Slow Draft Sign Ups

bjesko

Slow Draft Sign Ups

Post by bjesko » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:27 am

I tried to sign up for a slow draft, but the default signup page does not list slow drafts as an option. Anyone know if these are available yet? Also, do the $375 leagues really pay out the same amount for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd? Thanks!

DOUGHBOYS

Re: Slow Draft Sign Ups

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:41 am

Slow drafts are listed under 'Championship Drafts'.

Yes, the payout for $375 drafts are the same for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

bjesko

Post by bjesko » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:08 pm

Thanks. I wonder why the payout structure is so different given they are both the same slow draft format? Did anyone play a $375 game to know if it was this way last year with even payouts for top 3? Also, the rules seem to be missing, or there is some sort of script error downloading the rules page, FYI to staff.

Looking forward to a great year!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:01 am

bjesko wrote:Thanks. I wonder why the payout structure is so different given they are both the same slow draft format? Did anyone play a $375 game to know if it was this way last year with even payouts for top 3? Also, the rules seem to be missing, or there is some sort of script error downloading the rules page, FYI to staff.

Looking forward to a great year!
We have been running these Draft Champions style leagues for about 4 years now and the idea to do these "slow drafts" was actually proposed by our customers. They wanted something like this with two different price points.

The $150 DC pays out more for first place and second place than third place. The $375 DC is set up this way because we felt that with folks drafting these teams so early in the off-season we didn't want to put so much emphasis on first place prize money with so much time between drafts and Opening Day and so much money on the line. We felt it made sense to let owners draft in November at this price level and despite everything that happens between November and April to reward the three best teams evenly. It seems to be a good formula since last year we had 10 $375 leagues and we're already working on our 6th league now.

I do understand if some folks would love the same type of payout percentage in the $375 as in the $150 and maybe we can do that with a final draft or two, but right now this payout makes sense for all of these early drafts. And $25 from each entry no matter the price point goes toward the overall prize pool, so that allows everyone to compete for the same overall prizes. Just the league prizes are different.

I hope this helps. Welcome aboard and good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius