My draft

mrhambone

My draft

Post by mrhambone » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:38 pm

My Draft from Las Vegas Weekend 1 League 2

Drafting from #8

Round 1 3B A-Rod- Wanted the early 3B. I picked A-Rod over Wright and Longo. My thoughts were try to go with power and average early. I’m still not sold on Wrights power and if the Mets go fire sale he could end the season on a depleted roster. Longo is good but I was worried about another 22 HR year. A-Rod is Back to full health and has been killing the ball all spring. First year in three years he’s been able to train in the off season. He’s in a better park and better line-up IMO.

Round 2 1B Ryan Howard- Didn’t think he would get to me. Thought I would end up with either Youk or maybe Kemp. If neither fell I was thinking Kinsler. Liked the HR possibilities. Passed on Youk cause of injury possibility.

Round 3 2B Brandon Phillips- My goal was to fill out my infield early with as much power and go with speed late in the OF. Uggla was taken right before my pick. I most likely would have taken him but getting Phillips doesn’t hurt much as he adds a little more speed. Plus $ year.

Round 4 SP1 Cole Hamels- Was targeting my first SP in round 4. Hoping for Kershaw, CC or Verlader but didn’t happen. All were taken. Went with Hamels. Wanted 200K’s on a winning team. Passed on Price and Jered Weaver.

Round 5 SS Derek Jeter- Keep filling that infield. Hope for a bounce back year and a 300 avg. Last SS in my top tier.

Round 6 RP1 Carlos Marmol- First closer off the board. Wanted those K’s. Looking back after the draft maybe a Rivera or other low whip RP would have been better but at this point I wanted the K’s.

Round 7 SP2 Gio Gonzalez- My goal was to have 4 pitchers in the first 10. 3 SP and 1 RP. Looking for upside and K’s.

Round 8 OF Rajai Davis- Needed speed at this point. Hopefully Davis can hit and stay a top of that line-up. Hoping for 50sb’s maybe even 10hr’s?

Round 9 SP3 Brett Anderson- Got my 4 pitchers. Hopefully Anderson can help get my whip down a bit. Injury/upside guy.

Round 10 SP4 Jordon Zimmermann- Maybe went a bit early but wanted him.

Round 11 C Jorge Posada- A goal was to get two mid round catchers. In the past I have been killed by late catchers that kill my BA .I’m starting to get worried about having an old injury risk team. Hopefully Posada will DH all year and that can keep him healthy.

Round 12 RP2 Joel Hanrahan- Last of my mid tier closers. Wanted to handcuff Meek later but didn’t happen. Hopefully he keeps the job.

Round 13 CI Derek Lee- Wanted to get a strong MI. Like Derek Lee in Balt having a good year. Team keeps getting older.

Round 14 MI Sean Rodriguez- Upside MI that can also play OF if I need him. Hopefully he gets the playing time. Passed on Man Ram. Too many old dudes.

Round 15 OF Raul Ibanez- Not enough old dudes. Looking for BB year after injuries.

Round 16 OF Ryan Raburn- Keep filling in the OF with what I hope is upside guys. Hopefully he plays great or Boesch dies.

Round 17 C Yadier Molina- Try to keep my BA up and maybe add a few SBs. Passed on Iannetta and R. Martin.

Round 18 SP5 Jair Jurrjens- Looking for upside SP’s and I feel a little light on wins so wanted someone on a good team. More health risks thou.

Round 19 SP6 AJ Burnett- Looking for upside SP’s and I feel a little light on wins so wanted someone on a good team.

Round 20 Bench or MI- Yunel Escobar- I like having deep MI. Plus I can always use S. Rodriquez in the OF.

Round 21 OF Ben Francisco

Round 22 SP7 Derrik Holland

Round 23 OF Johnny Damon

Round 24 SP8 Jason Hammel

Round 25 OF Scotty Pods

Round 26 CI Lyle Overbay

Round 27 SP9 Justin Masterson

Round 28 OF Michael Saunders

Round 29 SP10 Tom Gorzelanny

Round 30 MI Brad Emaus

Thoughts? Let’s go baseball!!!!
Word

SlimShady

My draft

Post by SlimShady » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Originally posted by mrhambone:

My Draft from Las Vegas Weekend 1 League 2

Drafting from #8

Round 1 3B A-Rod- Wanted the early 3B. I picked A-Rod over Wright and Longo. My thoughts were try to go with power and average early. I’m still not sold on Wrights power and if the Mets go fire sale he could end the season on a depleted roster. Longo is good but I was worried about another 22 HR year. A-Rod is Back to full health and has been killing the ball all spring. First year in three years he’s been able to train in the off season. He’s in a better park and better line-up IMO.

