Movin on DOWN

Gordon Gekko

Movin on DOWN

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:05 am

i know you guys missed me over the holiday break. so, here's a little tidbit i found. don't be the bloat that gets this guy. you can thank me later.

Justin Morneau has bad run of luck

FORT MYERS, FLA. -- The offseason wasn't kind to first baseman Justin Morneau, who will arrive at Twins spring training camp sometime this week coming off various illnesses.

Manager Ron Gardenhire said that since last season ended, Morneau had appendicitis, chicken pox and a lung infection that led to pneumonia.

"He's been sicker than a dog all winter long," Gardenhire said. "He's got to be behind. There's no doubt in my mind."

The club wanted to fly Morneau into camp over the weekend, but he was too sick to travel.

Evil Empire

Movin on DOWN

Post by Evil Empire » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:44 am

I guess this means you like him Mr Gekko.

Gordon Gekko

Movin on DOWN

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:12 am

Originally posted by GCA73:

I guess this means you like him Mr Gekko. why would i want a player whose manager says, "He's been sicker than a dog all winter long. He's got to be behind. There's no doubt in my mind."

if you think i like him, draft him early.

Evil Empire

Movin on DOWN

Post by Evil Empire » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:05 am

Somebody had to respond to your ridiculous post. You act as if you are giving us priveldged information. Get over yourself this news is all over the internet.

Gordon Gekko

Movin on DOWN

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:25 am

At the club's request, Preston Wilson began wearing a brace on his surgically repaired left knee as a precaution. this can't be good, can it?

Evil Empire

Movin on DOWN

Post by Evil Empire » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:37 am

Gordon Gekko's more talented twin. Placido Polanco commenting on his situation. ''It's a situation I can't control,'' Polanco said. ''I don't like to be in this situation. I hate to be in this situation, but I have to live with it.'' Let's all feel sorry for the player who chose -- yes chose -- to make $4.6 million to act as a reserve rather than $3 million or so to be a starter elsewhere. The Phillies figure to be very open to trading Polanco if anyone wants him Your type of player Gekko.

Gordon Gekko

Movin on DOWN

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:45 am

Originally posted by GCA73:

Gordon Gekko's more talented twin. Placido Polanco commenting on his situation. quote: ''It's a situation I can't control,'' Polanco said. ''I don't like to be in this situation. I hate to be in this situation, but I have to live with it.'' Let's all feel sorry for the player who chose -- yes chose -- to make $4.6 million to act as a reserve rather than $3 million or so to be a starter elsewhere. The Phillies figure to be very open to trading Polanco if anyone wants him Your type of player Gekko. [/QUOTE]you may not know it, but you are slowing moving toward the darkside

[ February 22, 2005, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Evil Empire

Movin on DOWN

Post by Evil Empire » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:44 pm

lol

seefer

Movin on DOWN

Post by seefer » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:50 pm

GG, thanx for the laugh! I actually chuckled out loud. And then I farted, but you don't care about that, do you? :cool:

sportsbettingman

Movin on DOWN

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:05 pm

DOES HE EVER!
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

King of Queens

Movin on DOWN

Post by King of Queens » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:30 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

DOES HE EVER! sportsbettingman?

Burlingame?

Definitely an Artichoke Joe's kind of guy.

sportsbettingman

Movin on DOWN

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:18 am

Pretty good call from way over there in NY, King.

I've been there a few times. Nice old Bar where you sit on barrels. Pretty solid players in the card room. Also have Lucky Chances a short drive away. ...and Bay 101 is right down the freeway.

But online is much easier...especially when you drink as much as I do. (something I'll have to work on if I want to actually become a good poker player)

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein