Oakland/Seattle on March 28th/29th

*Diamond-Kings*

Oakland/Seattle on March 28th/29th

Post by *Diamond-Kings* » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:17 pm

How does this work for drafters that are scheduled to draft after these two games are completed? Has this been addressed?

Captain Hook

Re: Oakland/Seattle on March 28th/29th

Post by Captain Hook » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:26 pm

The games count as part of Week 1

(same as drafting a FF team after the first game on Thursday night with the rest on Sunday)

*Diamond-Kings*

Post by *Diamond-Kings* » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:06 pm

Thank you for the response, however, I''m a first timer...so I don't know how it works in Fantasy Football.

Regardless, what I'm gathering is that if you draft a player that happens to be on one of those two teams, (even though you know their stats......which doesn't mean much considering there is 160 games left) you can count them towards your week 1 stats.

Is that correct?

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:27 pm

Yes

bjesko

Post by bjesko » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:23 am

So let me get this straight. If we have Oakland or Seattle players, we can watch both games in Japan, and then decide after the fact whether or not to include these players in our active roster for week 1? Seems like the more likely scenario is these players will be locked 5 mins before game time, like in other cases...?

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:16 am

from the general discussion forum.....
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
mattjb wrote:I think the rules are clear but just wanted to make sure I have it right...

The two games in japan. If you have players in those games you get to decide if they are in your week 1 line up after the games.

The there is 1 game on Wednesday 4th & 7 games on Thursday 5th...

Am I right that we can change our hitting line up on Friday 6th as usual in that first week?
Yes, everyone in all contests get to watch the two games in Japan and decide their Week 1 lineups after that. There are games on April 4th and 5th. Hitters can be moved out on April 6th for the weekend games. This is for all NFBC contests. Good luck all.

And btw the best thing to do on ANY rules question is not to post here where it may not get seen but email or call Greg or Tom directly

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:08 pm

if the above is the way you want it handled- the topic should be labeled " to ask the nfbc a question- do NOT post here. send us an e-mail.

Money

Post by Money » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:43 pm

headhunters wrote:if the above is the way you want it handled- the topic should be labeled " to ask the nfbc a question- do NOT post here. send us an e-mail.
You can feel the tension in the posts as we draw near the first weekend of Main Event drafts. It's almost here fella's, no more slow drafts to gripe about, the real deal is just around the corner. :D
Joe

Zman

Post by Zman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:40 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Yes, everyone in all contests get to watch the two games in Japan and decide their Week 1 lineups after that. There are games on April 4th and 5th. Hitters can be moved out on April 6th for the weekend games. This is for all NFBC contests. Good luck all.

[/quote]

Can you believe someone could say that with a straight face? The problem is not that "everyone" gets to watch the games and then decide their lineups, it's that "everyone" has not drafted yet.
But that's the most asinine rule I think I've ever heard. Would it not be logical to just ignore what happens in Japan in March? I mean this is a contest that is decided by the smallest of margins in the standings. Just a few runs or rbi can make a huge difference. But my guess is the software would have to be updated and I'm sure no one at the NFBC or Stats feels like dealing with that issue. Or as the queen once said " Let them eat cake. "
No need to send out the "bot's" guys. Just my opinion.
Long live the NFBC

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:00 pm

i think everyone will get to see those games because weel one won't lock until the games are played and everyone drafts

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Money wrote:
headhunters wrote:if the above is the way you want it handled- the topic should be labeled " to ask the nfbc a question- do NOT post here. send us an e-mail.
You can feel the tension in the posts as we draw near the first weekend of Main Event drafts. It's almost here fella's, no more slow drafts to gripe about, the real deal is just around the corner. :D
some people are realizing they are so far behind the 8-ball with prep work they are getting a sinking feeling in their stomach. and they are slowly realizing there is no escape. it is inevitable :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Zman

Post by Zman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:39 pm

headhunters wrote:i think everyone will get to see those games because weel one won't lock until the games are played and everyone drafts
I think Greg said it all

"For one thing, when the live events are gone then I'll be gone. Running dozens of online drafts is a job for the young computer kids who don't know how to socialize, meet and greet, and drink beers with their customers. That's what I'm good at. So when there comes a day when the NFBC is just all online, trust me, I'll be gone and some 22-year-old snot sniffing Columbia grad will be running the NFBC."

Personally I wish I had the funds to meet and greet and drink beers while drafting live. It really does sound like a blast I just wish the actual fantasy baseball was a little more organized. But when in Rome..............