If you paid for NFBC fees with an Amex card

whipsaw

Post by whipsaw » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:44 am

You should have received an email regarding this, but for those not receiving the NFBC emails, Amex did not charge all of the fees initially back before the season started and are now processing charges to your Amex card.

Additionally, if you bought packages of events at a discount, please be sure to take a look at the total amount you have been charged - NFBC initially overcharged my card without taking into account the discounts they offered. I have no idea if their fraudulent charges in my case have sparked them to look for other instances where customers were overcharged, so beware.

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:00 am

Originally posted by whipsaw:

You should have received an email regarding this, but for those not receiving the NFBC emails, Amex did not charge all of the fees initially back before the season started and are now processing charges to your Amex card.

Additionally, if you bought packages of events at a discount, please be sure to take a look at the total amount you have been charged - NFBC initially overcharged my card without taking into account the discounts they offered. I have no idea if their fraudulent charges in my case have sparked them to look for other instances where customers were overcharged, so beware. You should really brush up on the defintion of a couple of words. Fraud, mistake, and discretion.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:57 am

Additionally, if you bought packages of events at a discount, please be sure to take a look at the total amount you have been charged - NFBC initially overcharged my card without taking into account the discounts they offered. I have no idea if their fraudulent charges in my case have sparked them to look for other instances where customers were overcharged, so beware. Ryan, Tom has explained to you over and over again what happened and yet you continue to accuse us of wrongdoing. I'll explain it to all right here:

In March, for some reason American Express contacted STATS and said they would no longer process NFBC charges because they had reservations about our game. We explained to them that this was not gambling, that we are doing exactly what the fantasy carveout language in the Anti-Internet Gambling Law called for and we are no different than other fantasy games that they run charges for. They didn't agree and we no longer can use American Express for any of our charges, baseball or football. This is a decision by American Express, not us.

On the day they stopped running charges we were told that all charges had gone through. It was just recently during an overview that we were told the final day of charges never went through. That affected a dozen or so owners and we contacted all of them last week -- a full four months after all of them should have paid in full -- to let them know their cards were never hit. We hit them for that amount last week and everyone understood except for one person.

It's funny that none of those owners alerted us to the non-charge, but that's okay. We discovered the error and everyone paid in full last week. We sure wish we had the money four months ago and in fact we wish we could use AmEx going forward, but they did this, not us.

No one else was affected who was charged by AmEx before this final day of charges. It was just those on that one day when AmEx stopped running NFBC charges. And we didn't accept AmEx after that. Sorry for the problems. It wasn't something we created.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:30 am

Today was originally scheduled to be the day that I stopped butting in to other people's business but then this happened.

So you never pay the man, never bring it to his attention and he is the fraudulent one...

whipsaw

Post by whipsaw » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:08 pm

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

Today was originally scheduled to be the day that I stopped butting in to other people's business but then this happened.

So you never pay the man, never bring it to his attention and he is the fraudulent one... Are you really that dense? Read the last paragraph of my OP. They overcharged my card without taking into account discounts I was due.

whipsaw

Post by whipsaw » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:12 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by whipsaw:

Additionally, if you bought packages of events at a discount, please be sure to take a look at the total amount you have been charged - NFBC initially overcharged my card without taking into account the discounts they offered. I have no idea if their fraudulent charges in my case have sparked them to look for other instances where customers were overcharged, so beware. Ryan, Tom has explained to you over and over again what happened and yet you continue to accuse us of wrongdoing. I'll explain it to all right here:

In March, for some reason American Express contacted STATS and said they would no longer process NFBC charges because they had reservations about our game. We explained to them that this was not gambling, that we are doing exactly what the fantasy carveout language in the Anti-Internet Gambling Law called for and we are no different than other fantasy games that they run charges for. They didn't agree and we no longer can use American Express for any of our charges, baseball or football. This is a decision by American Express, not us.

On the day they stopped running charges we were told that all charges had gone through. It was just recently during an overview that we were told the final day of charges never went through. That affected a dozen or so owners and we contacted all of them last week -- a full four months after all of them should have paid in full -- to let them know their cards were never hit. We hit them for that amount last week and everyone understood except for one person.

It's funny that none of those owners alerted us to the non-charge, but that's okay. We discovered the error and everyone paid in full last week. We sure wish we had the money four months ago and in fact we wish we could use AmEx going forward, but they did this, not us.

No one else was affected who was charged by AmEx before this final day of charges. It was just those on that one day when AmEx stopped running NFBC charges. And we didn't accept AmEx after that. Sorry for the problems. It wasn't something we created.
[/QUOTE]Greg-

True or false - NFBC overcharged my card compared to what I owed?

True or false - I notified the NFBC of the error, rather than the other way around?

I was simply trying to alert people that certain accounting errors were made regarding Amex charges and to compare what they were charged against what they owed. The lateness of the charges had nothing to do with this thread other than to alert people that they were showing up (in case they didn't get the email). I have no problem with NFBC getting my money, I'd just rather they not take more than I owe.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:25 pm

Ryan, whatever happened with that first charge was resolved quickly after you alerted Tom. It had nothing to do with American Express. Your post above could have been made in March while accusing us of deliberately overcharging you when in fact it was an error that was corrected quickly.

But it looks like two strikes and we're out with you. Sorry.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Whipsaw, if what you're doing with this thread is just alerting other customers to potential accounting mistakes that led to overcharging, that's cool and I'm sure appreciated.

However, your original & followup posts do come off as very accusatory.

My experiences here lead me to believe that the neglect in originally applying your discounts has to be oversight. My personal experiences with Greg & Tom have been nothing short of exemplary in this regard.

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

quote:Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

So you never pay the man, never bring it to his attention and he is the fraudulent one... Are you really that dense? Read the last paragraph of my OP. They overcharged my card without taking into account discounts I was due.
[/QUOTE]Yes I am and I write way too many commas too.

whipsaw

Post by whipsaw » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

quote:Originally posted by whipsaw:

quote:Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

[/QUOTE]Yes I am and I write way too many commas too.
[/QUOTE]Oh snap you sure got me there!

TOXIC ASSETS

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Wow, another example of clueless Corporate America --- that would be American Express....

Atlas

Post by Atlas » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Ha!

AMEX actually reduced my card limit when they spotted payments being made to a vendor they apparently didn't feel was a good credit risk....my divorce attorney!

True story.