deadline rules question

Zazie

deadline rules question

Post by Zazie » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:14 am

I understand that the deadline for taking out player A and inserting player B will be earlier than 6:55 if either player A's or B's team has a game starting earlier than that. Makes sense. I want clarification in the following situation:

1. I want to replace player A with player B. Both of them have late start times for their team's games.

2. But player A and B play different positions, so in order to make this move I have to move player C to a different position in the lineup.

3. And player C's game starts early.

So my question is, what's my deadline in that situation? Player C with the early deadline is only changing positions, and isn't being taken out. But still I have to be able to move him. Will he be locked when his game starts? Or can I change his position even though I couldn't take him out of the lineup?

Greg Ambrosius

deadline rules question

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:19 am

Originally posted by Zazie:

I understand that the deadline for taking out player A and inserting player B will be earlier than 6:55 if either player A's or B's team has a game starting earlier than that. Makes sense. I want clarification in the following situation:

1. I want to replace player A with player B. Both of them have late start times for their team's games.

2. But player A and B play different positions, so in order to make this move I have to move player C to a different position in the lineup.

So my question is, what's my deadline in that situation? Player C with the early deadline is only changing positions, and isn't being taken out. But still I have to be able to move him. Will he be locked when his game starts? Or can I change his position even though I couldn't take him out of the lineup? I'm asking for complete clarification from IT Tom, but I would think you would need a legal lineup at all times. The system can't assume that you will make that lineup legal later on. Again, I'll get the right answer for you, but when games are being played I assume you must have a legal lineup at the time.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

deadline rules question

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:15 am

Originally posted by Zazie:

So my question is, what's my deadline in that situation? Player C with the early deadline is only changing positions, and isn't being taken out. But still I have to be able to move him. Will he be locked when his game starts? Or can I change his position even though I couldn't take him out of the lineup? I think the IT guys understood this question better than I did. Here's their answer:

They don't need to necessarily have a "valid" lineup by the first early games - as long as a user has players on his bench to fill a valid lineup before 6:55pm ET of the day of the deadline, that's fine.

Here's the answer to whether an owner can change a player's position in the starting lineup once that player is locked: That is not possible. Once a player starts to play, he's locked and cannot go from active to bench, bench to active or change positions within the starting lineup.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Zazie

deadline rules question

Post by Zazie » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:34 am

Thanks, Greg. I think the IT guys might have understood my question better than I did, too. But your last paragraph answered the question I was trying to ask.