ATL vs PHI, make your pick

Jackstraw

Post by Jackstraw » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Odds for tonight's game:

ATL, D. Lowe +121

PHI, B Myers -131

O/U 8-

First, I wouldn't touch that total. First game of the season, and lot's of wildcards.

Now the game is a lock, by the numbers. Lowe is 4-0 (six starts) against PHI since 2005, maintaining a very nice ERA against them. Myers on the other hand, though a fairly solid pitcher at home, has been pretty much owned by ATL with a 2-7 record over 14 starts since 2005.

Homefield advantage to the Phillies? I don't think so. Lowe is 2-0 over 3 starts (2005-2007) in Philly, and the no decision wasn't a bad show by Lowe (6 innings with 4 hits, 3 walks, and 2 ER).

As a perky underdog with some facts on their side, Atlanta should take the first game of the season on their way to the World Series. Go Braves!
George
Smoky Mtn. Oysters
Chicago 4
Wildwood Weeds
Chicago 650 Mixed League Auction

graybros

Post by graybros » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Wind is blowing out so I will take the over even though we have a sinkerballer on the mound.

I'm also taking the favorite Phillies because of the energy of opening night and lefty heavy lineup.
Twitter: @thegraymatters

bigdaddyk

Post by bigdaddyk » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:40 pm

The odds reflect your analysis George.If Vazquez was starting the Braves would be +151.Good luck to your Braves.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:54 pm

PHI wins. :D
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Jackstraw

Post by Jackstraw » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Originally posted by graybros:

Wind is blowing out so I will take the over even though we have a sinkerballer on the mound.

I'm also taking the favorite Phillies because of the energy of opening night and lefty heavy lineup. At the onset it looked like an over for sure! Braver man than I to take that over ;)

What about Schafer, the future NL ROY :D

The lefties couldn't touch Lowe. Once again the numbers don't lie.
George
Smoky Mtn. Oysters
Chicago 4
Wildwood Weeds

bigdaddyk

Post by bigdaddyk » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:48 pm

Originally posted by Jackstraw:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by graybros:

I'm also taking the favorite Phillies because of the energy of opening night and lefty heavy lineup. At the onset it looked like an over for sure! Braver man than I to take that over ;)

What about Schafer, the future NL ROY :D

The lefties couldn't touch Lowe. Once again the numbers don't lie.
[/QUOTe I want all your strong opinions on Braves games in the future.Well done!!!

Jackstraw

Post by Jackstraw » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

PHI wins. :D ATL wins
George
Smoky Mtn. Oysters
Chicago 4
Wildwood Weeds

Jackstraw

Post by Jackstraw » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:55 pm

I want all your strong opinions on Braves games in the future.Well done!!! [/QB]Thanks

That will probably be the only plug for my Bravos this year. First rule of betting - leave the heart out of it. This one was tough because it was the first game of the season and it had to be bet on (for all us gamblers that is).
George
Smoky Mtn. Oysters
Chicago 4
Wildwood Weeds

bigdaddyk

Post by bigdaddyk » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:14 pm

Originally posted by Jackstraw:

quote: I want all your strong opinions on Braves games in the future.Well done!!! Thanks

That will probably be the only plug for my Bravos this year. First rule of betting - leave the heart out of it. This one was tough because it was the first game of the season and it had to be bet on (for all us gamblers that is). [/QB][/QUOTE]That's cool with me.That starting pitching keeps them in the hunt all season and as a Mets fan that worries me.

graybros

Post by graybros » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:49 pm

I'm also taking the favorite Phillies because of the energy of opening night and lefty heavy lineup. And that is why it is good for me to stay away from baseball betting. I rev it way down betting wise during baseball season. I am more of a football/college basketball guy when it comes to capping.

Nice call on the Bravos. Phils looked horrible and Howard must be thinking too hard to take that called strike in the 9th.

graybros

Post by graybros » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:50 pm

I'm also taking the favorite Phillies because of the energy of opening night and lefty heavy lineup. And that is why it is good for me to stay away from baseball betting. I rev it way down betting wise during baseball season. I am more of a football/college basketball guy when it comes to capping.

Nice call on the Bravos. Phils looked horrible and Howard must be thinking too hard to take that called strike in the 9th.

graybros

Post by graybros » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:51 pm

Jackstraw - what games you like for opening day?

Sir Larry Wildman

Post by Sir Larry Wildman » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:17 am

Jackstraw - what games you like for opening day? Avoid the postponed games.
I could break you, mate, in two pieces over my knees. You know it, I know it.

Jackstraw

Post by Jackstraw » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:20 am

All of my star picks were the postponed games. The TB/BOS was a lock, but when Mother Nature throws a wrench in the plans best to stay away on the next day.

Stay tuned...
George
Smoky Mtn. Oysters
Chicago 4
Wildwood Weeds