Round 2 1B Ryan Howard- Didn’t think he would get to me. Thought I would end up with either Youk or maybe Kemp. If neither fell I was thinking Kinsler. Liked the HR possibilities. Passed on Youk cause of injury possibility.

Round 3 2B Brandon Phillips- My goal was to fill out my infield early with as much power and go with speed late in the OF. Uggla was taken right before my pick. I most likely would have taken him but getting Phillips doesn’t hurt much as he adds a little more speed. Plus $ year.

Round 4 SP1 Cole Hamels- Was targeting my first SP in round 4. Hoping for Kershaw, CC or Verlader but didn’t happen. All were taken. Went with Hamels. Wanted 200K’s on a winning team. Passed on Price and Jered Weaver.

Round 5 SS Derek Jeter- Keep filling that infield. Hope for a bounce back year and a 300 avg. Last SS in my top tier.

Round 6 RP1 Carlos Marmol- First closer off the board. Wanted those K’s. Looking back after the draft maybe a Rivera or other low whip RP would have been better but at this point I wanted the K’s.

Round 7 SP2 Gio Gonzalez- My goal was to have 4 pitchers in the first 10. 3 SP and 1 RP. Looking for upside and K’s.

Round 8 OF Rajai Davis- Needed speed at this point. Hopefully Davis can hit and stay a top of that line-up. Hoping for 50sb’s maybe even 10hr’s?

Round 9 SP3 Brett Anderson- Got my 4 pitchers. Hopefully Anderson can help get my whip down a bit. Injury/upside guy.

Round 10 SP4 Jordon Zimmermann- Maybe went a bit early but wanted him.

Round 11 C Jorge Posada- A goal was to get two mid round catchers. In the past I have been killed by late catchers that kill my BA .I’m starting to get worried about having an old injury risk team. Hopefully Posada will DH all year and that can keep him healthy.

Round 12 RP2 Joel Hanrahan- Last of my mid tier closers. Wanted to handcuff Meek later but didn’t happen. Hopefully he keeps the job.

Round 13 CI Derek Lee- Wanted to get a strong MI. Like Derek Lee in Balt having a good year. Team keeps getting older.

Round 14 MI Sean Rodriguez- Upside MI that can also play OF if I need him. Hopefully he gets the playing time. Passed on Man Ram. Too many old dudes.

Round 15 OF Raul Ibanez- Not enough old dudes. Looking for BB year after injuries.

Round 16 OF Ryan Raburn- Keep filling in the OF with what I hope is upside guys. Hopefully he plays great or Boesch dies.

Round 17 C Yadier Molina- Try to keep my BA up and maybe add a few SBs. Passed on Iannetta and R. Martin.

Round 18 SP5 Jair Jurrjens- Looking for upside SP’s and I feel a little light on wins so wanted someone on a good team. More health risks thou.

Round 19 SP6 AJ Burnett- Looking for upside SP’s and I feel a little light on wins so wanted someone on a good team.

Round 20 Bench or MI- Yunel Escobar- I like having deep MI. Plus I can always use S. Rodriquez in the OF.

Round 21 OF Ben Francisco

Round 22 SP7 Derrik Holland

Round 23 OF Johnny Damon

Round 24 SP8 Jason Hammel

Round 25 OF Scotty Pods

Round 26 CI Lyle Overbay

Round 27 SP9 Justin Masterson

Round 28 OF Michael Saunders

Round 29 SP10 Tom Gorzelanny

Round 30 MI Brad Emaus

Thoughts? Let’s go baseball!!!! Funny that you never hear someone comment on someones draft that I "hate" your draft or you did a horrible job. That being said, I love your team.... BA might be a problem, but other than that, you did a good job. Love Emaus at 30!!! He will go under the radar this season and hit 15-70-70 at 2B. Not bad for a 30th round MI !! Good luck!!!
"Green Acres is the place to be"