DRAFT CHAMPIONSHIP

Jeff Butler (3,465.5 points)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Paul Gromek

Who Is Leading The NFBC After Week 6?

Post by Paul Gromek » Mon May 09, 2011 9:56 am

I was feeling good until I looked and saw Lindy and Jupinka in my rear-view mirror. Now I'm scared.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 09, 2011 10:18 am

Originally posted by Paul Gromek:

I was feeling good until I looked and saw Lindy and Jupinka in my rear-view mirror. Now I'm scared. We've never had anyone win two overall NFBC titles, but most of our past grand champions are in the mix this year. Lindy Hinkelman is 8th overall, Stephen Jupinka is 10th overall, Bobby Jurney is 80th overall, David DiDonato is 101st overall and Terry Haney is 170th overall. This should be a fun race to watch this year, so don't take your eyes off these past champions. They've been here before.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon May 09, 2011 10:30 am

I was feeling good until I looked and saw Lindy and Jupinka in my rear-view mirror. Now I'm scared. As of today isn't everybody in your rear view mirror? ;)

Enjoy it Paul, must be a nice feeling.

Sack

Post by Sack » Mon May 09, 2011 11:05 am

Nice job Paul, congrats! I have this guy LOWY in not one, but two of my Main Events. There went my chance. ;)

[ May 09, 2011, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Sack ]

WOODERSON

Post by WOODERSON » Mon May 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

quote:Originally posted by Paul Gromek:

I was feeling good until I looked and saw Lindy and Jupinka in my rear-view mirror. Now I'm scared. As of today isn't everybody in your rear view mirror? ;)

[/QUOTE]Must be a 3 team race!Wow!1 week on top & only 2 players in rear view mirror! Wow! :eek:

Paul Gromek

Post by Paul Gromek » Mon May 09, 2011 12:57 pm

Originally posted by WOODERSON:

quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:

quote:Originally posted by Paul Gromek:

[/QUOTE]Must be a 3 team race!Wow!1 week on top & only 2 players in rear view mirror! Wow! :eek:
[/QUOTE]Winning the overall title would be beyond my wildest dreams and I'm not silly enough to think being on top for a few days in May means anything. Not against these great competitors.

I'm just hoping to be in a position to win my league at the end and the rest is gravy. Kind of like worrying about winning your conference title before thinking about the BCS.

Dirt Dogs

Post by Dirt Dogs » Mon May 09, 2011 1:30 pm

Paul,

Congrats on the great start! Whats your strategy with having Farnsworth on your bench last week and this week again. I would think getting saves whenever possible is a big goal to compete in the overall especially who knows when a closer might go down. Happens all the time.

Just something that jumped out at me when checking out your team.
A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz. ~Humphrey Bogart

Paul Gromek

Post by Paul Gromek » Mon May 09, 2011 1:42 pm

Originally posted by Dirt Dogs:

Paul,

Congrats on the great start! Whats your strategy with having Farnsworth on your bench last week and this week again. I would think getting saves whenever possible is a big goal to compete in the overall especially who knows when a closer might go down. Happens all the time.

Just something that jumped out at me when checking out your team. Yeah, I thought a lot about what to do with my pitching lineup this week. My thinking was just to try and get an extra win or two since I'm a little behind in that category. I picked up two saves yesterday so that made my decision easier to go with the extra starters.

Dirt Dogs

Post by Dirt Dogs » Mon May 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Yeah but also benching Fuentes this week. Your rolling one closer when you have 3. I cant say i agree but then again i'm not #1 overall ;)

I just see Fuentes probably not closing all year and maybe Farnsworth exploding at some point you could possibly have only Kimbrel who is a rookie as your only closer chasing the 100K. And its easier to grab 2 start pitchers late in the season than it is a closer or two.

Watch then both get rocked, you have the answers this year!

Good luck!
A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz. ~Humphrey Bogart

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon May 09, 2011 2:24 pm

Originally posted by Sack:

Nice job Paul, congrats! I have this guy LOWY in not one, but two of my Main Events. There went my chance. ;) Try having a Magner in both your Mains!!! :eek:

Paul Gromek

Post by Paul Gromek » Mon May 09, 2011 2:29 pm

Originally posted by Dirt Dogs:

Yeah but also benching Fuentes this week. Your rolling one closer when you have 3. I cant say i agree but then again i'm not #1 overall ;)

I just see Fuentes probably not closing all year and maybe Farnsworth exploding at some point you could possibly have only Kimbrel who is a rookie as your only closer chasing the 100K. And its easier to grab 2 start pitchers late in the season than it is a closer or two.

Watch then both get rocked, you have the answers this year!

Good luck! What you are saying makes sense. Sometimes I just go with a gut feel. It wouldn't be the first time I made the wrong call.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon May 09, 2011 2:30 pm

quote:Originally posted by Dirt Dogs:

Paul,

Just something that jumped out at me when checking out your team. Yeah, I thought a lot about what to do with my pitching lineup this week. My thinking was just to try and get an extra win or two since I'm a little behind in that category. I picked up two saves yesterday so that made my decision easier to go with the extra starters.
[/QUOTE]paul - good for you. enjoy the ride (it never seems to last long).

ps - you have the goods to get to #1, don't let people get in your head and tell YOU how you should be playing. again, good job.

[ May 09, 2011, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Gekko ]

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon May 09, 2011 3:55 pm

quote:Originally posted by Dirt Dogs:

Paul,

[/QUOTE]Come August I guarantee you can find 8 starting pitchers a week if you need wins. Bank those saves while you can brother. I am in a similar situation but how often will all 3 closers keep their job the entire year? Good job on the start.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun May 15, 2011 2:31 am

Watch out for the man who invented "The Lindy." Lindy Hinkelman won $241,300 in 2009 by winning the Main Event and the Online Championship and this year he's trying to take it one step further. Lindy is currently 3rd overall in the Main Event, 5th overall in the Live Double Play and 12th in the Online Double Play. The $75,000 cash bonus is for winning both the Main Event and the Online Double Play. Lindy is best positioned at this point, but as we all know this is a marathon of a season. Good luck to everyone in the competitions.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius