Stats From Last Night Re-Running Now

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:40 am

Okay, thanks for the heads up all and we have found the problem from last night's games and are re-running all leagues now. We're blaming the big Chicago storm on this one, but either way it's fixed now. Some leagues have been re-run already, but look for all NFBC leagues to be re-run by this afternoon. It's good to go and shouldn't happen again. Everything will be up-to-date soon.

Thanks again all and thanks for your patience on this one. Enjoy today's afternoon games.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:26 pm

Just a heads up: Overall standings will be run tonight with last night's update. So currently the overall standings are not correct, but they will be by tomorrow morning. Look for the updated overall standings tomorrow morning. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:56 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Just a heads up: Overall standings will be run tonight with last night's update. So currently the overall standings are not correct, but they will be by tomorrow morning. Look for the updated overall standings tomorrow morning. Thanks all. I have questions concerning this.

1. For the NFBC. Is there a backup system in place to double check all stats? Also, If this hadn't been brought to the NFBC's attention would it have gone undetected?

2. For the players. Do you double check your stats on a regular basis? I've never once checked any of mine, simply leaving my trust in the system. Considering re-thinking this approach.

Let me know. Thanks
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:10 pm

Originally posted by Money:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Just a heads up: Overall standings will be run tonight with last night's update. So currently the overall standings are not correct, but they will be by tomorrow morning. Look for the updated overall standings tomorrow morning. Thanks all. I have questions concerning this.

1. For the NFBC. Is there a backup system in place to double check all stats? Also, If this hadn't been brought to the NFBC's attention would it have gone undetected?

2. For the players. Do you double check your stats on a regular basis? I've never once checked any of mine, simply leaving my trust in the system. Considering re-thinking this approach.

Let me know. Thanks
[/QUOTE]Joe, the stats for each player weren't inaccurate, but the totals did add in some stats from non-starters. There's no doubt that the heads up from NFBC players today alerted us to this problem before we found it ourselves. We likely would have caught it because of the number of players generating stats, but you folks led us to the trail first.

I think most players live and breathe their daily totals and know when things aren't accurate. I would suspect most players keep track of their daily and weekly totals, as they should. But I have no concerns that every stat earned by your teams in 2011 are reflected in your totals to date and going forward.

But you are correct, re-think that approach and double-check everything.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:08 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by Money:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Let me know. Thanks
[/QUOTE]Joe, the stats for each player weren't inaccurate, but the totals did add in some stats from non-starters. There's no doubt that the heads up from NFBC players today alerted us to this problem before we found it ourselves. We likely would have caught it because of the number of players generating stats, but you folks led us to the trail first.

I think most players live and breathe their daily totals and know when things aren't accurate. I would suspect most players keep track of their daily and weekly totals, as they should. But I have no concerns that every stat earned by your teams in 2011 are reflected in your totals to date and going forward.

But you are correct, re-think that approach and double-check everything.
[/QUOTE]Greg,

Just a thought, should Stats be going back to make sure that this hasn't occurred any other time this year?

Simply trying to help.

Thanks
Joe

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:17 am

I've teetered back and forth on whether to comment on this. I don't want it to come across the wrong way as sometimes comments can be taken out of context.

My initial reaction to the re-running of the stats is whether they should be run for the season, figuring that is there is smoke, there could be fire. I have to trust that the software is accurate. I simply do not have the time to research every week. It's great that guys pick up on mistakes, but based on what I'm reading on the boards, it seems that the players are picking up on errors and flaws before STATS recognizes them.

I don't want to create anything here, but some may be wondering the very same thing that I'll ask.... can we really be certain that the numbers are 100% accurate from Day 1?

Is there a systematic check or process that STATS incorporates on a daily basis to ensure integrity?

Hopefully, it's just a blip. I completely trust the NFBC and STATS, so please do not take the question as criticism.

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:47 am

Originally posted by Fourslot40:

I've teetered back and forth on whether to comment on this. I don't want it to come across the wrong way as sometimes comments can be taken out of context.

My initial reaction to the re-running of the stats is whether they should be run for the season, figuring that is there is smoke, there could be fire. I have to trust that the software is accurate. I simply do not have the time to research every week. It's great that guys pick up on mistakes, but based on what I'm reading on the boards, it seems that the players are picking up on errors and flaws before STATS recognizes them.

I don't want to create anything here, but some may be wondering the very same thing that I'll ask.... can we really be certain that the numbers are 100% accurate from Day 1?

Is there a systematic check or process that STATS incorporates on a daily basis to ensure integrity?

Hopefully, it's just a blip. I completely trust the NFBC and STATS, so please do not take the question as criticism. Great post! I agree

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:50 am

Originally posted by Red Sox Nation-:

quote:Originally posted by Fourslot40:

Hopefully, it's just a blip. I completely trust the NFBC and STATS, so please do not take the question as criticism. Great post! I agree
[/QUOTE]Agreed completely- my biggest concern was STATS not having a check and balance in place. Not a big fan of the line make sure to write down your own stats and track them. I love ya Greg but we pay a lot of money to not have to worry about that.

Money

Post by Money » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:57 am

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

quote:Originally posted by Red Sox Nation-:

quote:Originally posted by Fourslot40:

[/QUOTE]Agreed completely- my biggest concern was STATS not having a check and balance in place. Not a big fan of the line make sure to write down your own stats and track them. I love ya Greg but we pay a lot of money to not have to worry about that.
[/QUOTE]I agree as well with both of you. The problem with tracking stats is you'd have to track everyones stats to make sure they's not getting credited for stats they don't deserve to insure your own proper position in the standings.
Joe

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:12 am

I'm just bumping this up to coincide with the other posts of the similar topic. I'm not so concerned about the loophole of the DL.

I'm more interested in the discussion about the integrity of the stats from Day 1.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:34 am

A correction on Greg's post about the issue the other night. This comes from our tech guys: The problem was due to a handful of games needing the box scores to be reloaded and that not working. Thus, the stats from those handful of games were missing from the fantasy scoring. Never were any stats incorrect and never did we include stats from non-starters. We were missing stats from a few games in the totals.

We verified on Wednesday after we fixed the issue that all stats from all games are included again. We’re still investigating as to why those stats didn’t get re-loaded properly on Wednesday.

All of the stats this season are correct and the incident that occurred the other night has been corrected and stats were re-run that day.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:46 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

A correction on Greg's post about the issue the other night. This comes from our tech guys: The problem was due to a handful of games needing the box scores to be reloaded and that not working. Thus, the stats from those handful of games were missing from the fantasy scoring. Never were any stats incorrect and never did we include stats from non-starters. We were missing stats from a few games in the totals.

We verified on Wednesday after we fixed the issue that all stats from all games are included again. We’re still investigating as to why those stats didn’t get re-loaded properly on Wednesday.

All of the stats this season are correct and the incident that occurred the other night has been corrected and stats were re-run that day. Tom- if you review the original complaints regarding the stats being wrong, you will see that there were teams asking how they could possibly gain points in categories such as wins when their pitchers didn't win any games for that night. How did missing a few box scores for the night cause these teams to pick up points in wins when their teams did not have any wins for the night in the first place?