Tadahito Iguchi

Gordon Gekko

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:11 pm

I was quite surprised to see Tadahito Iguchi show up in Las Vegas league 4 pickups this week. I haven't heard anything about him being hurt, or about him losing PT.

Curious as to if this drop was looked into at all last week, as Iguchi, IMO, shouldn't be available in ANY league.

He's plays at a scarce position (2B) and is on pace for 75 run, 73 rbi, 12 hr, 19 sb, and a .284 average. Who are the players (at 2B and MI) that the owner kept instead of him. Please don't tell me it's N.Perez and A.Perez?!?

Also, did the owner have any other players who they could have dropped instead of Iguchi, maybe players like...

Fogg, Josh P PIT

Moehler, Brian P FLA

Seanez, Rudy P SD

Probably doesn't make too much difference in this case as the team who picked him up is 200+ overall. In the future, can all players dropped be posted on the MB, or at least give us access via STATS to see all players dropped in ALL leagues? Thanks.

MGBMARTY

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by MGBMARTY » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:42 pm

Totally agree with Gekko seems like we get an average of 20% clueless Hey Gekko any advice for me in Football Have Pick#6 in last years Champions league of which we are are drafting Wed. night Tough to concentrate on F Ball though I do have some ideas at 6 WR are a real crap shoot this year at this time RBs too Might have to go after Deuce new system and all should fall at 6 Any input?

Marty MGBS 109

Gordon Gekko

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:15 pm

Originally posted by MGBMARTY:

Totally agree with Gekko seems like we get an average of 20% clueless Hey Gekko any advice for me in Football Have Pick#6 in last years Champions league of which we are are drafting Wed. night Tough to concentrate on F Ball though I do have some ideas at 6 WR are a real crap shoot this year at this time RBs too Might have to go after Deuce new system and all should fall at 6 Any input?

Marty MGBS 109 advice - nope. i wasn't good enough to make it into that league. sorry.

sportsbettingman

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:29 pm

My advice...use a period now and then...it makes for a good read!

(Just kidding)

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Gordon Gekko

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:26 am

no update?

JerseyPaul

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by JerseyPaul » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:08 am

Maybe Gordon would like Greg to manage everybody's team. That would really be a fun league.

This is getting ridiculous.

The whole notion of not allowing a player to be dropped is wrong. This case really proves the point. I drafted Iguchi and am glad to have him but over the past 3 weeks he's batted .259. I'm sitting him for Cano who is .319 over the last 3 weeks.

There should not be such a thing as no drop. Who the heck are you to tell somebody how to manage their team.

If you want to create a "no add" list, fine. That is the better solution. The list would be the same for all leagues so it would be totally fair.

eddiejag

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by eddiejag » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:11 am

JERSEY all he said was he was quite suprised somebody cut iguchi. After the bonds callback your going to get this. IM suprised somebody cut lew ford. You do have to wonder if the guy had other guys he could have cut. I like to here what gordon and other members have to say.

NOT A BIG DEAL.
EDWARD J GILLIS

Gordon Gekko

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:15 am

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:

Maybe Gordon would like Greg to manage everybody's team. That would really be a fun league. i'd like greg to uphold the integrity of the contest. if that means disallowing moves or adding players to a "no add" list, so be it.

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:

Who the heck are you to tell somebody how to manage their team. so i should stay silent when i think something is questionable? i hope no one dreams up creative ways to offload their "Iguchi's" to teams that are very highly ranked and that can use a player at that respective position.

Edwards Kings

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:41 am

You guys are going to get really hacked when I go to drop a really good player on MY team like...let's see...who is a really good player on my team...like...ummm...

Oh, hell...who am I kidding...they all pretty much smell the place up....

:cool:
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

thinkjohn

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by thinkjohn » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:47 am

Gordon,

My partner and I have RotoSpin.com in LV4 and were suprised as well. Had we had the money, we would have been all over Iguchi.

Our bid was around 50 but we knew we had no chance at him.

Anyway, we were 2nd or 3rd overall last week and I am sure someone would have stepped in had we won the bid...

JohnZ

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by JohnZ » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:21 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

quote:Originally posted by JerseyPaul:

Maybe Gordon would like Greg to manage everybody's team. That would really be a fun league. i'd like greg to uphold the integrity of the contest. if that means disallowing moves or adding players to a "no add" list, so be it.

[/QUOTE]GG, If your so worried about the integrity of the contest, why do you frequently post that you own one team in CH 3 (not under your name), and have an "interest" in another main team?

It's probably just me, but that's just as bad as someone waiving Iguchi.

How do "I" know that the team you have another interest in isn't in the same league you have a partner in?

My point here is that, in my mind, your postings on your team ownership most certainly raise integrity issues.

Greg would be wise to list every team's owners real names whether solo or partnered. Just for integrity of the event.

King of Queens

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:18 am

Originally posted by UFS:

GG, If your so worried about the integrity of the contest, why do you frequently post that you own one team in CH 3 (not under your name), and have an "interest" in another main team?

How do "I" know that the team you have another interest in isn't in the same league you have a partner in?

My point here is that, in my mind, your postings on your team ownership most certainly raise integrity issues.

