Moneyball Trailer

superpion

Moneyball Trailer

Post by superpion » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:27 pm

I just watched the Moneyball Trailer and thought it looks pretty cool. Anyone else pumped up to see the movie?

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810166670/video/25625800

bjoak

Moneyball Trailer

Post by bjoak » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:10 pm

I was an extra in the stands! Paul DePodesta being replaced by random-dork-number-cruncher-guy seems super lame. In fact, in general, the characters seem quite flat compared to those in the book, but hey, it's just a trailer. It's probably the only time my favorite team will ever have a feature film about them, though, so I'll just suck it up and enjoy it.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

ToddZ

Moneyball Trailer

Post by ToddZ » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:42 am

geez, a short, fat dork with glasses

I could have gotten my Aftra-SAG card.

and some Grecian formula
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

superpion

Moneyball Trailer

Post by superpion » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:46 am

Wow....not a lot of love for Jonah Hill on these boards. I have enjoyed the vast majority of the movies that he's been in.

@bjoak: You'll have to let us know if you see yourself in the movie.

Regardless, I just think it's awesome that they adapted the story into a book and have now adapted the book into a movie. Can't wait, I'll be in the theater the day it comes out.

bjoak

Moneyball Trailer

Post by bjoak » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:12 pm

I'm behind the dugout when Hudson got pulled in game 20 of the win streak. Next to my fiance wearing a ridiculous green and yellow feather boa.

Chest Rockwell

Moneyball Trailer

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Originally posted by bjoak:

I'm behind the dugout when Hudson got pulled in game 20 of the win streak. Next to my fiance wearing a ridiculous green and yellow feather boa. congrats Brian when is the big day? Happy for you both.

superpion

Moneyball Trailer

Post by superpion » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:36 am

Originally posted by rockitsauce:

Just came back from Green Lantern (a friend of mine loves that superhero genre, me...meh, it's 104 out, sure lets go) anyway while there I saw a preview for Moneyball. It's a movie that certainly interests me (I did read the book) however it seems rentable, doesn't HAVE TO be seen at the theatre. I also don't get the fat dude as Beane's stat wiz kid, seems like a curious casting choice...I'm probably just jealous :rolleyes:

Why is there no love for Jonah Hill? He's been in many entertaining movies: Superbad, Get Him to the Greek, Funny People, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Knocked Up to name a few. I think that his character will make a fine foil to Brad Pitt's Billy Beane.

Chest Rockwell

Moneyball Trailer

Post by Chest Rockwell » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:03 am

Originally posted by superpion:

quote:Originally posted by rockitsauce:

Just came back from Green Lantern (a friend of mine loves that superhero genre, me...meh, it's 104 out, sure lets go) anyway while there I saw a preview for Moneyball. It's a movie that certainly interests me (I did read the book) however it seems rentable, doesn't HAVE TO be seen at the theatre. I also don't get the fat dude as Beane's stat wiz kid, seems like a curious casting choice...I'm probably just jealous :rolleyes:

Why is there no love for Jonah Hill? He's been in many entertaining movies: Superbad, Get Him to the Greek, Funny People, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Knocked Up to name a few. I think that his character will make a fine foil to Brad Pitt's Billy Beane.
[/QUOTE]agreed completely he is awesome in knocked up

rockitsauce

Moneyball Trailer

Post by rockitsauce » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Originally posted by superpion:

Why is there no love for Jonah Hill? He's been in many entertaining movies: Superbad, Get Him to the Greek, Funny People, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Knocked Up to name a few. I think that his character will make a fine foil to Brad Pitt's Billy Beane. [/QB]I've never seen any of those movies except Superbad and I thought the title was appropriate.

That being said Moneyball still looks like it'll be a fun movie, esp for baseball fans. I thought this movie had died w/ a different director, other problems...so I'm just happy it got made. I know I saw Philip Seymour Hoffman in the previews so theres that.

Funny scene from the preview....a player (you assume new to A's) hits the button on the pop machine expecting a Pepsi to automatically come out, another player says to him, "that's a dollar man. Welcome to Oakland".
Always be closing.

bjoak

Moneyball Trailer

Post by bjoak » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:40 am

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

quote:Originally posted by bjoak:

I'm behind the dugout when Hudson got pulled in game 20 of the win streak. Next to my fiance wearing a ridiculous green and yellow feather boa. congrats Brian when is the big day? Happy for you both. [/QUOTE]Thanks! July 25th.

Life is good

Moneyball Trailer

Post by Life is good » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Looks like a good movie to me......Super hero movies sux!!