Questionable Move?

billywaz

Questionable Move?

Post by billywaz » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:35 am

Originally posted by Gekko:

quote:Originally posted by billywaz:

quote:Originally posted by Quack & Willy:

Why is it any different than what has happened in several leagues this year where teams that had no chance of cashing, continue to use their FAAB to block others who are bidding on players in Week 26.

I was thinking the same thing.

Happened in my satellite league this past week where someone spent their remaining $$$ on two pitchers (Narveson and can't remember the other). They spent over $200 on each!

Problem is they are in 10th or 11th place and in NO WAY in contention. I didn't dig deep like Gekko to see why, but logic would say there is SOME motive there.

The NFBC/NFFC shouldn't be in the business of worrying how people manage their rosters (they have enough to do).

I have been screwed by "incompetence" (and I don't think it was intentional) where someone decided not to field a full lineup in football, and was playing an opponent who I was in a tight race with giving them a "free" win.

**** happens. It sucks, but it isn't breaking rules. I'm good friends with you Mark, and I know you don't like my opinion here, but that is just the way I see it.

Like I said before, the best advice moving forward is DON'T MAKE ENEMIES! ;)
[/QUOTE]and before i forget, this post adds nothing to the discussion. i'm not talking about teams remaining competitive and making pickups. you say they are blocking, why couldn't they just be making pickups to stay competitive??? in any event, when they are picking up players, they aren't blocking one individual owner, like fandango has singled me out. EVERYONE is affected. neither of your examples fit and just cloud the real issue. poor examples billy. good job piling on. that's what friends are for i guess :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]Mark,

I'm not sure what you want here.

The fact is (so we think) is that ONE owner is screwing you over, and you are pissed.

Should you be??? ABSOLUTELY

Is it morally "wrong" that he is doing this?? YES

Do we know FOR SURE that Fandango hasn't had some important reason (illness, personal issues, etc.) that have kept him from being active until now?? NO

Is that likely? OF COURSE NOT

Does it VIOLATE THE RULES for someone to be dormant for months and THEN make a move?? NO

The point is Mark, I think EVERYONE (with the exception of maybe you) has ruled out the "C" word. So it comes down to a guy being a dick to you. While it may corrupt the integrity of fantasy baseball, it IS NOT illegal to do!

I gotta ask this (and I know you won't answer), but if Fandango was enemies with the guy you are in contention with and Fandango did the same move to benefit YOU, would you post anything???

I won't continue with that until you have a chance to answer.

As for us being friends, I must of missed school the day they went over the part where if you don't agree with friends views that you should pretend you do anyhow. :rolleyes:

As opinionated as you are Mark, I thought you could handle someone not agreeing with you. I'm just trying to poke some holes in those blinders that you have on right now, and make you see the "whole picture".

I feel for ya, but again, I'm not sure what you are looking for here? :confused:

[ September 30, 2009, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: billywaz ]

Gekko

Questionable Move?

Post by Gekko » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:30 am

Bill – You are free to post whatever you feel. And I wouldn’t want it any other way, even if I disagree with what you are saying.

I guess what I’m saying is that I’m disappointed. Obviously you know I’m suffering over here. And what do you do…

In your first post you said, collusion is NOT an issue. How do YOU KNOW that for 100% ABSOLUTE CERTAINITY??? You don’t! But yet you said that. Judge and Jury.

In your first post you said, there is nothing in the rules (and never will be) for leaving your roster dormant over a month and then deciding to make a pickup the last week. Again, how do YOU KNOW that with 100% certainty? There is a clause in the Rules concerning Commissioner decisions. What if Greg investigates and ruled the other way? If Greg is going to kick people out that do things like Fandango, doesn’t it makes sense to AT LEAST investigate the possibility of getting a rule in place to prevent this before it becomes a problem? From what other posters say, friends “helping” friends is commonplace. According to you, this shouldn’t even be looked at.

Again, you are free to say these things. However the “certainty” with which you (a friend) put on your “operator hat” and shot me down really surprised and disappointed me. I would expect those things from someone who wanted to agitate me.

Some posts on this thread (from people I know a lot less than you) showed more understanding/compassion than your posts. That’s all I’m saying. Let’s leave it at that.

ZackPhilly

Questionable Move?

Post by ZackPhilly » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:33 am

All that and you won by 8.5 points.

New York $1,300 Mixed Auction League Friday, March 20th

Rank.....Team..................Batting Pts.....Pitching Pts.....Overall Pts.....Change

1........Guess Who? Auction.....54.0...........57.0.............111.0..........0.0

2........BN Bears.....................53.0...........49.5.............102.5...........0.0

Glad it didn't matter.

Gekko

Questionable Move?

Post by Gekko » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:31 am

Originally posted by ZackPhilly:

Glad it didn't matter. same here.