help or advice

WOODERSON

help or advice

Post by WOODERSON » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:44 am

I have a question I would like to present to all long standing members and tech savvy players. I have been involved in both nffc & nfbc events and love them both, but I have a major flaw in trying to compete to the best of my ability and am trying to figure out whats the best way to fix. I dont have access to a computer most of the day & countless times I haven't been able to meet the lineup deadline meaning I have to set my lineup after free agent bidding is over and hope the players are indeed in a mlb lineup and dont get released or break a thumbnail, etc....so I would like to purchase something that I can carry with me at all times, have wireless access, in an outdoor atmosphere ( no connections/outlets ) that would enable me to check espn latest news, have access to nffc/nfbc so I can set my best possible lineup 10 or 15 minutes before the deadline instead of the night before. I see these tablets that look interesting especially in size as my sight isnt the best, but could any of you give me suggestions on what you've tried and liked that might help me

Sack

help or advice

Post by Sack » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:40 am

Wooderson,

Since the inception of the NFBC, I've always been able to meet the deadlines and changes while at work by using my Mom!s computer. She passed away this past February and that option was no longer available to me. I purchased the Apple ( IPAD 2 ) tablet for about $750. I pay about $35 per month to Verizon for Internet access. One of the best investments I've ever made. Especially in keeping up with our hobby.

You can check out the various options that fit your likes/needs online at a store like best buy. I would also spend another $50 to protect your IPad with a sturdy case. You won't regret the purchase. B & H out of NYC also has a large quantity and you can order via the telephone/online. Hope this helps.

[ September 07, 2011, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Sack ]

Scott Boras

help or advice

Post by Scott Boras » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:35 am

Have to agree. NFBC is about the only thing I use iPad for. It's lightweight, easy to hold, easy to see, and performs all the functions you will need for this game.

Dub

help or advice

Post by Dub » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:59 am

Apple II tablet = Ipad 2. (Sack PC'd the name).

There are two types- make sure you get the one that allows for a broadband connection.

Also, Verizon has the better network- but A T&T only charges you when you use it.

Good Luck
"I don't remmeber what I don't remember.”- Jerry Garcia

WOODERSON

help or advice

Post by WOODERSON » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:45 am

Thanks, Fellas,

really appreciate the help!!!!!!