Matt Herges Support Group

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed May 11, 2005 6:21 am

There will be a weekly meeting every Thursday night at 7:00 in the community center located in Collectivedumbasses, USA for those of us who spent big FA bucks on Matt Herges to see him get lit up in the 7th or 8th inning (i.e. he is long since in the showers by the time the 9th comes around) this last week and a half.

Crow will be served up cold with luke warm low carb beer to cry in.

Entertainment will be offered by a man who claims to be able to understand what all of the "pros" and "insiders" REALLY mean when they write up their projections on who has the highest probability of filling in once a starter goes down with injury.

Afterwards, a few rounds of wailing and grouching will occur to help us all feel better. We will then all hold and sing "Kum-Ba-Ya". We will close with a selected reading from the NFBC Rules. See you there!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

TheKing

Post by TheKing » Wed May 11, 2005 2:15 pm

Can Dyv and I attend as guest speakers? We'll be presenting on the impact of spending $290 and $230 respectively on the bad, bad Emil Brown. The baddest Royal in the whole damn town.
"When your strategy is deep and far reaching, what you gain by your calculations can allow you to win before you fight."

PittIsIt95

Post by PittIsIt95 » Thu May 12, 2005 12:48 am

I think you may want to invite the Brower bidders as well. He is getting bombed in the 6th inning of games :D

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu May 12, 2005 2:48 am

OK...everybody is invited...we will need a bigger room.... :D
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Thu May 12, 2005 9:31 am

Originally posted by TheKing:

Can Dyv and I attend as guest speakers? We'll be presenting on the impact of spending $290 and $230 respectively on the bad, bad Emil Brown. The baddest Royal in the whole damn town. Bigger than a junkyard dog...

lol, he's working on reverting to his mean at this point ;)

D
Just Some Guy

Leaderboard Sports

Post by Leaderboard Sports » Thu May 12, 2005 8:11 pm

I guess LV 9 wasn't so dumb after all for only bidding $17 on him.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Fri May 13, 2005 2:09 am

Originally posted by Leaderboard Sports:

I guess LV 9 wasn't so dumb after all for only bidding $17 on him. Actually, $17 in a main event league might still be kind of stupid... we're talking about AL Auctions. ;)
Just Some Guy

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri May 13, 2005 2:40 am

The LV9 $17 Dollar Club is actually the caterer to the event serving up the crow we (the less informed among us) are having to eat...
Charles Krauthammer

Leaderboard Sports

Post by Leaderboard Sports » Fri May 13, 2005 11:13 am

;) .

We're talking about free agent bids Dyv, you've got to keep up. We can't keep waiting on you. Don't make me stop this car and come back there and smack you. ;)

Did Herges get traded to the AL?? :confused:

[ May 13, 2005, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Leaderboard Sports ]