X. Nady

roundmann

X. Nady

Post by roundmann » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:02 pm

How come Nady does not have DL after his name?

ROUNDMANN

viper

X. Nady

Post by viper » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:52 pm

even the notes for the player say he is on the DL. STATs may have blown this one. Still it does not show up as a transaction at MLB.COM. Could the Yankees still be waiting to actually do it. It would seem that is the case. I guess he remains in my lineup for 3 more days.

[ April 17, 2009, 05:56 AM: Message edited by: viper ]

Gordon Gekko II

X. Nady

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:14 am

Originally posted by viper:

It would seem that is the case. I guess he remains in my lineup for 3 more days. yes, this happens all the time during the season. the offical DL move is made after the "news" has hit the press.

if nady isn't DL right now, then he won't be able to be switched till Monday.

viper

X. Nady

Post by viper » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:35 am

and Monday it will be for me as I am likely going to be away form my PC until after games start today. I guess the one good thing about the hard rule that a player must be designated for the DL right now is I won't have to check back all the time. I even moved him to the UT slot so I could make changes easier. Alas, Monday it will be.

Marauders

X. Nady

Post by Marauders » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:09 am

This is from the Yankees website:

4/16/2009 | More tests scheduled for Nady's elbow

Yankees outfielder Xavier Nady met with team doctors prior to Thursday's game, and though the Yankees did not confirm the prognosis that he may need surgery to repair damage in his sore right elbow, they did place him on the disabled list, recalling right-handed reliever David Robertson.

David Robertson pitched 2 innings yesterday for the Yankees, so tell me how this could not of been "official" before the game started at 1:00pm.

Gordon Gekko II

X. Nady

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:54 am

i don't know all the "DL" rules that MLB has in play. i do know that it is TYPICAL for a player to be mentioned in the press and on MLB sites that he is on the DL, when in fact, he is not.

Bama

X. Nady

Post by Bama » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:00 am

Nady is on the Dl. The people that dont have him are trying to sway opinion on this. This fri DL rule is bullshit, too much manipulation and luck involved as to who can be replaced or not.

[ April 17, 2009, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Bama ]

CREATiVESPORTS-Marc

X. Nady

Post by CREATiVESPORTS-Marc » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:07 am

This was posted on MLB.com yesterday:

The Yankees made a roster move before today's game, placing Xavier Nady on the disabled list and recalling Dave Robertson from Triple-A.

There can be no excuse that STATS did not get this on a feed from MLB.

Top Dawg

X. Nady

Post by Top Dawg » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:12 am

Tom/Greg - Seems Stats needs to look into this and in a hurry. Even CBS Sportsline has him with the red "DL" next to his name for a private league I am in. Not sure why Stats has not followed up. Thanks. Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

Greg Ambrosius

X. Nady

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:17 am

Originally posted by viper:

even the notes for the player say he is on the DL. STATs may have blown this one. Still it does not show up as a transaction at MLB.COM. Could the Yankees still be waiting to actually do it. It would seem that is the case. I guess he remains in my lineup for 3 more days. Guys, STATS didn't blow this one. STATS gets the DL lists directly from Major League Baseball and applies them when they are official. You are always going to see reports about teams putting players on the DL and calling up another player and I certainly understand that. But somehow along the way the team needs to officially make that move with the league and then the league gives the data to STATS and other news organizations. For whatever reason, the Yankees didn't officially get this done by our deadline.

We put a 12:01 a.m. deadline each Friday so that folks don't have to keep logging onto the site all day to find out whether this player is going to get a DL designation or not. In Nady's case, if he's not DL'd by now then you can't replace him for the weekend. Simple as that. It sucks, but that's the rules.

We put the DL rule in place to help teams whose players are placed on the DL during the week so that you can still get three days of stats out of that spot. But nothing is a given when players get hurt during the week. Then we're all at the mercy of the team filing with the league quickly and the league making it official to STATS and the news organizations. Trust me, nobody at STATS or the NFBC is holding this up to screw any team in the competition.

Sorry, but that's as precise as I can be. Good luck all and I feel for all Nady owners who suffered this injury this week. It's a marathon of injuries and we all just have to do our best with them.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Bama

X. Nady

Post by Bama » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:25 am

Hes as official on the dl as it gets. Total bullshit to say he's not. Total fucking bullshit when he has replaced on the roster already.

Bama

X. Nady

Post by Bama » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:26 am

Another reason this goddamn bullshit rule needs to be done away with.Everybody but stats and nfbc knows he on dl.

[ April 17, 2009, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Bama ]

Thunder

X. Nady

Post by Thunder » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:27 am

i'm in 3 NFBC leagues and have nady on two of my teams. of course i was hoping he'd hit the DL in time to replace him for the weekend, but he didn't. no big deal, my bad luck, maybe i shouldn't have drafted him. at least the NFBC gives us a chance to replace players with midweek injuries. that's more than i can say for other leagues i've played in.

bill
bill cleavenger
BIG BLUE NATION
"we don't rebuild, we reload"

Marauders

X. Nady

Post by Marauders » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:27 am

Greg......Is it possible for STATS to have gotten the information on Nady in time for the deadline and because of some sort of "glitch" it's not showing up as him being one the DL? Or do you know for a fact in Nady's case STATS didn't receive any information on Nady in time for the deadline?.....I don't question every DL move, I've had few players go on the DL already this year and STATS has been up to date pretty quickly on those.

