Some join for the money...

Jon_Ashton

Post by Jon_Ashton » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:20 pm

...and/or the simple love of the game...

But what about those who might be lured to join by the chance to obtain glorious recognition in the fantasy gaming world by being crowned the NFBC 2004 champ?

Greg, anything you can let them know of as far as the publicity that will go along with the NFBC competition? Like what publication(s) should the winner expect to grace the pages of?

Jon

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:04 pm

Hey Jon, let's make a deal here... if either one of our teams wins the 100k - you take the fame, I'll take the fortune... ;)

Dave
Just Some Guy

Jon_Ashton

Post by Jon_Ashton » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:55 pm

I'd actually prefer the fortune too

Just trying to toss Greg a softball so he can tout the fact (I'm assuming here) that Fantasy Sports Magazine will give some coverage to this event/contest/the winner.

The lure of fame may be enough to tip the scales for some fence-sitters to jump in...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:23 am

I didn't reply yet because we have been working on that concept and hope to have a GOOD answer shortly. There's no question that Fantasy Sports Magazine will play up the winner in next year's Fantasy Sports Magazine baseball issue. That's a given. Hell, my wife even works in the four-color scanning department here and can use photo shop on any of our winners if they're ugly!!! She can touch up those rough spots and even turn someone like Dyv into Ben Affleck.

There's no doubt we'll crank up the PR machine at season's end to acknowledge our winner and our goal is even to acknowledge the leaders from week-to-week within ads in certain publications. We'll need a sponsor to make that happen, but we'd like the entire baseball world to follow our championship race and have everyone know who's leading each week. Again, all of this is on the table and we're working to make it happen eventually and we'll see how it plays out this year. But trust me, if you win the NFBC there will be recognition nationwide, not just in Fantasy Sports Magazine.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:00 am

Holy smokes - your wife can make me look like Ben? I could get J-Lo back? Okay, nevermind the fortune... ;)

I can tell you one thing for damn sure - if I was Ben Affleck, there's no way I'd put on that tight red Daredevil outfit and swing around the place... what a crappy movie.

D
Just Some Guy