State Eligibilty-MD

shane

State Eligibilty-MD

Post by shane » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:42 am

I hope this is the correct section to post this. I know other fantasy sites don't allow Maryland residents to participate in their game. Does the same apply for this site? I have seen MD residents have participated in past years but wanted to verify this would still hold true for the 2012 season. I scoured the site and did not come across any rules barring MD residents but saw Greg post that there were some legalities holding up registration so I apologize if I'm early in asking. Thanks for your help and hopefully I will be able to participate in the upcoming season.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: State Eligibilty-MD

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:50 am

That will be resolved today and we'll have that answer shortly. The new rules for all of our events can't be posted until we resolve this issue. Washington state will definitely be one of the exempt states, unfortunately, and we'll explain why later. And anyone from Washington who has a question can contact me at [email protected] or at 715-254-5553.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

shane

Post by shane » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 am

Not the resounding "Of course all Maryland residents are welcome!" I was hoping for but I understand. I will keep checking back throughout the next few weeks to see if a decision has been made. Thanks for your quick response and help Greg.

Paperboys

Post by Paperboys » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:51 am

Are there any more states in question?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:52 pm

Yes. We're working through that now and it's what is causing the delay of our rules. Sorry. Hopefully we can talk about this in the next day or two and move forward with our contest.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:20 am

shane wrote:I hope this is the correct section to post this. I know other fantasy sites don't allow Maryland residents to participate in their game. Does the same apply for this site? I have seen MD residents have participated in past years but wanted to verify this would still hold true for the 2012 season. I scoured the site and did not come across any rules barring MD residents but saw Greg post that there were some legalities holding up registration so I apologize if I'm early in asking. Thanks for your help and hopefully I will be able to participate in the upcoming season.
Just an update here: I do not believe Maryland residents will have anything to fear about playing in the NFBC. It is not likely to be part of the exempt states. But again, Washington definitely will be as the state contacted us and made that request. We will explain once we have the legal issues ironed out. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:49 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote: Just an update here: I do not believe Maryland residents will have anything to fear about playing in the NFBC. It is not likely to be part of the exempt states. But again, Washington definitely will be as the state contacted us and made that request. We will explain once we have the legal issues ironed out. Thanks all.
No more Walla Walla ? So it ain't so Joe :o

Dawg

Post by Dawg » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Hey Greg,

Was Washington the only state that barred its residents from playing this year?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Dawg wrote:Hey Greg,

Was Washington the only state that barred its residents from playing this year?
I will discuss this in a separate thread soon. It's part of what has caused the delay in Registration. There will be more states involved and honestly it's something we as an industry need to resolve soon. Sorry for being vague, but I'll explain soon.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius