Unlisted players

GoodWood

Unlisted players

Post by GoodWood » Mon May 03, 2010 9:18 am

It seems some prospects are in the player database thereby an owner can use FAAB to grab them, but there are also quite a few that aren't listed. What does it take to get a player added?

thanks

Greg Ambrosius

Unlisted players

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 04, 2010 6:05 am

Originally posted by GoodWood:

It seems some prospects are in the player database thereby an owner can use FAAB to grab them, but there are also quite a few that aren't listed. What does it take to get a player added?

thanks The player would have had to have been drafted or in your player pool at the start of the season. Once they are drafted in your league, they remain available in free agency even if they got sent down to the minors. But if someone was never drafted in your league and is in the minors, then they won't be eligible to be picked up in your league until they are called up to the majors. Then they are open season to be bid on.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

viper

Unlisted players

Post by viper » Wed May 05, 2010 10:33 am

as a followup, if I see a minor league player on my league's free agent wire, am I required to check and see if he was drafted or pickup up in week one or can I safely assume he is available?

We have never had to worry about this issue before but this is a new year. I already double check any semi-questionable position eligibility based on several instances of bad eligibility assignments.