Dusty Baker and Chris Heisey

Dub

Post by Dub » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:52 am

After a 3 HR game, up until today (HR already) he has had 5 abs this period. Can somebody PLEASE explain to me how Baker continues to roll with Lewis and Gomes over Heisey?
"I don't remmeber what I don't remember.”- Jerry Garcia

Life is good

Post by Life is good » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:03 am

Because he soooo smart........i think its his ego...

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:05 am

If Baker's son were a little league all-star at age 10, he would still play the 'veteran' 12 year old.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:35 am

I think I have told this before. Leaving the St Louis airport the morning after the Cards/Tigers series ends. Sitting directly next to me in the lobby is Baker and to his left is Tracy Ringelsby. Vernon Wells is scheduled to be the big free agent of the next class and he had just done some work for ESPN with Baker. Baker has no idea really anything about Wells asking Ringlesby the most basic questions that 99% of all nfbcers would know. Has no idea he is going to be a free agent. I just kind of shook my head. Could not shake that or Kevin Kennedy in one of those 1980's adidas full sweat suits. Bottom line Baker is even dumber than you think.

Dub

Post by Dub » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:42 am

He thinks he is picking the best match ups for Heisey and its because of him that Heisey is performing. DUMBASS
"I don't remmeber what I don't remember.”- Jerry Garcia

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:12 pm

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

I think I have told this before. Leaving the St Louis airport the morning after the Cards/Tigers series ends. Sitting directly next to me in the lobby is Baker and to his left is Tracy Ringelsby. Vernon Wells is scheduled to be the big free agent of the next class and he had just done some work for ESPN with Baker. Baker has no idea really anything about Wells asking Ringlesby the most basic questions that 99% of all nfbcers would know. Has no idea he is going to be a free agent. I just kind of shook my head. Could not shake that or Kevin Kennedy in one of those 1980's adidas full sweat suits. Bottom line Baker is even dumber than you think. Doesn't surprise me. I thought he was a decent hire when the Cubs brought him to town - hadn't paid much attention to him in his prior stints back then. Later on in his tenure with the Cubs I would just sit there and shake my head and tell my wife how he was about to blow the game for the Cubs by leaving a pitcher in too long or some other dumb move, and he never failed. Torre, Baker and Lasorda - three guys I'd be happy if I never saw or heard from again around baseball.

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:16 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

quote:Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

I think I have told this before. Leaving the St Louis airport the morning after the Cards/Tigers series ends. Sitting directly next to me in the lobby is Baker and to his left is Tracy Ringelsby. Vernon Wells is scheduled to be the big free agent of the next class and he had just done some work for ESPN with Baker. Baker has no idea really anything about Wells asking Ringlesby the most basic questions that 99% of all nfbcers would know. Has no idea he is going to be a free agent. I just kind of shook my head. Could not shake that or Kevin Kennedy in one of those 1980's adidas full sweat suits. Bottom line Baker is even dumber than you think. Doesn't surprise me. I thought he was a decent hire when the Cubs brought him to town - hadn't paid much attention to him in his prior stints back then. Later on in his tenure with the Cubs I would just sit there and shake my head and tell my wife how he was about to blow the game for the Cubs by leaving a pitcher in too long or some other dumb move, and he never failed. Torre, Baker and Lasorda - three guys I'd be happy if I never saw or heard from again around baseball. [/QUOTE]To me Lasorda is the worst. The entire bleed Dodger blue makes me want to puke. Also I honestly thinks he thinks he is a lot smarter than everyone else. Listen to him explain the most basic thought about baseball....

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:25 pm

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

I think I have told this before. Leaving the St Louis airport the morning after the Cards/Tigers series ends. Sitting directly next to me in the lobby is Baker and to his left is Tracy Ringelsby. Vernon Wells is scheduled to be the big free agent of the next class and he had just done some work for ESPN with Baker. Baker has no idea really anything about Wells asking Ringlesby the most basic questions that 99% of all nfbcers would know. Has no idea he is going to be a free agent. I just kind of shook my head. Could not shake that or Kevin Kennedy in one of those 1980's adidas full sweat suits. Bottom line Baker is even dumber than you think. Doesn't surprise me. I thought he was a decent hire when the Cubs brought him to town - hadn't paid much attention to him in his prior stints back then. Later on in his tenure with the Cubs I would just sit there and shake my head and tell my wife how he was about to blow the game for the Cubs by leaving a pitcher in too long or some other dumb move, and he never failed. Torre, Baker and Lasorda - three guys I'd be happy if I never saw or heard from again around baseball. [/QUOTE]To me Lasorda is the worst. The entire bleed Dodger blue makes me want to puke. Also I honestly thinks he thinks he is a lot smarter than everyone else. Listen to him explain the most basic thought about baseball....
[/QUOTE]Agree, and plenty of stories around LA about how much of a ***** he was when the cameras weren't rolling. Big ego, small mind, bad combo.

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:32 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

[/QUOTE]Agree, and plenty of stories around LA about how much of a ***** he was when the cameras weren't rolling. Big ego, small mind, bad combo.
[/QUOTE]funny I was going to add the same thing

He was legendary for keeping everyone on pins and needles around him at dodgertown. BTW IMO Dodgertown was the greatest place to watch a baseball game in the history of the planet.