'll stay tuned.. Hopefully this is one of those things you look back on and say "Glad it went down that way, we're much better off now"

Jon

TOXIC ASSETS

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:57 pm

This ? was posted by a member on the FFFC website and I thought I would post it along with my response right here. Yes, I am angry about what has happened.

Why would Liberty Media/Fanball make an acquisition like the NFFC and Fantasy Sports Magazine, etc., and then close them all down within a year? Doesn't make sense. Or is this a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand was doing? I'm confused...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daren that is the real question in this entire debacle. The entire thing makes no sense and the only thing I can think of is that they (Liberty) took a profitable product previously run by small business (Greg) and ran it into the ground with high expenses (read: website, programming, and "executive salaries"). Corporate America strikes again!

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:07 am

Originally posted by DrDobs:

#3 - There is not a lot of startup capital needed.. We live in a digital age.. A couple grand to setup a company, start taking payments, this thing is self funded.. The only caveot would be getting a stat service on board. Hell they could probably hire a programmer for a few thousand a month to customise www.myfantasyleague.com which is an open source stat service - fully customizable and pretty damn decent..

Come on guys.. this isn't that difficult... should I start it up?

Jon I think we can all agree that the biggest assets that Liberty has in regards to the NFBC/NFFC are Greg & Tom and the customer base that would follow them anywhere. All the rest of it, the name, the backend, the contracts with live sites, even the format are all bells & whistles. They're worthless without the customer base and they don't have the customer base without Greg & Tom.

I could buy the rest of it (well, not really ), but who would play in a contest I was running? That's why I believe this will work out. Why would Liberty hold onto assets that are worthless if not utilized? They are a business after all. They will either keep it going or more likely work out something with Greg & Tom to get whatever they can for it.

If not, Greg & Tom could run this thing online or at less expensive live sites with a basic back end like CBS for 2011 and build it back up to where it was starting in 2012.

That's why I'm so confident we'll be hearing good news shortly, the only question is how soon.

Glenn

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:06 am

The world is PERFECT again!!! :D

No, I don't have news about the NFBC in 2011, but I do have an incredible, impressive, improbable Packers' win to ENJOY!! :D The Packers are in the NFC Championship Game!!! Unbelievable. Tom and I are happy again!! VERY HAPPY! ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

High Octane Baseball

Post by High Octane Baseball » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:23 am

As a Bears fan i am happy..cause if we win we get to host the NFC title game!!

My brother has tickets and has already been offered 1500 bucks for a potential Bears vs. Packers game

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:28 am

Originally posted by High Octane Baseball:

My brother has tickets and has already been offered 1500 bucks for a potential Bears vs. Packers game If that happens, WOW!! Yeah, the price of tickets will go up all week as the demand will be through the roof. But take care of business today first before selling those tickets. ;) In this crazy season, anything can happen.

We have this arctic blast set to hit the Midwest this week. I don't know if it's going to last through the weekend, but it will be interesting. Weather will be a factor at Soldier Field, that's for sure.

Good luck today to all Bears, Seahawks, Patriots and Jets fans. I love this time of year.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:06 am

No, I don't have news about the NFBC in 2011, but I do have an incredible, impressive, improbable Packers' win to ENJOY!! :D The Packers are in the NFC Championship Game!!! Unbelievable. Tom and I are happy again!! VERY HAPPY! ;) Congrats Greg! Still, the world won't be perfect again until my Jets take care of business today and put the Belichek's, Brady's, and Welker's in their place.

Glenn

Gates

Post by Gates » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:45 am

quote:Originally posted by High Octane Baseball:

My brother has tickets and has already been offered 1500 bucks for a potential Bears vs. Packers game If that happens, WOW!! Yeah, the price of tickets will go up all week as the demand will be through the roof. But take care of business today first before selling those tickets. ;) In this crazy season, anything can happen.

We have this arctic blast set to hit the Midwest this week. I don't know if it's going to last through the weekend, but it will be interesting. Weather will be a factor at Soldier Field, that's for sure.

Good luck today to all Bears, Seahawks, Patriots and Jets fans. I love this time of year.
[/QUOTE]You all know this is Seahawks year, right?!?!?!

Best team left... :D

I'm a Seahawks fan since I can remember, but this year is a shame...there should be a rule, if the division leader is under 500, they should pick the next best second instead...

