Question for Drafters

Gordon Gekko

Question for Drafters

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:14 am

How do I keep track of the players that I select?

Edwards Kings

Question for Drafters

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:18 am

GG, What do you mean?
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

JohnZ

Question for Drafters

Post by JohnZ » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:21 am

bring a crayon

Gordon Gekko

Question for Drafters

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:24 am

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

GG, What do you mean? when i select a player on saturday, how do i keep track of him at the draft? do i write his name down or should i try and remember it?

i saw someone was looking for directions to the Hilton on another thread and most everyone were very helpful. i'm hoping for help too

[ March 16, 2005, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Edwards Kings

Question for Drafters

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:26 am

OK, seems kind of silly, but I'll bite.

Yes, I believe a pencil and a piece of paper would be minimum requirements to keep track of your selections during the draft.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Question for Drafters

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:26 am

:D
Charles Krauthammer

Gordon Gekko

Question for Drafters

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:31 am

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

I believe a pencil and a piece of paper would be minimum requirements to keep track of your selections during the draft. you're not feeding me false info, are you? i got a lot of things going on this weekend, and i need to figure out how to do this. thanks (if you're telling the truth)

Cooperstown

Question for Drafters

Post by Cooperstown » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:25 am

I prefer pens and white out. My aggressive nature causes the pencil points to break and there probably won't be a pencil sharpener nearby.

Oh, get the squeeze tube white out, not the twist cap brush.

Your welcome. :D

Coops

Chicago League #4 (Pick 7)

Chest Rockwell

Question for Drafters

Post by Chest Rockwell » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:45 am

I have a nice crips $5 bill, for anyone who posts a picture of young Mark.

I will then also take a bet of 1000 dollars that says Mark could not get laid in a women's prison with a fist full of pardons.

You should have come to Vegas, an extremely wealthy man like yourself could do well with the ladies and you could also see that fear in my eyes close up.

No one is obsessed with you either, you are an idiot who I like to keep going just because it is funny that someone is that big of a loser, that he gets his kicks out of creating an image in a fantasy baseball league.

Now you will write back something essentially to the tune of everyone wants to be me, everyone is obsessed with me, blah blah blah.

I am still up for my challenge that would lead to one of us never posting on here again, you up for it.

Chest Rockwell

Question for Drafters

Post by Chest Rockwell » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:46 am

sorry crisp

Chest Rockwell

Question for Drafters

Post by Chest Rockwell » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:09 am

funny how I said crips, you can take the man out of the gang, but not the gang out of the man. Go blue, down with Darryl Gates.

bjoak

Question for Drafters

Post by bjoak » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:06 am

I'll be more likely circling than writing.

Pen and paper seem more effecient to me than laptop at this point. My computer skills aren't at the level yet where I can enter a player and all my data pops up and combines with the other players I have in the draft so far to create a picture of my team and then quickly see how players I might take in the following round would affect it. That would be ideal, but I'm not there yet. My preplanning should be solid enough to make up for it, tho.

As far as advice, you can always write the names on your eyeball so you don't forget and they're right in front of you. Just remember to write backwards.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

bjoak

Question for Drafters

Post by bjoak » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:16 am

it is funny that someone is that big of a loser, that he gets his kicks out of creating an image in a fantasy baseball league.

I'll stand up for Gekko here, much as I hate to. I have a friend who used to travel around message boards and get people riled up about his persona's invention, the hoodbrella. He was supposedly a tall person who lost an eye to a short person with an umbrella and now he invented this hoodbrella so he could make money and stop these oh-so-common tragedies.

Anyway, that wasn't just being a loser, it was performance art, er, without the performance. Gekko's no hoodbrella salesman, but I'm sure he's at least having fun.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

bowlingfool

Question for Drafters

Post by bowlingfool » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:17 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

How do I keep track of the players that I select? I've found a hammer and chisel on large stone tablets to be quite effective.

Since you'll probably be carving out your masterpiece during the draft, I would think this is the best way for you to go. ;)

roundmann

Question for Drafters

Post by roundmann » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:17 pm

I am wearing one of those things on my arm that the quarterbacks wear to remember the plays. There should be enough room on that for my roster and a small cheat sheet.

seefer

Question for Drafters

Post by seefer » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:29 pm

Jeesh. Take Gekko for what he is, entertainment. If you take his posts seriously, then you need to look in a mirror.

"The other day I was... no, no, that wasn't me." --Steven Wright

LONG GONE

Question for Drafters

Post by LONG GONE » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:10 pm

Bring your secatary

KJ Duke

Question for Drafters

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:20 pm

Originally posted by bjoak:

quote: it is funny that someone is that big of a loser, that he gets his kicks out of creating an image in a fantasy baseball league.

I'll stand up for Gekko here, much as I hate to. I have a friend who used to travel around message boards and get people riled up about his persona's invention, the hoodbrella. He was supposedly a tall person who lost an eye to a short person with an umbrella and now he invented this hoodbrella so he could make money and stop these oh-so-common tragedies.

Anyway, that wasn't just being a loser, it was performance art, er, without the performance. Gekko's no hoodbrella salesman, but I'm sure he's at least having fun. [/QUOTE]I'd like to order one of those. Please send details, thanks.

If it rains this weekend, I'd hate to have such an unfortunate accident interfere with my draft.

nydownunder

Question for Drafters

Post by nydownunder » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:52 am

How do I keep track of the players that I select? (Bite Tongue)

[ March 17, 2005, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: nydownunder ]
Wagga Wagga Dingoes (NY#4)
Luck is where preparation meets opportunity!

fandango

Question for Drafters

Post by fandango » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:04 am

quote:Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

I believe a pencil and a piece of paper would be minimum requirements to keep track of your selections during the draft. you're not feeding me false info, are you? i got a lot of things going on this weekend, and i need to figure out how to do this. thanks (if you're telling the truth) [/QUOTE]geiko, you are THE BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME...YOU FINISHED ALMOST DEAD LAST LAST YEAR IN BASEBALL, and I KICKED YOUR ASS IN THE ONLY FOOTBALLLEAGUE WE WERE HEAD TO HEAD!! CANT WAIT TO BURY YOU AGAIN BIG MOUTH!