Waiver Wire

*Diamond-Kings*

Waiver Wire

Post by *Diamond-Kings* » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:09 pm

I have submitted a few Pending Waiver Bids already and I am unsure what "add conditional" means. Can someone help explain this to me and why this is beneficial??

Thanks!

Atlas

Re: Waiver Wire

Post by Atlas » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:15 pm

A couple of scenarios...
1. Let's say you absolutely need a second catcher because one went down with injury. You would bid on the first catcher you prefer, then list the second catcher, in case someone else outbids you on the first, and so on, and so on.

2. In the event you want to dump someone who is, say, out for the season....you list the first player you prefer (any postion) and then the second player you want,(in case the first player is out bid) and so on and so on.

3. Or you simply want to add more than one player, but only want to make one roster drop. You list them in preferance
order with equal or descending bid points.

The point being is that you have a second or third or fourth option in the event you're outbid for the prior.

If you think about it, I'm sure you can come up with many more scenarios.

Hope this helps.

*Diamond-Kings*

Post by *Diamond-Kings* » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:08 am

Thank you for the explaination. That does help.

I still have a question on how to actually apply the "add conditional" like you explained above.

For example:

Let's say my #1 waiver claim right now is Ryan Braun for $100....and I want to drop Matt Kemp.
Do I list Matt Kemp's name with the "add conditional"? or do I do that with my next waiver claim.
Does my next waiver claim (#2) need to be the one with the "add conditional" highlighted?

For example:
I leave the Ryan Braun for Matt Kemp waiver claim alone.
My #2 waiver claim is Albert Pujols for $100.......and I want to drop Matt Kemp.
Is it this time that I list Matt Kemp's name as add conditional? And then if someone else in the league puts a bid on Ryan Braun for $101 and I lose out on Braun, it then goes down to my Pujols drop?

So really....my question is which player do I add the "add conditional" to? Is it all tied to who I choose to drop?

Wouldn't it work the same way even if I didn't add the "add conditional" to the drop? I would just get the next player listed. That is why I'm confused.

Thank you in advance to whomever responds.

Atlas

Post by Atlas » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Okay..now I'm a little confused..lol

When you set a conditional bid, you don't have to drop the same player.

For instance..
You want player pitcher as your primary and an outfielder as your secondary(conditional) bid.
You may want to drop a pitcher if you win the primary, but hold on to that pitcher and drop an outfielder if you need to take the conditional bid.

If you make two separate bids --without conditional--on two separate players, you can't/shouldn't drop the same player for both. Think about it...if you win BOTH bids..you have to drop TWO players to make room on the roster.

I don't know how the computer would handle it if you were awarded one...then didn't have the player to drop for the second, even thhough you were, again, the high bid. I guess you would be passed over and automatically lose that bid.