Good luck to your teams all!!!!!
Go ahead, make my day...

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:06 am

Originally posted by Gates:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by High Octane Baseball:

[/QUOTE]You all know this is Seahawks year, right?!?!?!

Best team left... :D

I'm a Seahawks fan since I can remember, but this year is a shame...there should be a rule, if the division leader is under 500, they should pick the next best second instead...

Good luck to your teams all!!!!!
[/QUOTE]Good Luck next year....It's over!

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:23 am

No, I don't have news about the NFBC in 2011, but I do have an incredible, impressive, improbable Packers' win to ENJOY!! :D The Packers are in the NFC Championship Game!!! Unbelievable. Tom and I are happy again!! VERY HAPPY! ;) Go Pack go! Can't wait for next Sunday at 2pm cst.

Interesting stat... the Packers have not trailed by more than 7 points all year! (knock on wood).
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:28 am

I'm planning on watching a 25 year anniversary rematch of a Bears-Patriots Superbowl.

Of course New England is losing right now, but I still expect them to win tonight.
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Ryan C

Post by Ryan C » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

No, I don't have news about the NFBC in 2011, but I do have an incredible, impressive, improbable Packers' win to ENJOY!! :D The Packers are in the NFC Championship Game!!! Unbelievable. Tom and I are happy again!! VERY HAPPY! ;) Congrats Greg! Still, the world won't be perfect again until my Jets take care of business today and put the Belichek's, Brady's, and Welker's in their place.

Glenn
[/QUOTE]Congrats to the Jets Glenn!!

Should be a fun time in the city this week.
Mastersball

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” - Albert Einstein

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:46 pm

Originally posted by Navel Lint:

I'm planning on watching a 25 year anniversary rematch of a Bears-Patriots Superbowl.

Of course New England is losing right now, but I still expect them to win tonight. Oops! Guess not!
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Originally posted by Ryan C:

quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:

Glenn
[/QUOTE]Congrats to the Jets Glenn!!

Should be a fun time in the city this week.
[/QUOTE]Thanks Ryan. Now all is right with the world again.

Glenn

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:37 am

Get all your celebration out this week Glenn. the J-E-T-S are coming to STEELTOWN this Sunday. We'll let Troy in on the fun this time around. May the best team win... :cool:

S-T-E-E-L-E-R-S
bill cleavenger
BIG BLUE NATION
"we don't rebuild, we reload"

lschechter

Post by lschechter » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:30 am

Interesting how the "Liberty Media" thread has turned into playoff game discussion. Maybe time to end this thread and Greg can start a new one when he has an update on what's happening with the NFBC.

Greg, Congrats on the Packers. I'm a Patriots fan and expected them to win for sure yesterday. I'm disappointed but mostly in awe of what the Jet's did. They earned a lot of respect.

Raskol

Post by Raskol » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:01 am

Originally posted by Kentucky Reign:

Get all your celebration out this week Glenn. the J-E-T-S are coming to STEELTOWN this Sunday. We'll let Troy in on the fun this time around. May the best team win... :cool:

S-T-E-E-L-E-R-S I'm with you!! Both my little kids have Hines Ward jerseys and I'd be wearing my Franco Harris one if it wasn't 20 sizes too small and 30 years too old...
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.--Hunter S. Thompson

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:03 am

Originally posted by Larry Schechter:

Interesting how the "Liberty Media" thread has turned into playoff game discussion. Maybe time to end this thread and Greg can start a new one when he has an update on what's happening with the NFBC.

Greg, Congrats on the Packers. I'm a Patriots fan and expected them to win for sure yesterday. I'm disappointed but mostly in awe of what the Jet's did. They earned a lot of respect. Rex Ryan will NEVER have my respect. The guy is a faulking loser
"Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:35 am

Back to the subject at hand: Tom and I are both getting good vibes on this front. Stay patient with us please and I think we'll have a resolution soon. Everyone is working hard to make this work for 2011 and beyond and I truly believe that we'll have good news shortly. Keep studying and tomorrow I'll start posting the positional eligibility lists. I'll need help adding players to the lists I just received, so be ready tomorrow and we'll complete these together. Thanks all...for EVERYTHING.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius