Worst Pick Best Pick

MGBMARTY

Worst Pick Best Pick

Post by MGBMARTY » Thu May 29, 2008 1:08 am

As the season starts evolving. Just curious to see whom everyone views to date their best and worst picks. This year has been my most frustrating 1 to date but only place to go is up. Idealistic optimism or blatant stupidity.

Worst pick Sad that I have had to bench my wonderful 4-14 pick Travis cortisone Hafner the last 2 weeks . Thiught I would see 28-30 HRs 112 RBIs so much for that.

Best pick Benji doubles again Molina as my #1 C at 16-14 Seems like he never sits out and looks like he might duplicate or better last years numbers

Good Luck All

Marty

mdz129

Worst Pick Best Pick

Post by mdz129 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:26 am

worst -Tulo 2.15(even before he got hurt) and R Hill 7.1

Best--M Tejada 5.1, J Bay 9.1, C Quintin 23.15, M More 24.1, B Giles 25.15

Tejada(producing like a 2nd rd) Bay like a 3rd

Quintin -obviously, Mora and Giles Both play and have avg stats which combined with above avg for early rounds make for an above avg team

Currently 62nd Main Event

Edwards Kings

Worst Pick Best Pick

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu May 29, 2008 6:16 am

At this point, I am glad I went against my better judgement and picked Utley in the first round. Just shows how good my better judgement is.

Worst is a toss up. Hawpe at 7/7 or Myers at 9/7. Both could turn it around but both now represent the perverbial turd in the punchbowl of my team.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

bjoak

Worst Pick Best Pick

Post by bjoak » Thu May 29, 2008 7:16 am

Byrnes-worst, and everyone could have told you that at the time, including me. I got sort of tied up with unexpected round two. Not an excuse, but clearly a mistake. Stephen Drew maybe the best, hard to pick one guy. I grabbed some free agents like Litsch that would have made some damned impressive 30th round picks.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

RobG

Worst Pick Best Pick

Post by RobG » Thu May 29, 2008 8:12 am

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

At this point, I am glad I went against my better judgement and picked Utley in the first round. Just shows how good my better judgement is. Wayne, what was your judgement telling you?

I took Holiday over Utley and was happy, not sure how that looks now.
Rob Giese

Dirt Dogs

Worst Pick Best Pick

Post by Dirt Dogs » Thu May 29, 2008 1:41 pm

SWISHER!!! most took in the 8th to 9th round!! What a bust he has been!

Fielder too!
A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz. ~Humphrey Bogart

JohnZ

Worst Pick Best Pick

Post by JohnZ » Thu May 29, 2008 3:43 pm

Best

Kinsler at 4.10, Josh at 6.10, Youkilis at 14.10, GA at 18.10

Worst

Snell at 11.6, Adam Jones at 17.6. Ask me next week and Aaron Hill at 12.10 could be here also.

Like Brian, I was thrown for a loop Round 2 also. Really thought Berkman was going to fall to me but Randy took him right ahead. Took Peavy and I hate taking a P that early. R.Martin would have been a better pick looking back.

rkulaski

Worst Pick Best Pick

Post by rkulaski » Thu May 29, 2008 5:06 pm

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

At this point, I am glad I went against my better judgement and picked Utley in the first round. Just shows how good my better judgement is. SATELLITE BEST:

In my satellite, I really wanted Braun with the 11th pick in the 1st rd but he went 10th so I got "stuck" with Utley who I didn't really want.

J Bay in the 7th

E Santana 23rd rd

R Church 24th rd

M Owings 25th rd

SATELLITE WORST:

M Corpas in the 10th - did not see this coming

P Hughes in the 13th

MAIN BEST:

Z Greinke 16th rd

E Santana 19th rd

R Church 23rd rd

MAIN WORST:

E Encarnacion - 8th rd- although still believe he will be okay

JR Towles 14th rd- should have taken B Molina who went 7 picks later - Towles upside wasn't worth the risk

Adam Jones 17th rd

D Bush 22nd rd
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

NorCalAtlFan

Worst Pick Best Pick

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Thu May 29, 2008 5:45 pm

Hmmm, until today, Eveland in the 30th. K Wood in the 22nd and E Santana in the 20th.

The worst? The rest of my draft.

Thunder

Worst Pick Best Pick

Post by Thunder » Thu May 29, 2008 5:51 pm

off the top of my head

youkilis - best

snell - worst
bill cleavenger
BIG BLUE NATION
"we don't rebuild, we reload"

Jeff Erickson

Worst Pick Best Pick

Post by Jeff Erickson » Thu May 29, 2008 11:05 pm

Best: Chipper (6.13), Soria (10.13), Soto (12.3)

Worst: Billy Butler (14.13), Jerry Owens (20.13), picks 26-30 - all gone from my roster (Schilling, Gabbard, Lieber [two-time loser with him], E. German, Lind). In fact, the bottom third of my draft explains why my pitching sucks so badly.
Get a free 10-day trial at RotoWire:

http://www.rotowire.com/trial

Top Dawg

Worst Pick Best Pick

Post by Top Dawg » Fri May 30, 2008 12:16 am

Worst - Hawpe instead of Hamilton in 6th, Delgado in 12th.

Best - Waiting for closers Soria, Gregg in 10th and 14h, Fixing the Delgado mistake with Kotchman in the 18th, Church in 21st and by far the best so far, Volquez in the 25th.

Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

Edwards Kings

Worst Pick Best Pick

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri May 30, 2008 12:19 am

Originally posted by RobG:

quote:Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

At this point, I am glad I went against my better judgement and picked Utley in the first round. Just shows how good my better judgement is. Wayne, what was your judgement telling you?

I took Holiday over Utley and was happy, not sure how that looks now.
[/QUOTE]Picking where I was, in my mind I was going to jump all over Holliday if he was there. He wasn't (as expected), so I was sweating over Miggy and Utley. Miggy was the winner even up until my turn, when that little voice said "Utley"! It sounded like that same voice that says "You are perfectly sober...have another beer!" so I gifted someone later in round one with Miggy.

Seriously, I went Utley over Miggy based on position scarcity and SB, though at the time I thought Miggy would have more BA, HR, and RBI.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer