h.street

Dyv

h.street

Post by Dyv » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:15 am

My team dropped him - we needed his roster spot to pick up Pete Walker last week.

Dyv
Just Some Guy

Dyv

h.street

Post by Dyv » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:15 pm

Up From The Grave Waiver Release Huston Street $15 P 6/26/2005 7:21 PM ET

Up From The Grave Waiver Pickup Pete Walker $22 P 6/26/2005 7:21 PM ET
Just Some Guy

Cellar Dwellers

h.street

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:05 pm

Dyv, between that move and picking up Brandon Backe this week, I'm starting to think you're losing it, but what'd I know, I'm about 50 spots behind you in the overall ;)

Dyv

h.street

Post by Dyv » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:37 am

Two different teams there, Cellar... one I need k's and Backe has two starts where I think his matchups are 'okay' - plus I figure my WHIP/ERA can tolerate a little abuse if need be. I'm forced to take risk because Doughboys isn't coming back to me, so I need to come up to get him. That means I need all the k's in the world AND to somehow preserve stellar ERA/WHIP. That means I have to take chances...

As for Huston Street? We simply didn't need him. I missed out on draft day as I had to head home for an emergency - the team is struggling with 10 total points in pitching (Yes, 10 total among 5 categories). Saves we could maybe gain one point by keeping Streets but rotating in 2 start SP gives us at minimum some wins and k's. We can't go any farther back in ERA/WHIP, so what the hell...

Gotta have a plan and try to run with it. When it doesn't work, you form a new plan ;)

Dyv

[ July 05, 2005, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Dyv ]
Just Some Guy

Greg Ambrosius

h.street

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:55 am

One of the owners in the Ultimate League asked me if I would rescind the Street cut last week and I said no. For one thing, this is an individual league with an individual league prize and thus all 14 owners had a fair shot at Street. But secondly, after looking over the team's roster that cut Street, it was obvious that Street had no value to him. Street was his only closer and he had no chance to really make a move in the saves category and thus he was going with an all starting pitcher staff. His reserve roster had enough injured players and starting pitchers to not force Street there, so the move was allowed.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

eddiejag

h.street

Post by eddiejag » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:34 am

I have 4 closers and didnt need him eithier.

I sometimes go with 3 in a week , and have thought of cutting one.Their not the best but do get saves.

MESA

PERCIVAL

MACDOUGAL

WALKER

Also have nevin bradley bedard and oliver perez on the dl, which makes keeping people hard.

Had to cut boone this week couldnt take a 5th dl
EDWARD J GILLIS

Cellar Dwellers

h.street

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:22 am

Originally posted by Dyv:

Two different teams there, Cellar... one I need k's and Backe has two starts where I think his matchups are 'okay' - plus I figure my WHIP/ERA can tolerate a little abuse if need be. I'm forced to take risk because Doughboys isn't coming back to me, so I need to come up to get him. That means I need all the k's in the world AND to somehow preserve stellar ERA/WHIP. That means I have to take chances...

As for Huston Street? We simply didn't need him. I missed out on draft day as I had to head home for an emergency - the team is struggling with 10 total points in pitching (Yes, 10 total among 5 categories). Saves we could maybe gain one point by keeping Streets but rotating in 2 start SP gives us at minimum some wins and k's. We can't go any farther back in ERA/WHIP, so what the hell...

Gotta have a plan and try to run with it. When it doesn't work, you form a new plan ;)

Dyv Makes more sense now on Street. I still think Backe is hiding an injury though. I know he's got a depleted Dodger team and a weak hitting Padre team this week, so you may get the K's you need. His line tonight may look like this though:

5 2/3 IP, 7H, 4ER, 5BB, 6K's. You do have a home plate ump with a somewhat liberal strikezone, in Brian Onora, so you may get lucky on the BB's.

Dyv

h.street

Post by Dyv » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:16 pm

Originally posted by Cellar Dwellers:

quote:Originally posted by Dyv:

Dyv Makes more sense now on Street. I still think Backe is hiding an injury though. I know he's got a depleted Dodger team and a weak hitting Padre team this week, so you may get the K's you need. His line tonight may look like this though:

5 2/3 IP, 7H, 4ER, 5BB, 6K's. You do have a home plate ump with a somewhat liberal strikezone, in Brian Onora, so you may get lucky on the BB's.
[/QUOTE]If he gives me that x2 for the week I'll feel good about it. I've got a team ERA of 3.523 and a team WHIP of 1.189. If he tosses me a 11-12 IP with a 4 ERA to go with 11k's I'd feel very satisfied with the gambit.

I know I can't sit there and watch Doughboys all summer... ;)

Dave
Just Some Guy

Cellar Dwellers

h.street

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:26 pm

Shaky 1st inning, but has looked pretty good since then.

Dyv

h.street

Post by Dyv » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:55 pm

Shaky 1st inning, but has looked pretty good since then. So far, so good - I guess this means as long as he tosses 9 k's in his next outing he can give up quite a few runs ;)

D
Just Some Guy

Cellar Dwellers

h.street

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:45 pm

Well at least I had the 5 2/3 IP right, lol! :D

Nice call on Backe, I think he was dropped in 5 or 6 leagues this week, but you went the other way and got a servicable start from him and I don't think the Dodgers are gonna hit him, they can't even score in Colorado! I guess that's why you're in the Top 25 overall.

Dyv

h.street

Post by Dyv » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:59 am

Well at least I had the 5 2/3 IP right, lol! :D

Nice call on Backe, I think he was dropped in 5 or 6 leagues this week, but you went the other way and got a servicable start from him and I don't think the Dodgers are gonna hit him, they can't even score in Colorado! I guess that's why you're in the Top 25 overall. Top 25 overall, and I still trail Doughboys in my own league by 14 pts.

Time for Bonds to get back playing - he's my secret weapon. Err, I meant to say he's my foolish gambit on draft day ):

LONG season yet to be played here, sit back and enjoy it.

Dave
Just Some Guy