On Line Main Event

Don M

On Line Main Event

Post by Don M » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:59 pm

Will the on line main event be held on MDC?

Greg Ambrosius

On Line Main Event

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:28 am

Originally posted by Don M:

Will the on line main event be held on MDC? No, but all of that will be explained in the next week. Geoff Stein, formerly of MDC.com, has been hired to handle all of our online drafts along with another venture. You can feel safe that we have this plan in hand and the 2 or 3 online main events we host will be run smoothly with Geoff in charge.

Don, if you are thinking about joining this option this year, contact me at [email protected] ASAP. The price remains $1350 through Feb. 1st. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

billywaz

On Line Main Event

Post by billywaz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:20 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by Don M:

Will the on line main event be held on MDC? Don, if you are thinking about joining this option this year, contact me at [email protected] ASAP. The price remains $1350 through Feb. 1st. Thanks. [/QUOTE]Greg,

Does this mean there is a price increase if you do not sign up through today??? :confused:

Hard Heads

On Line Main Event

Post by Hard Heads » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:59 am

Why would the price go up? $1350 is not part of a special package price and is the price of the main event entry. Unless the price was going down, but then why would Greg tell him to e-mail him asap. Interesting....
Hard Heads

Catch

On Line Main Event

Post by Catch » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:45 am

Greg has already given details for the online version under topic: NFBC To Offer Online Option For NFBC Main Event

Here is a few sentences to answer your questions: We are not going to include the phone option as part of this, but we will have one person on call for these leagues and they will run as smoothly as an online satellite league we offer. Cost is $1350 including a $50 Events Fee and online members will get the same giveaways as those at the live events (via mail).

billywaz

On Line Main Event

Post by billywaz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:03 am

Originally posted by Catch:

Greg has already given details for the online version under topic: NFBC To Offer Online Option For NFBC Main Event

Here is a few sentences to answer your questions: We are not going to include the phone option as part of this, but we will have one person on call for these leagues and they will run as smoothly as an online satellite league we offer. Cost is $1350 including a $50 Events Fee and online members will get the same giveaways as those at the live events (via mail). I saw that Catch.

Just wondering why he said "through February 1st"?

Catch

On Line Main Event

Post by Catch » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:17 am

Nice CATCH. My bad. I have no clue why today would be a deadline date.

Dak

On Line Main Event

Post by Dak » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:32 am

Cuz the fees going up!

Greg Ambrosius

On Line Main Event

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:33 am

Originally posted by billywaz:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Will the on line main event be held on MDC? Don, if you are thinking about joining this option this year, contact me at [email protected] ASAP. The price remains $1350 through Feb. 1st. Thanks. [/QUOTE]Greg,

Does this mean there is a price increase if you do not sign up through today??? :confused:
[/QUOTE]Billy, I didn't answer this one yesterday but I will today. Our goal is to offer customers who absolutely, positively can't make it to the NFBC live main event a viable option to still participate in the $100,000 grand prize. We have contacted some of our customers who we know just can't make it physically to a live draft and given them this option at $1350. We have contacted all of the Orlando participants from last year and told them this option is available right now at $1350 and so far I think we have 23 signups.

I want to keep this price open until we fill two online leagues and then concentrate my efforts on the live events. If we offer a third online league for the main event it will have a $100 Events Fee. We're being upfront about that now.

As everyone knows, we want to grow the live portion of the main event. We know folks are taking a lot of time out of their busy schedules and paying a lot of money to travel to these locations and draft live. We want to keep that part of our contest growing and fair for everyone. That being said, the online option was offered as a courtesy for those who absolutely couldn't make it to the live event and hopefully they can sign up as part of the first 30 online participants and get in at $1350.

If folks feel the additional $50 now is unfair, we'll understand that. Some question why their is any Events Fee for this to begin with, but there are expenses involved and staff assigned to this. If we fill two leagues for this and move on that's fine because then everyone had a shot to do this. If we do offer it at $1400 and the extra cost is too much to bare for folks, then we'll stick with 30 online teams and work our asses off to fill up the live events.

We are building the live events business. That's our No. 1 goal. If you know the online option is the only way you can play in the main event this year, then sign up ASAP at $1350 because yes we are going to raise that portion to $1400 after two full leagues and/or just concentrate on the live drafts. Our Online Double Play is available with a nice $60,000 grand prize if you just can't do the live main event or care for the added fees to the online main event.

