DL update?

southpaw23

DL update?

Post by southpaw23 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:26 pm

When or how often do DL players get updated for lineup change purposes?

For example, I've got Cashner in my lineup and he's not designated as DL so I can't move him out for the weekend.

Greg Ambrosius

DL update?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:53 am

Originally posted by southpaw23:

When or how often do DL players get updated for lineup change purposes?

For example, I've got Cashner in my lineup and he's not designated as DL so I can't move him out for the weekend. They get updated as soon as they are reported to MLB teams. STATS gets this data directly from Major League Baseball. So once the Cubs file papers with MLB and MLB posts this info you'll see it on your NFBC pages. I know it's frustrating at times when you read about it on a fantasy web site that this player has gone on the DL, but we need official verification from MLB first that this has officially happened. Once that does, you'll see it.

Good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Richie

DL update?

Post by Richie » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Cashner is not yet shown as DL'd because he has not yet been DL'd. Just go to MLB.com and look at their transactions lists for the most accurate (not 100%) transactions.

To this minute, 7 16 pm ET 4/7/11, he has not been DL'd.

I recommend that we leave Greg alone with items that can be verified by you the player

southpaw23

DL update?

Post by southpaw23 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:44 pm

My bad on not verifying that Cashner had not been DL'd yet. I thought that was a done deal and the software had not reflected the DL status.

Thanks for the clarification Greg and your valuable time.