"Green Acres is the place to be"

Outlaw

AROD

Post by Outlaw » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:24 am

specualtion it is the dreaded Oblique injury

ScottieBaseball

AROD

Post by ScottieBaseball » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:40 pm

This is starting to sound like the football season and how many injuries there were in the NFL!!
"I always turn to the sports page first....They record people's accomplishments; the front page, nothing but man's failure." -Earl Warren
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation 2nd Place

kgrady

AROD

Post by kgrady » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Latest I'm reading is that A-Rod is day-to-day. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Nowadays it's very understandable to get nervous whenever your hear one of your player's names and the word 'oblique' mentioned in the same sentence. It's like the oblique is a new addition to the human body. Had anyone ever even heard of an oblique injury ten years ago? Now each of us probably has a player on the DL with an oblique problem. Me? I've got my requisite two, Evan Longoria and Brian Matusz. :mad:
"Fear ... that's the other guy's problem!" - Lewis Winthorpe (Dan Akroyd) from Trading Places

Ando

AROD

Post by Ando » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:58 pm

I'm a Matusz owner as well. His injury isn't "officially" listed as an oblique, but the more profound "intercostal strain". Not like that makes me feel better or anything! :D
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

kgrady

AROD

Post by kgrady » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:19 am

Guess it depends on which source you reference regarding Matusz. Yesterday, I read that Matusz is still experiencing oblique discomfort and will not return until that subsides. Whatever they want to call it, it's certainly discomforting to me! :(
"Fear ... that's the other guy's problem!" - Lewis Winthorpe (Dan Akroyd) from Trading Places

Quack

AROD

Post by Quack » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:58 am

no Arod tonight

The Mighty Men

AROD

Post by The Mighty Men » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:44 pm

I used to think these obliques injuries were a 'soft" injury. Then this week while playing basketball, I somehow took a shot in the side/back from someone while rebounding and went into a wall. Next thing I know I have this pain on my side, right in the oblique area. That night in bed all I did was moan while trying to move around. 3 days later it still hurts when I bend down, sneeze, etc.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

King of Queens

AROD

Post by King of Queens » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Originally posted by The Mighty Men:

I used to think these obliques injuries were a 'soft" injury. Then this week while playing basketball, I somehow took a shot in the side/back from someone while rebounding and went into a wall. Next thing I know I have this pain on my side, right in the oblique area. That night in bed all I did was moan while trying to move around. 3 days later it still hurts when I bend down, sneeze, etc. You're not kidding. Check out 1:30 of this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yzxKAqA6uw

WOODERSON

AROD

Post by WOODERSON » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:29 am

Originally posted by The Mighty Men:

I used to think these obliques injuries were a 'soft" injury. Then this week while playing basketball, I somehow took a shot in the side/back from someone while rebounding and went into a wall. Next thing I know I have this pain on my side, right in the oblique area. That night in bed all I did was moan while trying to move around. 3 days later it still hurts when I bend down, sneeze, etc. Was Cameron "popcorn feedin" Diaz involved :D

billywaz

AROD

Post by billywaz » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:30 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

quote:Originally posted by The Mighty Men:

I used to think these obliques injuries were a 'soft" injury. Then this week while playing basketball, I somehow took a shot in the side/back from someone while rebounding and went into a wall. Next thing I know I have this pain on my side, right in the oblique area. That night in bed all I did was moan while trying to move around. 3 days later it still hurts when I bend down, sneeze, etc. You're not kidding. Check out 1:30 of this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yzxKAqA6uw
[/QUOTE]Did Mark Wahlberg get a haircut???

[ April 25, 2011, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: billywaz ]