#14 in Orlando 1...let er rip

Rey

Post by Rey » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:40 am

OK, I'll contribute to the Monday morning fun. Orlando 1 is stacked with seasoned vets (D. Clum, Wayne, Ira, etc.) Anyhow, this is what I managed to pull from the rubble. Serious weakness in the 2B/MI spot, but nothing I liked ever came up in those spots, so I kept delaying until I was left with the forgettable Durham/Derosa/Nix triumverate of crappiness. Other than some AVG concerns, I hope the rest is reasonable. Thoughts?

C1 - Varitek

C2 - Pierzynski

1B - Fielder

2B - Durham

3B - Lowell

SS - Furcal

CI - Pujols

MI - Derosa

OF - Pence

OF - A. Jones

OF - Tavares

OF - J. Upton

OF - Patterson

UT - R.Sexson

SP - Sabathia

SP - F. Hernandez

SP - J. Francis

SP - P. Hughes

SP - Garza

SP - Duchscherer

SP - K. Rogers

RP - M. Rivera

RP - Lidge

B - T. Gordon

B - M. Prior

B - J. Gathright

B - A. Reyes

B - J. Nix

B - J. Rivera

B - T. Wakefield

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:15 am

wow- nice job.

Rey

Post by Rey » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:15 am

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

wow- nice job. Thanks Chest. The darn 2B situation was annoying the heck out of me, but I simply didn't want to settle for guys I didn't want on my team. I was too stubborn for my own good maybe. He's hoping Durham dips into the "way back machine"

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:23 am

Rey- the joke and I did not even start it in Vegas,is every team except John Zaleski's has holes on draft day. Your hole is in a spot that can be fixed. I would rather have a better MI than Derosa to pair with Durham but oh well. 2b- last year being the exception can produce quite a few gems. Go find the 2006 version of Brandon Phillips and win a league title.

MGBMARTY

Post by MGBMARTY » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:08 am

Hey Rey

Did not get a chance to meet you but team looks good nice balance. Our league is going to be really competive. Glad I flew down Any thoughts on my team Rip away

C B Molina

C J Buck

1b Helton

2b Weeks

3b Wright

SS Cabrera

CI Delgado/Wilkerson

MI M Ellis/J Baker maybe

OF Ichiro

OF Rios

OF Rowland

OF Kearns

OF Bradley/Wilkerson

DH Hafner

SP Smoltz

SP C Young

SP Jared Weaver

SP Lilly

SP Zito

SP Westbrook

SP S Hill

SP A Loewen

RP Capps

RP Wood

RP Delcarmen

RP F Rodney

RP Tankersley

Closers might have caught a break with Wood and we all know at least 5-6 viable options arise in a year

Rip away

Marty

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:14 am

Originally posted by Rey:

OK, I'll contribute to the Monday morning fun. Orlando 1 is stacked with seasoned vets (D. Clum, Wayne, Ira, etc.) Anyhow, this is what I managed to pull from the rubble. Serious weakness in the 2B/MI spot, but nothing I liked ever came up in those spots, so I kept delaying until I was left with the forgettable Durham/Derosa/Nix triumverate of crappiness. Other than some AVG concerns, I hope the rest is reasonable. Thoughts?

C1 - Varitek

C2 - Pierzynski

1B - Fielder

2B - Durham

3B - Lowell

SS - Furcal

CI - Pujols

MI - Derosa

OF - Pence

OF - A. Jones

OF - Tavares

OF - J. Upton

OF - Patterson

UT - R.Sexson

SP - Sabathia

SP - F. Hernandez

SP - J. Francis

SP - P. Hughes

SP - Garza

SP - Duchscherer

SP - K. Rogers

RP - M. Rivera

RP - Lidge

B - T. Gordon

B - M. Prior

B - J. Gathright

B - A. Reyes

B - J. Nix

B - J. Rivera

B - T. Wakefield Rey,

I like your team too. Looks like you did a good job filling out your pitching staff after King Felix... Looks like you have more speed than power but that's just a guess glancing at your team, maybe it's the perfect balance. Like you, I

didn't want to reach on filling out MI and got stuck with the E Aybar/J Uribe combination.

Anyways, I like the team. I'll post mine in this forum later this afternoon after I get home from work.

Rich (Chicago league 4)

ps- my co manager and I also picked from the 14 spot. Pujols was picked at 13 who we were going to take. We drafted Soriano and then D Ortiz on the turn in rd 2.

[ March 17, 2008, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Hitless ]
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:35 am

Originally posted by Rey:

C1 - Varitek

C2 - Pierzynski

1B - Fielder

2B - Durham

3B - Lowell

SS - Furcal

CI - Pujols

MI - Derosa

OF - Pence

OF - A. Jones

OF - Tavares

OF - J. Upton

OF - Patterson

UT - R.Sexson

SP - Sabathia

SP - F. Hernandez

SP - J. Francis

SP - P. Hughes

SP - Garza

SP - Duchscherer

SP - K. Rogers

RP - M. Rivera

RP - Lidge

B - T. Gordon

B - M. Prior

B - J. Gathright

B - A. Reyes

B - J. Nix

B - J. Rivera

B - T. Wakefield Ok for how our draft went. Agree, MI needs some work.

Nice pick on Francis. I passed on him a few times and the round I was going to take him....you got him. I actually walked over to ask another if there was something wrong with Francis that I didn't know about. He went very late IMO.

I think you pitching might need an overhaul sometime during the season. I still think Kennedy is the best "pitcher" out of the Yankee trio. I just can't get behind Hughes THIS season.

BTW, didn't you love the drafters on both sides of you, other than taking the old guys AND young guys to early, I'm sure you loved your position.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:38 am

Originally posted by MGBMARTY:

Hey Rey

Did not get a chance to meet you but team looks good nice balance. Our league is going to be really competive. Glad I flew down Any thoughts on my team Rip away

C B Molina

C J Buck

1b Helton

2b Weeks

3b Wright

SS Cabrera

CI Delgado/Wilkerson

MI M Ellis/J Baker maybe

OF Ichiro

OF Rios

OF Rowland

OF Kearns

OF Bradley/Wilkerson

DH Hafner

SP Smoltz

SP C Young

SP Jared Weaver

SP Lilly

SP Zito

SP Westbrook

SP S Hill

SP A Loewen

RP Capps

RP Wood

RP Delcarmen

RP F Rodney

RP Tankersley

Closers might have caught a break with Wood and we all know at least 5-6 viable options arise in a year

Rip away

Marty Again, pitching will probably need some work. I like both Hill and Loewen, but will either remain healthy enough to pitch?? Doesn't look like it. I would love to see what they could do if they could get in 150 innings. Zito sucks, worst pick on your team IMO.

Who knows, could be a top 3 team or a bottom 3 team in our league. We will find out soon enough. BTW, I want Chris Young ;) ....the $28 one!

[ March 17, 2008, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: GOD Loves You ]

Rey

Post by Rey » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:41 am

Originally posted by MGBMARTY:

Hey Rey

C B Molina

C J Buck

1b Helton

2b Weeks

3b Wright

SS Cabrera

CI Delgado/Wilkerson

MI M Ellis/J Baker maybe

OF Ichiro

OF Rios

OF Rowland

OF Kearns

OF Bradley/Wilkerson

DH Hafner

SP Smoltz

SP C Young

SP Jared Weaver

SP Lilly

SP Zito

SP Westbrook

SP S Hill

SP A Loewen

RP Capps

RP Wood

RP Delcarmen

RP F Rodney

RP Tankersley

Rip away

Marty Thanks for the comment Marty. I look forward to competing with you all season.

As for your squad, great call on Woods. In addition, you sniped me on Rodney, who I was sure was going to reach back to me. I think Jones doens't make it through a month, and assuming Rodney is healthy, he's in line for nice Save numbers.

I like your offense alot, but I'll be honest and say that your pitching makes me nervous. If you've never owned Zito before, get ready for some serious ulcers. He can ruin a great week with just 1 start. Smotz and Young are a nice 1-2 punch, but after that, you gotta hope for some breakthroughs. In the end, the O has to carry you.

Good luck!

Rey

Post by Rey » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:45 am

Originally posted by Hitless:

quote:Originally posted by Rey:

C1 - Varitek

C2 - Pierzynski

1B - Fielder

2B - Durham

3B - Lowell

SS - Furcal

CI - Pujols

MI - Derosa

OF - Pence

OF - A. Jones

OF - Tavares

OF - J. Upton

OF - Patterson

UT - R.Sexson

SP - Sabathia

SP - F. Hernandez

SP - J. Francis

SP - P. Hughes

SP - Garza

SP - Duchscherer

SP - K. Rogers

RP - M. Rivera

RP - Lidge

B - T. Gordon

B - M. Prior

B - J. Gathright

B - A. Reyes

B - J. Nix

B - J. Rivera

B - T. Wakefield Rey,

I like your team too. Looks like you did a good job filling out your pitching staff after King Felix... Looks like you have more speed than power but that's just a guess glancing at your team, maybe it's the perfect balance. Like you, I

didn't want to reach on filling out MI and got stuck with the E Aybar/J Uribe combination.

Anyways, I like the team. I'll post mine in this forum later this afternoon after I get home from work.

Rich (Chicago league 4)

ps- my co manager and I also picked from the 14 spot. Pujols was picked at 13 who we were going to take. We drafted Soriano and then D Ortiz on the turn in rd 2.
[/QUOTE]Yea, 14 was just tough to plan for. I did 5 mock drafts, and they were all completely different. Then I get to the Main Event, and it looks NOTHING like any of the mocks I did. To get both Fielder and Pujols was a pleasant surprise, but taking so much power early was not a scenario I had planned too much for. I think I handled it ok, minus the little 2B situation

I look forwar dto checking your team out later today.

Rey

Post by Rey » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:03 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

Nice pick on Francis. I passed on him a few times and the round I was going to take him....you got him. I actually walked over to ask another if there was something wrong with Francis that I didn't know about. He went very late IMO.

I think you pitching might need an overhaul sometime during the season. I still think Kennedy is the best "pitcher" out of the Yankee trio. I just can't get behind Hughes THIS season.

BTW, didn't you love the drafters on both sides of you, other than taking the old guys AND young guys to early, I'm sure you loved your position. hehe...Yea, before the draft, I was not too happy with my spot. But as it went on, I started feeling better about it. The guys around me clearly had certain targets and went out to get them, so props to them. I do, however, know that certain guys dropped, so I was happy with that.

As for Francis, I simply think that many drafters staill have Rockie Mountain fever. I'll be honest, having a Rockie post so many IP's on my staff makes me nervous too. But hey, assuming the Humidor doesn't break down, I like his presense on my squad

[ March 17, 2008, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Rey ]

moose1squirrel2

Post by moose1squirrel2 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:29 am

Rey--looks like a really balanced team--after checking everyone's roster looks like this league is going to be balanced as all get out-no the winner of 100,000 will not be coming out of Orlando 1 but it will probably be the must competitive and for those of us who compete the game is afoot--on a side note thank you for taking so many speed players for team 4 is average at best in that department