Any STATS enhancements for bidding?

Red Sox Nation

Post by Red Sox Nation » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Hi Greg,

I know we've talked about this on the boards and it was in the hands of STATS. Any updates? Thanks

RSN
2004 NYY "The Greatest Choke in the History of Sports"

Spyhunter

Post by Spyhunter » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:44 am

Watch out RSN, you don't want to be grouped with me as a 'ideas' guy. Chest will never let you hear the end of it...

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:49 am

Originally posted by Spyhunter:

Watch out RSN, you don't want to be grouped with me as a 'ideas' guy. Chest will never let you hear the end of it... Oh Spyhunter I would never refer to you as the ideas guy. The hey look at me and please affirm I am worthy guy is such a better description.

Dang it I swore I was going to be nicer on these boards this season. Ok I get a mulligan for you and less than Dave no one else though. Oh yeah reserve one for Rockit Sauce I could see that one going bad.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:48 am

Originally posted by Red Sox Nation:

Hi Greg,

I know we've talked about this on the boards and it was in the hands of STATS. Any updates? Thanks

RSN Nothing new to report. They told me this would be done for this season, so let's see what next week brings. I'll ask them as soon as they have the rosters inputted.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

slopshot

Post by slopshot » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:05 am

Could you look at chicago league 4 you can see the home page but when you try to see rosters or set line up it comes up with an error message.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:02 am

Originally posted by slopshot:

Could you look at chicago league 4 you can see the home page but when you try to see rosters or set line up it comes up with an error message. They're still being loaded. We're almost there.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:42 am

Here's the latest on the free agent enhancements from STATS as they are working on this to make bidding easier for owners who have multiple NFBC teams:

"We are still testing the new free agent bidding page. It's a huge change to the code on the back end and the last thing we want to do is change that page and have it not work during the first week. Hopefully testing continues to go well and we should be able to make it available in early April."

Thanks for your patience on this and look for a new version soon.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Surrender Dorothy

Post by Surrender Dorothy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:47 am

Thank God! The new functionality has to be an improvement.

If for some reason The Cross Country Mack were to finish first overall and claim the $100K grand prize, I think the actual payoff would be about $2.76 per hour spent on manipulating that freakin waiver system.

(I am still bitter at the "user error" that preventing us from claiming Ryan Braun for two straight weeks last year...)

Bama

Post by Bama » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:50 pm

The free agent process is still the same old bull **** , 10 clicks of the goddamn mouse when it should take one. hope to god we dont have to put up with this bullshit all goddamn year. will take about 15 fouking hours every damn week to try and improve teams. need to get out of the dark ages and improve this bullshit.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:53 pm

Originally posted by KLN:

The free agent process is still the same old bull **** , 10 clicks of the goddamn mouse when it should take one. hope to god we dont have to put up with this bullshit all goddamn year. will take about 15 fouking hours every damn week to try and improve teams. need to get out of the dark ages and improve this bullshit. So that why you spend all your money in mid August....just in time to get ready for football

Bama

Post by Bama » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:39 pm

good one shawn. more truth in that than there should be, usually tired of fouking with it by then