HOLY BEACHY!

HOLY BEACHY!

Post by 751542 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:46 am

I GENERALLY STAY AWAY FROM PITCHERS COMING OFF THE DL, PITCH RESTRICTIONS AND CONFIDENCE ISSUES BUT BEACHY CAME BACK WITH A BIG OLE EDDIE GILLIS....BANG! NOW DONT GET HURT!...AGAIN KID!
" i have never lost...just ran out of time!"

Edwards Kings

HOLY BEACHY!

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:47 am

Go Braves! Beachy...Minor...Tehran....future is looking good. Now if we can just keep "The Kid" (Chipper) on the field we will be OK! :D
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Chest Rockwell

HOLY BEACHY!

Post by Chest Rockwell » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:53 am

Originally posted by RoundTrippers:

I GENERALLY STAY AWAY FROM PITCHERS COMING OFF THE DL, PITCH RESTRICTIONS AND CONFIDENCE ISSUES BUT BEACHY CAME BACK WITH A BIG OLE EDDIE GILLIS....BANG! NOW DONT GET HURT!...AGAIN KID! If we can get the kid to retire for a lump sum settlement after 2011 we are ok.

Edwards Kings

HOLY BEACHY!

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:55 am

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

quote:Originally posted by RoundTrippers:

I GENERALLY STAY AWAY FROM PITCHERS COMING OFF THE DL, PITCH RESTRICTIONS AND CONFIDENCE ISSUES BUT BEACHY CAME BACK WITH A BIG OLE EDDIE GILLIS....BANG! NOW DONT GET HURT!...AGAIN KID! If we can get the kid to retire for a lump sum settlement after 2011 we are ok. [/QUOTE]Agreed. I was way tongue in cheek. Every time I see Chipper drag his walker and oxygen tank around the bases to turn a run scoring double into a bunt single, I want to remind him the the door to the HoF is already open and waiting for him to walk through.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Chest Rockwell

HOLY BEACHY!

Post by Chest Rockwell » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:38 am

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

quote:Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

quote:Originally posted by RoundTrippers:

I GENERALLY STAY AWAY FROM PITCHERS COMING OFF THE DL, PITCH RESTRICTIONS AND CONFIDENCE ISSUES BUT BEACHY CAME BACK WITH A BIG OLE EDDIE GILLIS....BANG! NOW DONT GET HURT!...AGAIN KID! If we can get the kid to retire for a lump sum settlement after 2011 we are ok. [/QUOTE]Agreed. I was way tongue in cheek. Every time I see Chipper drag his walker and oxygen tank around the bases to turn a run scoring double into a bunt single, I want to remind him the the door to the HoF is already open and waiting for him to walk through.
[/QUOTE]Wayne I know it is easy to be an armchair GM on paper. We have so much young pitching depth and it is exactly what the Astros need. If we could package some for Pence and Bourn. If that is too expensive Chipper being retired at a discount and Mclouth being gone frees payroll room for a Coco Crisp type instead of Bourn. You are payroll neutral and have an everyday lineup of 2012

Crisp CF

Prado 3b

Heyward RF

Pence LF

McCann C

Uggla 2b

Freeman 1b

Gonzalez SS

You still have pitching 6 deep of Lowe, Hanson, Hudson, Jurjens, Beachy, Teheran- I am assuming 2 of Vizcaino, Delgado, and Minor have to go in the Pence deal plus some.

A great young bullpen that is very inexpensive.

It is so hard to compete in MLB outside of NY and Boston when your highest paid (in this case close 2nd) is not worth the money. It amazes me that Colorado and the Braves are as close as they are.

Ever wonder if Wren would have the sacks to move Lowe even if they are in contention? Kind of like some moves Beane did a few years ago- buy and sell at the same time.