Power Outage

Edwards Kings

Power Outage

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon May 23, 2005 7:40 am

I recognize I did not draft any real huge power studs like Pujols or Roberts, but I did think I drafted a solid team of a few 30+ candidates (Matsui, Rolen, Green) with 15 to 20+ pop (Millar, Ibanez, Vidro, Posada, Casey, Cruz) and more with double digit potential (Renteria, Stewart).

Dispute if you want, but I felt it was solid, respectable power (say 300+ HRs, good enough for 10 to 12 points). I guess you could say that I am hoping for a power surge and soon!

Where I am now is I have only 44 HRs but I have 46 SBs! I have Lugo, W. Taveras, and Vizquel leading the way there. This is the first time in 20+ years in fantasy baseball that I have more SBs than HRs at this point in the season.

Is anyone else under similar (more SB than HR) out there?
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Dyv

Power Outage

Post by Dyv » Mon May 23, 2005 10:22 am

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

I recognize I did not draft any real huge power studs like Pujols or Roberts, but I did think I drafted a solid team of a few 30+ candidates (Matsui, Rolen, Green) with 15 to 20+ pop (Millar, Ibanez, Vidro, Posada, Casey, Cruz) and more with double digit potential (Renteria, Stewart).

Dispute if you want, but I felt it was solid, respectable power (say 300+ HRs, good enough for 10 to 12 points). I guess you could say that I am hoping for a power surge and soon!

Where I am now is I have only 44 HRs but I have 46 SBs! I have Lugo, W. Taveras, and Vizquel leading the way there. This is the first time in 20+ years in fantasy baseball that I have more SBs than HRs at this point in the season.

Is anyone else under similar (more SB than HR) out there? I was over/under just like that until Bobby "Hank Aaron" Abreu went on his recent tear...

I'll take any stats at this point in the season... heck, for the next 60 days any stats for the cumulative categories in any quantity. The dingers will heat up, hang in there.

Dave
Just Some Guy

Edwards Kings

Power Outage

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue May 24, 2005 5:27 am

Thanks, Dave.

Thought I was losing it for a minute there. Thought I would have to relent and start playing (SHUDDER!) Fantasy Football!

The horror...the horror...

:eek:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

nydownunder

Power Outage

Post by nydownunder » Tue May 24, 2005 6:31 am

Compared to last year's finishes, HR's are down at the following point levels:

150 -12%

200 -10%

250 -10%

275 -7%

My team's HR projections are down 8% as well. Still too early to tell if you ask me.
Wagga Wagga Dingoes (NY#4)
Luck is where preparation meets opportunity!