Newbie Question

OaktownSteve

Newbie Question

Post by OaktownSteve » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:30 am

Is there a source of historical NFBC meta-data (past auction results, category totals and standings, etc.) available to players?

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Newbie Question

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:51 am

OaktownSteve wrote:Is there a source of historical NFBC meta-data (past auction results, category totals and standings, etc.) available to players?
Kind of. Once you sign up for a team in the NFBC, you then can click on that team link and under a STANDINGS link there is a pulldown for Overall. Click there and you'll see the overall standings from the 390 teams in the NFBC Main Event along with results for all 10 categories for all 390 teams. The same information is available for every year of the Main Event (except for 2010), broken down by stat categories. The 2011 Auction Championship results have a link as well.

Again, you need to sign up for an event to get this info, but it's available for all NFBC members. I hope this helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

OaktownSteve

Post by OaktownSteve » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:13 am

Thanks! I did in fact sign up for the auction championship and was able to find the standings. It looks as though there is no way to see the results of previous years auctions, however. Is that correct?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:50 am

OaktownSteve wrote:Thanks! I did in fact sign up for the auction championship and was able to find the standings. It looks as though there is no way to see the results of previous years auctions, however. Is that correct?
Correct. We just started the Auction Championship in 2010 and we don't have those results loaded yet. They came from Fanball when we were under their management and the transfer of that data is not going easily. So sorry.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

OaktownSteve

Post by OaktownSteve » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks Greg and no need to appologize at all. I do data conversion analysis as part of my job, so I sympathize with your plight. Good luck!