Why is Jeff Clement not eligible for c?

fflmaster

Post by fflmaster » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 am

i have been trying to figure this out.

every major fantasy baseball league has j. clement as catcher eligible.

here is the rule listed in the double play:

d) Players who played all of 2009 in the minor leagues will be awarded position eligibility for the 2010 NFBC season based on the most games played at all levels in the minors. Fanball will determine that one eligible position before Draft Day and that will determine that player's status for 2010 once he is called up to the majors. Those players who only pinch-hit or DH in the minors only will be UT-eligible.

so according to this, j. clement played 191 games at catcher from 2005-2009 and only 28 games in 2009 as 1b.

so why is he listed at the 1b position?

per the rules "eligibility for the 2010 NFBC season based on the most games played at ALL levels in the minors"

please explain why i reading this wrong

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:24 am

Originally posted by fflmaster:

i have been trying to figure this out.

every major fantasy baseball league has j. clement as catcher eligible.

here is the rule listed in the double play:

d) Players who played all of 2009 in the minor leagues will be awarded position eligibility for the 2010 NFBC season based on the most games played at all levels in the minors. Fanball will determine that one eligible position before Draft Day and that will determine that player's status for 2010 once he is called up to the majors. Those players who only pinch-hit or DH in the minors only will be UT-eligible.

so according to this, j. clement played 191 games at catcher from 2005-2009 and only 28 games in 2009 as 1b.

so why is he listed at the 1b position?

per the rules "eligibility for the 2010 NFBC season based on the most games played at ALL levels in the minors"

please explain why i reading this wrong That means all levels (A, AA, AAA, Rookie Ball) FOR 2009!. We don't base position eligibility on their CAREERS. It's based on the previous season.

I hope this helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

fflmaster

Post by fflmaster » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:05 am

greg,

not to sound like a pain, but you should edit the rules to read "most games played at all levels in the minors DURING 2009 "

Carl

Post by Carl » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:25 am

Yea cause every other league has Clement eligible as a catcher.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:35 am

Originally posted by fflmaster:

greg,

not to sound like a pain, but you should edit the rules to read "most games played at all levels in the minors DURING 2009 " Is there any game that decides positionality on career starts?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Scared $ Dont Make $

Post by Scared $ Dont Make $ » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Fanball site is allowing Clement to be placed as a catcher. Greg, may want to investigate this

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:19 pm

guys - there is nothing to investigate. clement is 1B only. this was ruled upon months ago. sorry

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:20 pm

Greg and the Gang are on the case.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Originally posted by PantherPride:

Fanball site is allowing Clement to be placed as a catcher. Greg, may want to investigate this We have contacted each owner and many have moved him out already. I've got a list on my desk. All will move him out of C by tomorrow or we will do it for them.

He was listed and drafted as 1B-only all year. Only a glitch from a STATS feed on Thursday changed that before we caught it and changed it yesterday. We'll get it right on all teams tomorrow.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Scared $ Dont Make $

Post by Scared $ Dont Make $ » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Gekko, quit trolling and looking to be the know-it-all that u think u r.

I was just mentioning to Greg that the site was allowing him to be placed as catcher (I have him on my roster). And wanted to make sure they were aware of this to prevent him from being used at an ineligible position. We know they stated 1st base only, but the site was allowing catcher. And Greg is obviously aware of this. Was just ensuring they knew of this

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Originally posted by PantherPride:

Gekko, quit trolling and looking to be the know-it-all that u think u r.

I was just mentioning to Greg that the site was allowing him to be placed as catcher (I have him on my roster). And wanted to make sure they were aware of this to prevent him from being used at an ineligible position. We know they stated 1st base only, but the site was allowing catcher. And Greg is obviously aware of this. Was just ensuring they knew of this no, u said you wanted an "investigation". i simply said that was done months ago and clement goes back to being dead weight. again, sorry

Bleacher Bum

Post by Bleacher Bum » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:04 pm

We placed a bid on Clement as a Catcher today. How is it possible that he is not Catcher eligible? If NFBC knew about it days ago, it should have been blocked?????
Bleacher Bum

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:30 pm

ABC - Always Be Catchin'

Fanball Headquarters: Catcher? :eek: Pass the rye.

The name is Jeff Clement, not Jeff 1Blement !

viper

Post by viper » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:38 pm

I sort of feel the Bleacher Bum has a bit of a complaint here. He is clearly a rookie based on the fact this was his first ever board post. That implies he doesn't monitor these boards 24/7 like many do. Late last week, he goes to the Free Agent page looking for a catcher and he sees Jeff Clement. Now it is one or two days before the season and the NFBC site has had many many days to make sure all is correct and proper. He makes his bid. And while he waits impatiently like the rest of us, he discovers that Clement is not catcher eligible. It's easy for people who have done this for multiple years to know how to check things out but for rookies it isn't second nature. You would think that the FAAB site would have thing correct the day before the first FAAB run.

Money

Post by Money » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Originally posted by viper:

I sort of feel the Bleacher Bum has a bit of a complaint here. He is clearly a rookie based on the fact this was his first ever board post. That implies he doesn't monitor these boards 24/7 like many do. Late last week, he goes to the Free Agent page looking for a catcher and he sees Jeff Clement. Now it is one or two days before the season and the NFBC site has had many many days to make sure all is correct and proper. He makes his bid. And while he waits impatiently like the rest of us, he discovers that Clement is not catcher eligible. It's easy for people who have done this for multiple years to know how to check things out but for rookies it isn't second nature. You would think that the FAAB site would have thing correct the day before the first FAAB run. This is a bad deal for a couple of reasons.

1. When the mistake was realized I feel the NFBC should have honored those drafts and then changed the eligibility.

2. That probably didn't happen (speculation) because the system doesn't have the ability to change for one and not for all. If that's the case they probably should've acknowledged the mistake and let it flow for all leagues. Now we're stuck with the confusion.

Everyone doesn't check these boards and know the status. Some drafted and saw the C. Everyone playing doesn't live and die this stuff. Not a knock, simply an observation.

I DO NOT have him on any of my (5) teams so that is not where this is coming from. Other issues more important, I just understand some of the frustration.
Joe