Orlando 1 team12

DiamondKing

Orlando 1 team12

Post by DiamondKing » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:57 am

Enjoyed the draft despite all of the sharks in the water.Here goes nothin.

C.Mauer (6)

C.Soto (11)

1B.Teixeira(2)

2B.K Johnson(10)

3B. Braun(1)

SS.Crosby(23)Iknow.Shorts flew off the board and I would not pay the price.

MI.Pedroia(17)

CO.D.Lee(3)

OF Byrnes(4)

OF C Duncan(15)

OF Teahan(16)

OF Hall(18)

OF Bruce(21)

DH Thome(12)

SP Beckett(5) Everybody in Orlando Knows I HATE BECKETT.Hope he has a great year.

SP Zambrano(7)

SP Billingsly(9)

SP Wainright (13)

SP Harden(14)

SP E Santana (19)

SP Cueto(20) Thought I had drank the kool aid.But,hey everybody else likes him also.

RP Jenks(8)

RP S Shields(26)

B Crisp(22)

B Rasmus(24)

B Pierce(25)

B Mussina(27)

B Gwynn JR (28) Figure he can steal some bases in April while I am waiting for Bruce/Rasmus

B C Guzman Back up ss Hey I am weak at the ss

B Barfield (30)

Kind of disliked while drafting.But now it is my creation.

[ March 17, 2008, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: DiamondKing ]
All pigs are created equal.Some are more equal than others.

NorCalAtlFan

Orlando 1 team12

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:01 pm

Pretty impressive. A little short on steals and saves, but at least one of those can be remedied on the waiver wire.

Outfield I'm not bullish on, but great IF and U make up for it.

Great SP. Wow. IF Harden can even get you 15 starts, you're looking great.

I think if things break your way, you'll do some damage.

Bobby J

Orlando 1 team12

Post by Bobby J » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:20 pm

Dave, I am very impressed you learned how to draft pitching. This has always been your downfall and you still have managed to overcome it, you will find it so much easier to manage your team, now that you have a nice staff. Looks like you will waiver wiring early for another OF, Gwynn for first 25 games, then you need one, if none of your projects get called back up start. Seems quite a bit short a SB. Sorry, I was not able to partake in Orlando this year.
Some Assembly Required

Edwards Kings

Orlando 1 team12

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:30 am

Dave, Like I said at dinner...you have another strong team my friend. I use the analogy that you were just sitting back in the bushes picking off the solid players the rest of us were silly enough to let you get great value, such as:

SS.Crosby(23) Value IMO where you got him.

MI.Pedroia(17)

OF Hall(18)

DH Thome(12)

B Crisp(22) He will be starting somewhere

And you pitching is very solid. You, maybe Patrick, and I will be banging the boards to get another closer, but you have speed on your bench, whereas I do not. Once again you will be one of the teams to beat.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

MGBMARTY

Orlando 1 team12

Post by MGBMARTY » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:20 am

Hey Dave

Great meeting you in Orlando. Great value with Thome and if Harden stays healthy and Cueto is what they are hyping then you have a nice 6 deep rotation. Speed and saves a little short but as we all know 5-7 new closers arise during the year. We have such an even league compared to what I saw on the other 2 Orlando drafts. Should be fun. My team goes 4 deep with Sps Had Zito last year and I know he stinks buy as a #6 SP could be serviceable with right match up. All teams are going to be weak somewhere especially more so in ours but you did get some nice value picks which will help and thanks for being the only 1 that did not crucify for taking Weeks in the 5th Right now he is batting 138 with 6 sbs with an injured hand extended his fingers on a slide Can not wait till teams are posted and see what great players are available in free agency. I might have caught a break with Wood but like Harden pitching is like a box of chocolates you never know what you are gonna get. Run Ricky run. Enough of the Forest Gump garbage. Good Luck this year.

Marty

DiamondKing

Orlando 1 team12

Post by DiamondKing » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:26 am

Hey Marty,

I kind of like when guys I know can hit slump a bit in the spring.I would like my guys to go cold right now and start to heat up a couple of days before the season.You know by now things tend to even out so why waste a 500 average in the spring?Come on baseball!
All pigs are created equal.Some are more equal than others.

Rey

Orlando 1 team12

Post by Rey » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:55 am

Dave, we discussed enough post draft so that you know that I think you have one helluva strong team. If I had to be picky, I'd repeat what has already been stated (and you already know) in that steals and saves will be an issue. I'm also not sold on Wainright.

That being said, you sniped me on Billingsly, and you have enough depth to survive the inevitable injuries to your staff. Right now, I'd put you at even money to cash in this league. Nice value in several spots, mainly Thome and his 40/120 in the 12th round. Ridiculous.

Good luck my friend

duggan

Orlando 1 team12

Post by duggan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:44 am

dave, nice team, i pick u as one of the front runners. my team however very BORING, just could never seem to pull the tigger on any guys with upside and made several bad picks. every time i thought a good value was going to slide to me, marty would scoop him up. good job marty enjoyed meeting you. good luck this year guys
THINGS ARE NEVER SO BAD THEY CAN'T BE MADE WORSE---HUMPHREY BOGART

RobG

Orlando 1 team12

Post by RobG » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:50 am

Nice squad Dave. Glad I didn't have to face you in this league as well as the two satelites. I like the upside with Bruce and Rasmus on the bench. Imagine someone drafting Braun, Pence, C. Young and C. Hart last year...the only question is how long do you let them stay on your bench.
Rob Giese