Overconfident

ALL-IN JD

Overconfident

Post by ALL-IN JD » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:15 am

Because of some very, very strange picks in last nights $250 Satellite draft I left scratching my head wondering if my team was really as good as I thought.

C Doumit

C Buck

1B Konerko

2B Weeks

SS Peralta

3B D. Wright

MI R. Adams

CI C. Jackson

OF Sizemore

OF Lane

OF Kearns

OF Cameron

OF Dellucci

UT F. Thomas

P F. Hernandez

P Pettitte

P Haren

P Zito

P J. Weaver

P Foulke

P Benitez

P R. Soriano

P Farnsworth

RS Fossum

RS Pavano

RS S. Olsen

RS R. Wagner

RS J. Hairston

RS Taguchi

RS Cuddyer

Nutty Scrats

Overconfident

Post by Nutty Scrats » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:40 am

I was actually thinking the same thing after last night's draft that I came out with a half way decent team with maybe being able to use a few more steals.

1B Chad Tracy

2B Chase Utley

3B Melvin Mora

SS Jimmy Rollins

MI Felipe Lopez

CM Casey Kotchman

UT Carlos Guillen

OF Ken Griffey

OF Jermaine Dye

OF Raul Ibanez

OF Luis Gonzalez

OF Emil Brown

C Bengie Molina

C Damian Miller

P Joe Nathan

P Bartolo Colon

P Brandon Webb

P Bob Wickman

P Noah Lowery

P Aaron Harang

P Bruce Chen

P Jorge Sosa

P Tim Wakefield

Res Carlos Silva

Res Bob Howry

Res Carl Everett

Res Tony Clark

Res Aaaron Small

Res Rafael Betencourt

Res Arhtur Rhodes

However, one injury and I'm toast! LOL Should be fun!

Ed
Ed

Chest Rockwell

Overconfident

Post by Chest Rockwell » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:07 am

Ed,

I like that team especially- looks like you drafted late in the first round and did pretty well with it.

Fireballs- no offense man but were you referring to yourself when you reference strange picks, and it was not fair of them to not let you get a 2nd round pick.

ALL-IN JD

Overconfident

Post by ALL-IN JD » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:18 am

Chest, no offense taken bro. I took Sizemore with the 22nd pick. Thanks for the concern though:)

Cooperstown

Overconfident

Post by Cooperstown » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:09 am

It was a strange draft.

All the players that I targeted to take a round earlier than the adp, went a round earlier than that. Then guys I didn't target lasted 2 rounds later than I thought they would.

Maybe talent, not strange.

Ed, Tracy in the 3rd?

headhunters

Overconfident

Post by headhunters » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:40 am

i think the reason for most of what you guys are talking about was me- pick 3. only been in nl auction leagues the last 4 years. starting working on al knowledge a 5 days ago- when i joined. never did internet draft. never been in draft room before yesterday. problems i had were: not being able to find my late closers and outfielders on the scroll. i was doing fine until i couldn't find ray for 10th pick- with time running out - i knew cathers list was short- and i like hernandez. then when i looked up- my screen on the left had moved- and i didn't see ray got picked- so i kept looking for him. then i e-mailed and got that he was picked so i moved to outfield- no time to look at my own rankings- so theirs had drew like 4th- it seemed early- but i took him- only to realize i was in MIDDLE of o.f. screen. 2-3 rounds early. that pick would have been lane. although i do like drew because i THINK- but no proof- that taking one guy like drew and getting 7 good outfielders plays well- because his low ranking is because he gets hurt- but you can replace with at least decent o.f. my problem continued with reitsma. bottom line- not as good an outfield as i should have had. oddonnell got the outfield value and i like his team. my pitching plan i think was good. prior late with high k pitchers and setup men- but again should have been 5 starters, 3 closers, 1 setup. if devine gets job ( i didn't mind taking him round 19- he and young were going to be reaches) he could be real good. anyway- i will do better next time. hope i don't put kiss of death on you- but i have team 12 winning.

headhunters

Overconfident

Post by headhunters » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:44 am

by the way- did tejada last because steroid rumors- or because he asked to be traded- seemed like he should have gone earlier than pick 28

Nutty Scrats

Overconfident

Post by Nutty Scrats » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:05 am

Hi coops. Yeah, Tracy in the 3rd was kind of a screw up on my part. Delgado was still there and I sort of couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to to take him or look elsewhere then before I knew it indecision caused me to run a little short of time hence one of those panic picks and hence I took Tracy. Oh well live and learn.

Ed
Ed

Cooperstown

Overconfident

Post by Cooperstown » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:25 am

Originally posted by Ed:

Hi coops. Yeah, Tracy in the 3rd was kind of a screw up on my part. Delgado was still there and I sort of couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to to take him or look elsewhere then before I knew it indecision caused me to run a little short of time hence one of those panic picks and hence I took Tracy. Oh well live and learn.

Ed To give you an idea on how it screwed me up, I had Tracy as my backup to Huff, with getting one of them in the 6th round. My strategy was to wait til very late and get a so-so 3B, thinking I would move either Huff or Tracy to the 3B hole in 2 weeks when they qualify. Well, when you took Tracy, I had to move up Huff. Then, if Blalock doesn't last until the 6th round.

I should have thrown out my predraft strategy right then and there and taken Peavy in the 3rd.

That might have sent Anson in a different path, and screwed this thing up more.

must learn to be flexible, must learn to be flexible, must..... my mantra next time.

Nutty Scrats

Overconfident

Post by Nutty Scrats » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:05 pm

Originally posted by coops:

quote:Originally posted by Ed:

Ed To give you an idea on how it screwed me up, I had Tracy as my backup to Huff, with getting one of them in the 6th round. My strategy was to wait til very late and get a so-so 3B, thinking I would move either Huff or Tracy to the 3B hole in 2 weeks when they qualify. Well, when you took Tracy, I had to move up Huff. Then, if Blalock doesn't last until the 6th round.

I should have thrown out my predraft strategy right then and there and taken Peavy in the 3rd.

That might have sent Anson in a different path, and screwed this thing up more.

must learn to be flexible, must learn to be flexible, must..... my mantra next time.
[/QUOTE]I'm with you. Flexibility hasn't always been my best side. It's easy to get focus on what one goals are but no matter how many time I've done different sports drafts I sometimes looked up and my team is not what I thought it would be! LOL Fortunately during my first NFBC main event draft in New York I remember flexibity is keen with the exception of getting more than one closer which may screw my team. Live and learn!
Ed

eddiejag

Overconfident

Post by eddiejag » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:05 pm

WE justed ended the wed's 250 draft.Some very good players droped in this league.

Off the top of my head m mora in the 9th round, thats the biggest drop ive seen on him.

Geoff Jenkins in the 15th.

Craig Monroe in the 17th.

Luis GONZALEZ in the 21st.
EDWARD J GILLIS

Spyhunter

Overconfident

Post by Spyhunter » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:07 am

melvin mora in the 9th? interesting .... he went in the 2nd in lv 6. the guy that picked him there got lucky and got helton in the 3rd. Funny how drafts work out. I wish I had had more $$$ for more drafts.... oh well, next year...