[ April 17, 2009, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Marauders ]

Bama

X. Nady

Post by Bama » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:31 am

Totally unfair and will cost me some money somewhere that my comp gets to replace Gordon,Jojima,dice-k and others, some who were placed on the dl after Nady. totally unfair and total bullshit.

[ April 17, 2009, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Bama ]

Gordon Gekko II

X. Nady

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:31 am

Originally posted by Bama:

Nady is on the Dl. The people that dont have him are trying to sway opinion on this. This fri DL rule is bullshit, too much manipulation and luck involved as to who can be replaced or not. i don't have nady, and i'm playing by the rules here.

it looks to me that the folks who have nady are trying to sway greg's opinion. dealing with injuries is never fun; however the yanks did not officially DL nady by midnight. dem da rules.

please keep the bad language off the boards. thanks in advance.

[ April 17, 2009, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko II ]

DOUGHBOYS

X. Nady

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:33 am

Just taking this opportunity to promote this idea.

Monday roster moves for all players, Friday roster moves for any position players. Elimination of the dl rule and no manipulation with pitchers starts.

Carry on.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Marauders

X. Nady

Post by Marauders » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:35 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:

quote:i don't have nady, and i'm playing by the rules here.

it looks to me that the folks who have nady are trying to sway greg's opinion. dealing with injuries is never fun; however the yanks did not officially DL nady by midnight. dem da rules.

please keep the bad language off the boards. thanks in advance. [/qb][/QUOTE]With all due respect you DON'T know if Nady was officailly DL'd by the Yankees by midnight. Your ASSUMING that because STATS isn't showing him on the DL. Are you saying that STATS never makes mistakes?

[ April 17, 2009, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Marauders ]

Gordon Gekko II

X. Nady

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:35 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Monday roster moves for all players, Friday roster moves for any position players. Elimination of the dl rule and no manipulation with pitchers starts.

Carry on. i've been on board with this for some time now. doughie - you are the lobbyist with this one. keep push'n :D

Greg Ambrosius

X. Nady

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:35 am

Originally posted by Marauders:

Greg......Is it possible for STATS to have gotten the information on Nady in time for the deadline and because of some sort of "glitch" it's not showing up as him being one the DL? Or do you know for a fact in Nady's case STATS didn't receive any information on Nady in time for the deadline?.....I don't question every DL move, I've had few players go on the DL already this year and STATS has been up to date pretty quickly on those. Well trust me, I don't appreciate folks coming on our boards and swearing at me or at STATS or at our game because one player isn't officially on the DL. I've asked STATS to look into this further because if Nady's replacement pitched yesterday then he should have been on the DL. And if there is any glitch at all, we will fix it and get this right before the start of the first game today. But if this is really the Yankees or MLB filing late then that's what it is.

I've asked STATS for an explanation and will post shortly.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Thunder

X. Nady

Post by Thunder » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:37 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by Marauders:

Greg......Is it possible for STATS to have gotten the information on Nady in time for the deadline and because of some sort of "glitch" it's not showing up as him being one the DL? Or do you know for a fact in Nady's case STATS didn't receive any information on Nady in time for the deadline?.....I don't question every DL move, I've had few players go on the DL already this year and STATS has been up to date pretty quickly on those. Well trust me, I don't appreciate folks coming on our boards and swearing at me or at STATS or at our game because one player isn't officially on the DL. I've asked STATS to look into this further because if Nady's replacement pitched yesterday then he should have been on the DL. And if there is any glitch at all, we will fix it and get this right before the start of the first game today. But if this is really the Yankees or MLB filing late then that's what it is.

I've asked STATS for an explanation and will post shortly.
[/QUOTE]thanks greg
bill cleavenger
BIG BLUE NATION
"we don't rebuild, we reload"

Greg Ambrosius

X. Nady

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:38 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Carry on. And you think THAT would solve this problem??? Oh boy. Some folks can't log onto the NFBC site from work and would miss last minute lineup changes or injuries or whatever on Friday and lose valuable weekend stats because of this BS NFBC Friday rule. Are you kidding me Dan? If you think Kenny's language is bad on this post, wait until we allow twice-a-week moves and not everyone got a chance to make them.

Pleeeeeeeeeease push another agenda.

[ April 17, 2009, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Bama

X. Nady

Post by Bama » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:38 am

Nady was placed on DL thur morning retroactive to wed. Mark how the hell you can say he's not on dl is bullshit. You the favored child here so you contacted someone at stats to make sure they didnt put the dl designation on nady or did someone else do the bribing.

[ April 17, 2009, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: Bama ]

Top Dawg

X. Nady

Post by Top Dawg » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:39 am

Thanks Greg

[ April 17, 2009, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: Top Dawg ]
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

Gordon Gekko II

X. Nady

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:41 am

Originally posted by Bama:

Nady was placed on DL thur morning retroactive to wed. Mark how the hell you can say he's not on dl is bullshit. You the favored child here so you contacted somepone at stats to make sure they didnt put the dl designation on nady or did someone else do the bribing. ken - u may need to attend an anger management class :D

if nady's DL designation was a STATS mistake, it should be corrected. however, it appears that DL designations for other players were made fine.

if STATS didn't have the info by midnight, blame the Yankees, not greg and STATS.