Draft Champions

converge241

Draft Champions

Post by converge241 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:19 am

Morning,

Because often all teams can get so wiped out by injuries and sometimes not even be able to field a lineup; has there ever been any thought to go to more rounds - 60- 75 rounds? Same roster positions but just seems would be better for everyone to just have a few more bodies. Though its a wasteland come later rounds im sure the educated folks who play here can keep going down the depth chart

Other thought - more use out of all the MRs of the world with holds

Thx!

Edwards Kings

Re: Draft Champions

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:31 pm

I do not do a lot of DC's but if you want more comments on the topic, I would introduce it in the "General Discussion" section. This part of the Board doesn't get a lot of or at least as much notice.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

thepats

Post by thepats » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:17 pm

Oh no! More than 50 rounds is a terrible idea. I play DCs and enjoy them but most of us are ready to quit after 50. I've never run out of players and it shouldn't happen if you draft correctly.

converge241

Post by converge241 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:47 am

Just saw this now, what are the tips of drafting correctly to overcome a big wave of injuries? Every league I've done I have seen many run into it or come damn close - not ALL don't want to exaggerate

To be clear in case that comes across like a wiseass, im legit asking :)

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:33 am

I find 27 hitter, 23 pitchers (+/- 2) to be the desired split

Among the pitchers, I want 4 high K middle relievers. If they double as a backup to my own closer, that could save an extra pick for a hitter.

Multi-position eligibility is crucial, you want all spots covered. Note there are fewer of those players this season, at least at the start.

Unless a UT only comes at a huge discount, don't clog it. Only Morales and V-Mart qualify this season so not a huge deal to avoid.

Don't go overboard with prospects.

Have more reserves at your more vulnerable positions.

Try to handcuff your own catcher(s).

Don't piss off karma, some luck is needed.
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

thepats

Post by thepats » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:29 pm

I aim for 20 pitchers and four at every other position. I believe I got that from Gecko a couple years ago and it has worked well for me.

converge241

Post by converge241 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:05 am

Thanks, great thoughts/reading - every year the ratio of H/P is a game in itself

In one league that's been around since 81-82 they do draft only but have a second one later, granted sometimes its hard to find living breathing players but it is fun to
a) bring in some new blood
b) Just to have another draft experience mid season

Would imagine would be a logistics nightmare to reload player pools for DC but it was another thought percolating

Thanks again!