Greg would be wise to list every team's owners real names whether solo or partnered. Just for integrity of the event. It's hard to tell whether you are being serious or not, but this might be the silliest post made to date. How could Greg possibly know about (much less advise us on) silent partnerships? Really now...

Gordon is playing it very smartly. If his "team of interest" had done poorly, he wouldn't have to say a thing. Well done!

Gordon Gekko

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:12 pm

Originally posted by UFS:

GG, If your so worried about the integrity of the contest, why do you frequently post that you own one team in CH 3 (not under your name), and have an "interest" in another main team?

Greg would be wise to list every team's owners real names whether solo or partnered. Just for integrity of the event. BS. There is nothing in the rules against partnerships. I'm sure that teams in the same league and not in the same league talk. Don't be so naive.

When you get down to it, I could have one team of interest, two teams of interest, etc... OR i might not have any! months ago i said that i consult with my milkman and water delivery boy for advice. do you think i do that too!

Gordon Gekko

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:13 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

It's hard to tell whether you are being serious or not, but this might be the silliest post made to date. How could Greg possibly know about (much less advise us on) silent partnerships? Really now...this gave me a great big belly laugh. thanks!

Greg Ambrosius

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:19 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

I was quite surprised to see Tadahito Iguchi show up in Las Vegas league 4 pickups this week. I haven't heard anything about him being hurt, or about him losing PT.

Curious as to if this drop was looked into at all last week, as Iguchi, IMO, shouldn't be available in ANY league.

He's plays at a scarce position (2B) and is on pace for 75 run, 73 rbi, 12 hr, 19 sb, and a .284 average. Who are the players (at 2B and MI) that the owner kept instead of him. Please don't tell me it's N.Perez and A.Perez?!?

Also, did the owner have any other players who they could have dropped instead of Iguchi, maybe players like...

Fogg, Josh P PIT

Moehler, Brian P FLA

Seanez, Rudy P SD

Probably doesn't make too much difference in this case as the team who picked him up is 200+ overall. In the future, can all players dropped be posted on the MB, or at least give us access via STATS to see all players dropped in ALL leagues? Thanks. Gordon, for whatever reason, good players will be dropped throughout the year in the NFBC and we are not in a position to manage people's teams. In this case, I respect the owner very much and he chose to pick up pitching and drop his starting second baseman. It's not a move you or others might have made, but it's a legal move and not one that needs to be disallowed.

I have interceded once this year and that involved Barry Bonds, a potential dominant player whose health status is still uncertain. We are allowing owners to manage their teams as they see fit as long as it doesn't jeopardize the integrity of the overall contest. With so many injuries piling up and some owners looking for help in certain categories, some good players have been dropped in the past (Coco Crisp was dropped in several leagues after his injury) and will be dropped in the future. If it's a dominant player who could change the balance of the overall contest and the owner in question still feels strongly that he needs to make this move to help his team, then we'll take this player out of that league's free agent pool. In my estimation, Iguchi did not qualify for that designation.

Again, we are not trying to manage NFBC teams and in two years we've stepped in three times and kept the players in question on reserve rosters. We'll watch every weekly drop and make the right calls when/if they are needed. We'll even post the drops if that helps, which we started this week. I hope this helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:32 am

Just as a followup to this, if you look at this week's cuts, you'll see some prominent names on the list. This week Bret Boone, Nomar Garciaparra, Zack Greinke, Tino Martinez and Kaz Matsui were all cut in NFBC leagues. They are all good players who all have their shortcomings. We are allowing all of them to be picked up this week via FAAB and not interceding. I could question any of these being available, but it's part of the game. Down the road, I'm sure someone could say that any of those were bad cuts, but none of them are worth disallowing right now.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

newkidintown

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by newkidintown » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:34 am

I can tell you right now that I dumped Bret Boone because he was my number 5 pick and going to be a free agent and he absolutely sucks. Not only that, he was benched for a week. Gimme a break. There should be no problem dumping him. I might as well get this on the board now because it will be discussed. I am dumping Mark Mulder on Sunday. He is the most overrated pitcher in baseball. His move to the national league did nothing to improve his numbers and he just got lit up today. He is gone.

Chest Rockwell

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by Chest Rockwell » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:38 am

Originally posted by newkidintown:

I can tell you right now that I dumped Bret Boone because he was my number 5 pick and going to be a free agent and he absolutely sucks. Not only that, he was benched for a week. Gimme a break. There should be no problem dumping him. I might as well get this on the board now because it will be discussed. I am dumping Mark Mulder on Sunday. He is the most overrated pitcher in baseball. His move to the national league did nothing to improve his numbers and he just got lit up today. He is gone.

Humor me with 2 things please:

Who are some of the better pitchers in your league on waivers-

What place are you in overall-

Also do you want to join my money league next year? I think you would be a great fit.

Cellar Dwellers

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:04 pm

I agree, I think the owner of Mulder in my league, NY #4 should drop him as well.

Spyhunter

Tadahito Iguchi

Post by Spyhunter » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:14 am

I am so sick of Boone, I almost dumped him myself.

I am glad that the people were allowed to drop these players. this is the big league and people shouldn't be shielded from making mistakes, unless they give someone a totally ridiculous advantage... IMHO

Spy