We had two online/phone main event leagues last year and two full leagues this year is fine by me. I hope this explains everything for you. Thanks for asking.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

billywaz

On Line Main Event

Post by billywaz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:46 am

Greg,

Absolutely explains everything for me, and I have ZERO problem with charging a fee of $50 or $100 (but glad I got in at $50! :D ) as there are obvious added expenses.

Just keep doing what you guys are doing, it's ALL GOOD! :D

Heels

On Line Main Event

Post by Heels » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:52 am

quote:Originally posted by billywaz:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]Billy, I didn't answer this one yesterday but I will today. Our goal is to offer customers who absolutely, positively can't make it to the NFBC live main event a viable option to still participate in the $100,000 grand prize. We have contacted some of our customers who we know just can't make it physically to a live draft and given them this option at $1350. We have contacted all of the Orlando participants from last year and told them this option is available right now at $1350 and so far I think we have 23 signups.

I want to keep this price open until we fill two online leagues and then concentrate my efforts on the live events. If we offer a third online league for the main event it will have a $100 Events Fee. We're being upfront about that now.

As everyone knows, we want to grow the live portion of the main event. We know folks are taking a lot of time out of their busy schedules and paying a lot of money to travel to these locations and draft live. We want to keep that part of our contest growing and fair for everyone. That being said, the online option was offered as a courtesy for those who absolutely couldn't make it to the live event and hopefully they can sign up as part of the first 30 online participants and get in at $1350.

If folks feel the additional $50 now is unfair, we'll understand that. Some question why their is any Events Fee for this to begin with, but there are expenses involved and staff assigned to this. If we fill two leagues for this and move on that's fine because then everyone had a shot to do this. If we do offer it at $1400 and the extra cost is too much to bare for folks, then we'll stick with 30 online teams and work our asses off to fill up the live events.

We are building the live events business. That's our No. 1 goal. If you know the online option is the only way you can play in the main event this year, then sign up ASAP at $1350 because yes we are going to raise that portion to $1400 after two full leagues and/or just concentrate on the live drafts. Our Online Double Play is available with a nice $60,000 grand prize if you just can't do the live main event or care for the added fees to the online main event.

We had two online/phone main event leagues last year and two full leagues this year is fine by me. I hope this explains everything for you. Thanks for asking.
[/QUOTE]Greg,

When will you be releasing the details surrounding who will be hosting the online drafts (main event and double play)? Will we be able to adjust our personal rankings as we have been able to do with MDC in the past?

Thanks,

Greg Ambrosius

On Line Main Event

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:53 am

Jeff, we hope to announce all of that this week. And yes, you most definitely will be able to load in your own rankings. We hired Geoff for a reason and one of them is to tell us how to do all of this!!! :D It's all good and you'll have plenty of time to test out the draft software and prepare, free of charge. Everyone will be able to use this for free and you'll love it.

More details by the end of the week.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Heels

On Line Main Event

Post by Heels » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:37 pm

Jeff, we hope to announce all of that this week. And yes, you most definitely will be able to load in your own rankings. We hired Geoff for a reason and one of them is to tell us how to do all of this!!! :D It's all good and you'll have plenty of time to test out the draft software and prepare, free of charge. Everyone will be able to use this for free and you'll love it.

More details by the end of the week. Sounds good, thanks for the quick reply!

Greg Ambrosius

On Line Main Event

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:29 pm

One other point I want to make about the online option for the main event is that if we really only cared about the final number of teams and final revenue total, we'd open up both weekends for the online option. There is no question we could add another two leagues online that first weekend. But growing the main event through NFBC owners taking multiple teams online isn't our goal. We want folks to join us live on that first weekend and live the second weekend, too. Again, if they absolutely can't make it to the live event then the second weekend online is an option.

I don't want to take away from Shawn's online chat tomorrow night because I know that will be very popular and I would pale in comparison, but if all goes as planned I want to do a Live Chat on Friday afternoon so that everyone can have open access to ask me about anything NFBC related and anything else related to our space. Hopefully I can answer any other questions live and in person. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Dak

On Line Main Event

Post by Dak » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:36 am

Actually, it looks as though St. Louis, with one league, will be more expensive to run than the on-line leagues.

Ryan E. Houston

On Line Main Event

Post by Ryan E. Houston » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:20 am

St. Louis will be our cheapest event to run regardless of how many teams we get. We have a great relationship with the staff / ownership at that location. It is literally within walking distance of Fanball HQ.

Greg and I wagered a corona on if we'd get one league in STL -- and we are going to have at least that.

We have done zero marketing to our local base and we'll start the process shortly.

St. Louis will be a great event -- plenty of food and drinks for everyone!